Rappers "ending" others' rap careers

Throughout rap, rappers have always bragged about being able to end others' rap careers. Out of curiosity, has anyone really done that?

Maybe KRS-One did with PM Dawn, I haven't heard anything about them since that incident.

2Pac might've gotten us all hating on Bad Boy and Mobb Deep, but it's evident that he didn't end any careers, since everyone he dissed has since grown more popular.

Jay-Z used to talk about ending Game's career when he thought Game was dissing him... could he have? And how so? And why did he let 50's diss to him from "How to Rob" slide while he's getting all butt-hurt about Game when Game wasn't even really dissing him?

Eminem smashed on ICP, Benzino, Everlast, and a bunch of other shitty artists who didn't have a huge career anyway. And the whole Ja Rule and Murder Inc. thing was more 50's thing.

Game was right when he said 50 got lucky with Ja. Ja sucked anyway and his shit was getting old.

So what about everything else? Jay-Z v. Mobb Deep, Westside Connection v. Common, etc. Refer to your Beef DVDs, hehe.

linx

Staff member
People use that phrase lightly. Just because someone disses the fuck out of someone, it doesn't mean they ended the persons career. I've seen too many people say that. I can't think of any rappers that actually ended other rappers career. One thing's for sure though, 50 went at Ja nicely and Ja aint been the same since.

7Datskat34 said:
What exactly happened between PM dawn n KRS
In an interview, PM Dawn was talking about how he wasn't with old rappers trying to drop knowledge. KRS-One took it as a diss, and jumped onstage while PM Dawn was performing and literally threw Prince Be's ass off the stage. After that, not much was heard from PM Dawn... but I'm not even really sure if this counts since it was more of a physical thing than a wax thing.

Aristotle said:
The only man who can lay claim to this is KRS-One.
As stated above, it wasn't really KRS-One's lyrics that smashed PM Dawn, it was more his actions. Besides, who else has KRS-One put to rest? Him and Nelly went at it, and Nelly is still selling, hardly anyone remembers the beef.

its linx! said:
One thing's for sure though, 50 went at Ja nicely and Ja aint been the same since.
As true as this is, let's not forget that 50 had the help of the rest of G-Unit, Eminem, Busta Rhymes, and the Game toward the end. While Ja was really the only one from Murder Inc. since Blackchild and Cadillac Tah are wack and Fatal only did a freestyle or two.

Motherfucckers were just hating on Ja when that 50/Ja beef popped off in the mainstream. Ja & Fatal tore 50 & Em apart in Blood In My Eyez. And Fatal is on like half that CD so I don't know what your talking bout a couple freestyles. I honestly can't even remember any diss songs from 50 anymore cept for Wanksta. I just think Ja was at the end of his road and 50 & Em got him & Murder Inc. at the perfect time. EVERYBODY falls off. Death Row fell off, Badboy fell off, Wu-Tang fell off, Cash Money fell off, Murder Inc fell off, No Limit, etc. It's just the way of the rap industry. G-Unit won't be around for much longer and I won't even blame it on no beef sh!t, it just happens. Only a few can stay around forever. (Dre, Jay-Z, Em) Man, I pray I'll never have to add 50 to that list.

The.Menace

Staff member
PacRideOn50 said:
Motherfucckers were just hating on Ja when that 50/Ja beef popped off in the mainstream. Ja & Fatal tore 50 & Em apart in Blood In My Eyez. And Fatal is on like half that CD so I don't know what your talking bout a couple freestyles. I honestly can't even remember any diss songs from 50 anymore cept for Wanksta. I just think Ja was at the end of his road and 50 & Em got him & Murder Inc. at the perfect time. EVERYBODY falls off. Death Row fell off, Badboy fell off, Wu-Tang fell off, Cash Money fell off, Murder Inc fell off, No Limit, etc. It's just the way of the rap industry. G-Unit won't be around for much longer and I won't even blame it on no beef sh!t, it just happens. Only a few can stay around forever. (Dre, Jay-Z, Em) Man, I pray I'll never have to add 50 to that list.
Some true shit. You're right. :thumb:

You know Menace, I actually remember sitting back and thinking back in the day when Cash Money was the hottest sh!t around. I mean it's pretty fair to say no label last forever (on top), but man I remember I couldn't even imagine a time when Cash Money would fall off. Right when No Limit fell off, Cash Money came through and sh!t, I can't remember a buzz bigger than that. I'd compare them to G-Unit, cause they had sh!t on lock, but they fell off.

PacRideOn50 said:
I honestly can't even remember any diss songs from 50 anymore cept for Wanksta.
There are more... "Back Down" "Your Life's on the Line" "I Smell Pussy" "Hail Mary" "The Realest Killaz" and probably some more that I can't think of at the moment.

HellRazor05 said:
Jay didn't let 50's diss slide. "I'm about a dollar what the fuck is 50 cents?" This line ring a bell? 50 explained this all once, he met Jay not too long after he made "How To Rob" and Jay told him he owes 50 a shot for that.
Okay, maybe I worded my statement wrong. I completely recall the "I'm about dollars, who the fuck is 50 Cent" line that he said at that concert. But by letting it slide, I meant how he didn't keep going at him, plus right before he said the line, he ran into 50 Cent and was all cool and friendly about it, saying how he liked the song but has to get him back, whereas earlier this year he was all pissed off at the Game and claiming to end his career if he says anything else.

PacRideOn50 said:
Hey DeeezNuuuts83, did 50 do any of them songs by himself that you named? Just curious.
"Wanksta" and "Back Down" were solo tracks. "The Realest Killaz" had Pac on it, but obviously 50 was the only one going at 50. But regardless, would that really matter?

I'm not defending 50, I'd much rather not hear from him anymore. I was just naming songs, since somebody asked what other disses he put out.

ARon

It wasnt any rapper who ended Ja Rules career (which is not even ended so no point in saying this) but it was more of the groupie kids who ended it, not any lyrics.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.