Rappers "ending" others' rap careers

sniper said:

I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE CO-SIGNING JAY-Z AS A CAREER KILLER. JAY-Z DIDN'T MURDER ANYONES CAREER. HIS DISS TO MOBB DEEP ON THE TAKEOVER WERE WEAK ANYWAY. AT THE TIME THAT JAY-Z DISSED MOBB DEEP, MOBB DEEP'S CAREER SEEMED TO BE COMING TO A HALT, SO MOBB DEEP NOT SELLING RECORDS WOULD'VE HAPPENED REGARDLESS IF THE DISS WOULD'VE TAKEN PLACE OR NOT. AS FOR NAS-CMON, NAS RIPPED HIM. NAS DIDN'T GAIN MOMENTUM AFTER ETHER BECAUSE HE STOPPED TRYING TO BE COMMERCIAL FRIENDLY UNLIKE JAY-Z.

IF ANYTHING 2PAC COULD'VE ENDED JAY-Z, MOBB DEEP, AND NAS'S CAREER IN ONE SHOT IF HE WAS ABLE TO LIVE FOR ANOTHER YEAR. AT THE DISS RATE HE WAS GOING, HE COULD'VE DID WHAT 50 AND SHADY AFTERMATH DID TO MURDER INC. IN LATE 96 & 97!!

Hituup said:
IF ANYTHING 2PAC COULD'VE ENDED JAY-Z, MOBB DEEP, AND NAS'S CAREER IN ONE SHOT IF HE WAS ABLE TO LIVE FOR ANOTHER YEAR. AT THE DISS RATE HE WAS GOING, HE COULD'VE DID WHAT 50 AND SHADY AFTERMATH DID TO MURDER INC. IN LATE 96 & 97!!
Let's not forget that nobody Pac dissed ever got a chance to reply on wax, so there's no way to be sure that he would've ended their careers. Let's also forget that Pac wasn't a battle rapper.

Hituup said:
lol, dude shutup. Mobb Deep dropped "Drop a gem on em" which was a reply to pac and which was actually seen by most critics as a good response.
2pac didnt kill anyones career and who the hell are you to say "give him another year man"..thanks Nostradaumus for that prediction but judging by what we have to go on, the battle would have continued....
Mobb Deep's career was not coming to a halt during that time. They still had a lot of street cred and prodigy was seen as gutter, a rapper with sickle-cell anemia who didnt care whether he lived or died.
Jay threw up a picture of him in a tu-tu in front of a sold out crowd in giants stadium. There was no coming back for mobb deep after this. They were seen as a bunch of pussies talking hard. Jay Z ended their career. Case closed.

Hituup said:
Your also a moron, because in order to murder someones career you have to have the respect of the fans and there was no way in hell at the time anyone from NY would agree with 2pac and turn their backs on Nas and Jay Z, two hometown heros...so you really have no fucking clue what your talking about.Not only do u say this could have happened, but you say it could have happened in one shot!!! shut the fuck up man, cause that one shot happened on hit em up and against all odds and guess what, noones career was destroyed.
2pac had more than enough time to destroy BadBoy records. Problem is, fans werent taking sides of rappers, but rather territory. And NO fucking way Brooklyn would stand up and let deathrow destroy badboy in 1996.

ARon

PLease please please shut the fuck up, nor Ja Rule' or Mobb Deep' careers are even over, no career is ended. So Jay-Z put up a picture, ok..... I'm sure they were thinking of that a lot when they signed to the biggest label right now....Yeah and waht the fuck is Ja Rule thinking with his ended career, still putting out albums, what the fuck hes supposed to be ended. Get the fuck out of here with this, 2pac wouldve 2pac 2pac man get off of it, i get annoyed readin stupid shit like this, well this would of happened if he was alive, or this and this, man shut the fuck up, most of you little kids wouldnt be riding his dick if he was alive, now quit this bullshit.

Aristotle said:
PLease please please shut the fuck up, nor Ja Rule' or Mobb Deep' careers are even over, no career is ended. So Jay-Z put up a picture, ok..... I'm sure they were thinking of that a lot when they signed to the biggest label right now....Yeah and waht the fuck is Ja Rule thinking with his ended career, still putting out albums, what the fuck hes supposed to be ended. .
you just dont get it do you....its about SALES, SALES, SALES...if you cant sell anymore, who the fuck cares how many albums you release your career is over. Mobb Deep is a group that came out with Shook Ones and survival of the fittest....They were dropped from their label because they were no longer a selling group...THAT MEANS YOUR CAREER IS OVER...yes you can jump ship to the "hottest new label out there" and try your hardest to jump on the bandwagon with the newest thing out, but once you have to do that it means your in hot water to begin with.
Ja Rule as well cannot sell shit these days. Do you see his face on tv everywhere these days, his voice on every other remix? No. He doesnt even have a fan base in NY whose "keepin it real" and respects his music only and not the pop shit...he just cant move units my friend...

Your looking into this as if we're immature and "dumb" and you have some higher degree of intelligence on us, but it aint rocket science. Stop trying to sound so friggin enlightened...

If you lose your credibility in hiphop you lose your career.

DeeezNuuuts83 said:
Let's not forget that nobody Pac dissed ever got a chance to reply on wax, so there's no way to be sure that he would've ended their careers. Let's also forget that Pac wasn't a battle rapper.

I KNOW THAT PEOPLE PAC DISSED ON MAKAVELI, 7 DAY THEORY NEVER GOT A CHANCE TO REPLY BECAUSE HE WAS ALREADY DEAD. PAC IS NOT SEEN AS A BATTLE RAPPER, BUT NEITHER IS JAY-Z OR NAS. NONE OF THESE GUYS STARTED THE GAME WITH RAP BEEFS. THE ONLY GUYS YOU COULD CALL BATTLING AS THEIR TERRITORY IS CANIBUS BECAUSE HE WAS INTRODUCED TO THE RAP GAME WITH HIS BATTLE DISS SONG AND VIDEO TO LL.

AS FOR 2PAC, HE WAS A DIVERSE RAPPER. 2PAC COULD MAKE ANY TYPE OF SONG FOR ANY GROUP OF PEOPLE AND SELL IT WELL. HE MADE GOOD LOVE SONGS, SEX SONGS, INSPIRATION SONGS, STREET SONGS, CLUB SONGS, DISS SONGS, ETC.

MY POINT IS ANY RAPPER CAN ADAPT TO BATTLING, SO YOU DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO BE A "BATTLE RAPPER" TO WIN A BATTLE!!

CoolWaterz said:
lol, dude shutup. Mobb Deep dropped "Drop a gem on em" which was a reply to pac and which was actually seen by most critics as a good response.
2pac didnt kill anyones career and who the hell are you to say "give him another year man"..thanks Nostradaumus for that prediction but judging by what we have to go on, the battle would have continued....
Mobb Deep's career was not coming to a halt during that time. They still had a lot of street cred and prodigy was seen as gutter, a rapper with sickle-cell anemia who didnt care whether he lived or died.
Jay threw up a picture of him in a tu-tu in front of a sold out crowd in giants stadium. There was no coming back for mobb deep after this. They were seen as a bunch of pussies talking hard. Jay Z ended their career. Case closed.

HEY NET THUG CALM YOUR PUNK A** DOWN. FIRST OF ALL YOU NEED TO OPEN YOUR EYES CORRECT OR GET SOME GLASSES. 2PAC IS NOT CONSIDERED A BATTLE RAPPER BUT HE HAS THE BEST DISSES OUT OF ANY RAPPER I'VE HEARD. SO FAR PAC HAS LEFT BEHIND PROBABLY MORE THAN 15 SONGS WITH SOME TYPE OF REFERENCES OR DIRECT DISSES TOWARD MOBB DEEP, JAY-Z, BADBOY OR WHOEVER. IF HE WAS TO KEEP RELEASING SONGS WITH DISSES LIKE THAT AFTER AWHILE, HE WOULD'VE MADE HIS TARGETS LOOK WEAK. IF MOBB DEEP WHO WAS PROBABLY CONSIDERED THE HARDEST IN NY WAS CONTINUALLY GETTIN DISSED BY PAC & LAWS, IT WOULD'VE KILLED THEIR CREDIBILITY. THE OUTLAWS WOULD'VE MADE THE SITUATION EVEN WORSE FOR NY CATS BECAUSE THE OUTLAWS WERE FROM THE EAST, SO IT WOULD'VE BEEN INTERESTING TO SEE MOBB DEEP COME OUT FROM THAT.

AND AS FOR MOBB DEEP, THE REASON THERE ALBUM DIDN'T SELL WAs BECAUSE INFAMY WHICH WAS RELEASED AFTER THE TAKEOVER WAS NOT SEEN AS THEIR BEST WORK, WHICH WAS SORT OF A SHOCK FOR MOBB DEEP FOLLOWERS. NOT TO MENTION THAT THE INFAMY ALBUM WAS NOT PROMOTED TO ITS BEST ALSO. JAY-Z HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH THAT, IT WAS SIMPLY TIME FOR MOBB DEEP TO TAKE A BAD SEAT.

CoolWaterz said:
Your also a moron, because in order to murder someones career you have to have the respect of the fans and there was no way in hell at the time anyone from NY would agree with 2pac and turn their backs on Nas and Jay Z, two hometown heros...so you really have no fucking clue what your talking about.Not only do u say this could have happened, but you say it could have happened in one shot!!! shut the fuck up man, cause that one shot happened on hit em up and against all odds and guess what, noones career was destroyed.
2pac had more than enough time to destroy BadBoy records. Problem is, fans werent taking sides of rappers, but rather territory. And NO fucking way Brooklyn would stand up and let deathrow destroy badboy in 1996.

FIRST OF ALL NO ONE ON THE EASTCOAST WAS REALLY TAKING SIDES ABOUT THE BEEF. PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE EAST/WEST BEEF. PEOPLE REALLY TOOK NOTICE AFTER BIG & PAC DIED. IT WASN'T LIKE AN ALL OUT WAR WHERE FANS TOOK SIDES OF HOMETOWN HEROES. REALLY ONLY INDUSTRY PEOPLE TOOK SIDES ON THAT EAST/WEST CRAP. YOU SAY NY AS IF NY IS THE EASTCOAST ALONE, BUT IF YOU CAME TO JERSEY, THE WHOLE WESTIDE MOVEMENT WAS IN. EVERYONE WAS LOVING WHATEVER THAT WAS COMING OUT OF DEATHROW. I REMEMBER CATS STRAIGHT UP THROWING UP THE W & SCREAMING WESTIDE. AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU WERE LOOKED AT AS CORNY IF YOU WERE STILL LISTENING TO NEW YORK RAP. THE WESTIDE HAD IT ON LOCK AND IF PAC NEVER DIED THERE WOULD'VE BEEN NO WAY CATS LIKE JAY-Z COULD'VE CAME BACK FROM BOMB FIRST. ALMOST EVERY CAR IN THE NEWARK AREA WAS BUMPING SNOOP DOGG, DR.DRE OR 2PAC. IF MAKAVELI WAS ALIVE AND BE ABLE TO PROMOTE HIS ALBUM AND HIS DISS SONGS LIKE THE WAY 50 CENT PROMOTED THE MASSACRE AND PIGGYBANK ALL IN ONE, THEN PAC WOULD'VE HAD THE EDGE. YOU ARE JUST TALKING BALONY FOR NOTHING!!

Aristotle said:
PLease please please shut the fuck up, nor Ja Rule' or Mobb Deep' careers are even over, no career is ended. So Jay-Z put up a picture, ok..... I'm sure they were thinking of that a lot when they signed to the biggest label right now....Yeah and waht the fuck is Ja Rule thinking with his ended career, still putting out albums, what the fuck hes supposed to be ended. Get the fuck out of here with this, 2pac wouldve 2pac 2pac man get off of it, i get annoyed readin stupid shit like this, well this would of happened if he was alive, or this and this, man shut the fuck up, most of you little kids wouldnt be riding his dick if he was alive, now quit this bullshit.

I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING ANYBODY A RIDER OR TAKING A SUBLIMINAL AT ME. I'M STATING WHAT I THINK WOULD'VE LIKELY HAPPENED. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN PAC WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD THE MOST TIME AND ENERGY DEDICATED TOWARD THE EAST/WEST THING SO IF HE WAS TO CONTINUALLY DROPPING DISS SONGS, WHO KNOWS WHAT AFFECT IT COULD'VE HELD. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HE HAD THE OUTLAWS WHO ARE FROM THE EAST ON HIS SIDE AND HE HAD CATS LIKE SMITH N WESSN. AND FROM THE WAY PAC TALKED, EVEN THE WUTANG COULD'VE BEEN ON HIS SIDE WHILE BATTLING NY CATS ON WAX. ALSO AT THE TIME, BIGGIE SMALLS WAS BEING SEEN AS SOMEONE WHO WAS FALLING OFF, SO PAC HAD THE EDGE IN HIS DISS SONGS, PLUS HIS DISS SONGS WERE MORE VENOMOUS THAN ANY DISS THATS COME OUT TODAY!!

AND TO THE PERSON WHO SAID AGAINST ALL ODDS CAME OUT AND NOTHING HAPPENED-WELL 2PAC WAS DEAD WHEN THAT SONG CAME OUT. IT RECEIVED LITTLE EXPOSURE AS A DISS TRACK, BUT 50, GAME, FOXY BROWN, AND EVEN JAY-Z HAVE TAKEN LINES FROM THAT SONG. IMAGINE IF PAC WAS TO MAKE A VIDEO FOR THAT OR PUT THAT ON RADIO- IT WOULD'vE WENT DOWN AS A CLASSIC BATTLE RAP SONG!!

xxx

Hituup said:
I'M SO SICK OF PEOPLE CO-SIGNING JAY-Z AS A CAREER KILLER. JAY-Z DIDN'T MURDER ANYONES CAREER. HIS DISS TO MOBB DEEP ON THE TAKEOVER WERE WEAK ANYWAY. AT THE TIME THAT JAY-Z DISSED MOBB DEEP, MOBB DEEP'S CAREER SEEMED TO BE COMING TO A HALT, SO MOBB DEEP NOT SELLING RECORDS WOULD'VE HAPPENED REGARDLESS IF THE DISS WOULD'VE TAKEN PLACE OR NOT. AS FOR NAS-CMON, NAS RIPPED HIM. NAS DIDN'T GAIN MOMENTUM AFTER ETHER BECAUSE HE STOPPED TRYING TO BE COMMERCIAL FRIENDLY UNLIKE JAY-Z.

Actually, i agree. I mean "takeover" is a great song, but the hard ass beat with the doors sample was the best thing there. The lyrics werent that damn good.

As for Tupac, i think he couldve "ended careers" if he stuck around another year or so. It seemed to me, and yes i was a big fan at that time, that all of Bad Boy was afraid to release an album, when shit like AEOM and hit em up were so huge. (except maybe a lil kim album, hehe).

xxx

Hituup said:
FIRST OF ALL NO ONE ON THE EASTCOAST WAS REALLY TAKING SIDES ABOUT THE BEEF. PEOPLE COULD CARE LESS ABOUT THE EAST/WEST BEEF. PEOPLE REALLY TOOK NOTICE AFTER BIG & PAC DIED. IT WASN'T LIKE AN ALL OUT WAR WHERE FANS TOOK SIDES OF HOMETOWN HEROES. REALLY ONLY INDUSTRY PEOPLE TOOK SIDES ON THAT EAST/WEST CRAP. YOU SAY NY AS IF NY IS THE EASTCOAST ALONE, BUT IF YOU CAME TO JERSEY, THE WHOLE WESTIDE MOVEMENT WAS IN. EVERYONE WAS LOVING WHATEVER THAT WAS COMING OUT OF DEATHROW. I REMEMBER CATS STRAIGHT UP THROWING UP THE W & SCREAMING WESTIDE. AS A MATTER OF FACT YOU WERE LOOKED AT AS CORNY IF YOU WERE STILL LISTENING TO NEW YORK RAP. THE WESTIDE HAD IT ON LOCK AND IF PAC NEVER DIED THERE WOULD'VE BEEN NO WAY CATS LIKE JAY-Z COULD'VE CAME BACK FROM BOMB FIRST. ALMOST EVERY CAR IN THE NEWARK AREA WAS BUMPING SNOOP DOGG, DR.DRE OR 2PAC. IF MAKAVELI WAS ALIVE AND BE ABLE TO PROMOTE HIS ALBUM AND HIS DISS SONGS LIKE THE WAY 50 CENT PROMOTED THE MASSACRE AND PIGGYBANK ALL IN ONE, THEN PAC WOULD'VE HAD THE EDGE. YOU ARE JUST TALKING BALONY FOR NOTHING!!
Couldnt agree more. It was exactly the same in my area in Ohio. There was NO ONE i knew that listened to biggie, puffy, mobb deep, jigga. Nas did have some popularity around here though. EVERYONE bumped death row stuff. From 2pac to snoop and dre, i wouldnt go a day without hearing it from a block away.

Hituup said:
I HOPE YOU ARE NOT CALLING ANYBODY A RIDER OR TAKING A SUBLIMINAL AT ME. I'M STATING WHAT I THINK WOULD'VE LIKELY HAPPENED. IF I'M NOT MISTAKEN PAC WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO HAD THE MOST TIME AND ENERGY DEDICATED TOWARD THE EAST/WEST THING SO IF HE WAS TO CONTINUALLY DROPPING DISS SONGS, WHO KNOWS WHAT AFFECT IT COULD'VE HELD. NOT ONLY THAT, BUT HE HAD THE OUTLAWS WHO ARE FROM THE EAST ON HIS SIDE AND HE HAD CATS LIKE SMITH N WESSN. AND FROM THE WAY PAC TALKED, EVEN THE WUTANG COULD'VE BEEN ON HIS SIDE WHILE BATTLING NY CATS ON WAX. ALSO AT THE TIME, BIGGIE SMALLS WAS BEING SEEN AS SOMEONE WHO WAS FALLING OFF, SO PAC HAD THE EDGE IN HIS DISS SONGS, PLUS HIS DISS SONGS WERE MORE VENOMOUS THAN ANY DISS THATS COME OUT TODAY!!

AND TO THE PERSON WHO SAID AGAINST ALL ODDS CAME OUT AND NOTHING HAPPENED-WELL 2PAC WAS DEAD WHEN THAT SONG CAME OUT. IT RECEIVED LITTLE EXPOSURE AS A DISS TRACK, BUT 50, GAME, FOXY BROWN, AND EVEN JAY-Z HAVE TAKEN LINES FROM THAT SONG. IMAGINE IF PAC WAS TO MAKE A VIDEO FOR THAT OR PUT THAT ON RADIO- IT WOULD'vE WENT DOWN AS A CLASSIC BATTLE RAP SONG!!
First off, 2pac only had the outlawz...your trying to justify your case by giving a list of hypothetical scenarious. No the wu tang wouldnt have gotten involved because in case you did not notice not only is method man is featured on ready to die but biggie was the "KING OF NY" and thats not self proclaimed like Jay Z was.. IT was established Biggie was IT...he was not falling off, dude where u gettin shit from? At the time of 2pacs death it was quite apparent the beef was larger than life. Biggie was BIGGER than he was when he released Ready to Die. Are you even from America?

Noones arguing the fact that 2pac had a great diss song, probably the most venomous of all time. But he didnt destroy any careers man...he had a video to Hit Em Up..Biggie was absolutely at his peak when he dropped life after death...
How are you going to say but what if pac dropped more albums...yo how about if Biggie dropped a sick diss track and the beef continued...point is your one sided list of hypothetical endings always have another side to them.
Pointless, what the hell are you even arguing?

Hituup said:
Youre from Newark? where in Newark..and youre crazy man....your talking about the fugees dropping, nas dropping it was written, jay z dropping reasonable doubt, and biggie, not to mention Wu Tang was ON FIRE with Rakewon only built for cuban links...even LL Cool J had his last good album Mr Smith that year
How the hell are you gonna say someone was corny for listening to east coast...Personally i had both biggie and 2pac albums and rocked them both...but to say west coast was more in...this wasnt 1992 anymore.... the only west coast artist repping around the time of the coastal fued that everyone still bumped was 2pac ..NOOONE and i definately repeat Noone bumped "The Doggfather"..the only other album deathrow was puttin out at the time.

xxx said:
Couldnt agree more. It was exactly the same in my area in Ohio. There was NO ONE i knew that listened to biggie, puffy, mobb deep, jigga. Nas did have some popularity around here though. EVERYONE bumped death row stuff. From 2pac to snoop and dre, i wouldnt go a day without hearing it from a block away.
no offense but cleveland aint the east coast....and at the time you guys werent up to date with all the shit going on....
shouldnt you have been bumping E1999/Eternal around that time...that was a classic coming from your neck of the woods...

Aristotle said:
now thats fucking true.

how many albums did ja sell last album? half a million. FOR FUCK, if you are living of music, even making $200 a fucking week then u do indeed have a "CAREER". bottom line.

CoolWaterz said:
First off, 2pac only had the outlawz...your trying to justify your case by giving a list of hypothetical scenarious. No the wu tang wouldnt have gotten involved because in case you did not notice not only is method man is featured on ready to die but biggie was the "KING OF NY" and thats not self proclaimed like Jay Z was.. IT was established Biggie was IT...he was not falling off, dude where u gettin shit from? At the time of 2pacs death it was quite apparent the beef was larger than life. Biggie was BIGGER than he was when he released Ready to Die. Are you even from America?

Noones arguing the fact that 2pac had a great diss song, probably the most venomous of all time. But he didnt destroy any careers man...he had a video to Hit Em Up..Biggie was absolutely at his peak when he dropped life after death...
How are you going to say but what if pac dropped more albums...yo how about if Biggie dropped a sick diss track and the beef continued...point is your one sided list of hypothetical endings always have another side to them.
Pointless, what the hell are you even arguing?
FIRST OF ALL YOU ARE SAYING THE WU-TANG WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN INVOLVED BECAUSE SO AND SO WAS ON SO AND SO'S ALBUM. THAT DIDN'T MEAN A THING. THERE HAS NEVER BEEN UNITY IN NY AND WHATS GOING ON WITH NY HIP HOP PROVES SO TODAY. INCASE YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED ALMOST EVERY RAPPER FROM NY IS TRYING TO COMPETE FOR THE TOP SPOT AND AS A RESULT CREATES RIVALRIES.

FIRST OFF, YOU HAD THE WU-TANG WHO HAD PROBLEMS WITH BIGGIE FOR SAYING BIGGIE USED THEIR SLANG, YOU HAD BIG AND NAS WHO WERE SORT OF COMPETING, AND YOU HAD JAY-Z AND NAS WHO WERE PROBABLY NEVER BEST OF FRIENDS. THE POINT IS THERE WAS NEVER MUCH UNITY IN NY BECAUSE EVERYONE WANTED TO BE ON TOP. IF 2PAC WAS TRYING TO DESTROY BIGGIE SMALLS WHO WAS ON TOP OF NY AT THE TIME, CATS FROM THE EASTCOAST WOULD'VE JOINED HIS SIDE AFTER AWHILE. EVEN SMITH N WESS'N HAD A VIDEO, WHERE THEY KICKED AN IMPOSTER BIGGIE SMALLS OFF THE STAGE. 2PAC & NAS EVEN CAME TO AN UNDERSTANDING AND SHOULD'VE WORKED TOGETHER. SO IMAGINE NAS JOINING WITH PAC, YOU FIGURE IT OUT!!

AND FOR THE RECORD BIGGIE SMALLS DIDN'T EVEN DROP AN ALBUM IN 96' WHILE EVERYONE ELSE DID. AND YEAH, SOME PEOPLE AT THE TIME WERE GETTING TIRED OF BIGGIE BECAUSE HE WAS ALL OVER THE PLACE AND AFTER AWHILE WHEN YOU ARE ALL OVER PEOPLE GET FED UP OF YOU. LOOK AT 50 CENT, HE WENT FROM THE MOST LOVED MAN TO THE MOST HATED. IN 96 BIGGIE WAS SORT OF IN THAT SITUATION, WHERE CATS WERE GETTING TIRED OF ALL HIS HYPE.

CoolWaterz said:
Youre from Newark? where in Newark..and youre crazy man....your talking about the fugees dropping, nas dropping it was written, jay z dropping reasonable doubt, and biggie, not to mention Wu Tang was ON FIRE with Rakewon only built for cuban links...even LL Cool J had his last good album Mr Smith that year
How the hell are you gonna say someone was corny for listening to east coast...Personally i had both biggie and 2pac albums and rocked them both...but to say west coast was more in...this wasnt 1992 anymore.... the only west coast artist repping around the time of the coastal fued that everyone still bumped was 2pac ..NOOONE and i definately repeat Noone bumped "The Doggfather"..the only other album deathrow was puttin out at the time.

MAN YOU ARE CRAZY MAN. NOT ONLY WAS CATS BUMPING ALL EYEZ ON ME AT THAT TIME, BUT PEOPLE WERE ALSO BUMPING PREVIOUS DEATHROW ALBUMS LIKE DOGG FOOD FROM THE DPG AND DOGGYSTYLE, WHICH WAS ABOUT 2 YEARS OLD. DON'T GET ME WRONG PEOPLE WERE STILL LISTENING TO THE EASTCOAST GETS, BUT PEOPLE SAW THE EASTCOAST AS COMING TO AN END AND DYING OUT. PEOPLE AROUND THE WAY BELIEVED WESTCOAST WAS GOING TO RUN RAP AND BE THE FUTURE OF HIP HOP FOR AWHILE. SO BASICALLY, ALBUMS THAT WERE COMING OUT OF NY WERE LOOKED AT AS SOMETHING THAT WOULD BE GOOD FOR TEMPORARILY AND BE PLAYED OUT SOON.

AND FUGEES??!! WTF, NO ONE AROUND HERE BLASTED FUGEES. THEY WERE WAY TOO COMMERCIAL FOR CATS IN THE STREETS TO BE BUMPING. I MEAN IF IT WAS ON THE RADIO AND YOU HAPPENED TO TURN UP THE VOLUME IN YOUR CAR, THEN THATS ALL IT WAS. NO CAT REALLY WENT OUT AND BOUGHT THEIR ALBUM.

THE ONLY RAPPERS FROM NY THAT TRULY TRULY HAD IT ON SMASH IN 96 WAS NAS & LL. BUT THE WESTIDE WAS THE MOVEMENT UP UNTIL AFTER THE MAKAVELI ALBUM.

FOXY BROWN WAS UP & COMING, LIL KIM & JUNIOR MAFIA WAS UP & COMING, JAY-Z WAS UP & COMING. MOBB DEEP HAD THE STREETS, BUT THEY NEVER GOT THE BEST OF THE COMMERCIAL SIDE.

BUT THE WESTCOAST ON THE OTHER HAND HAD THE STREETS & THE COMMERCIAL LIKE THE WAY G-UNIT HAS IT RIGHT NOW. LIKE RIGHT NOW, G-UNIT IS THE BIGGEST IN THE INDUSTRY, SO ITS LIKE A MUST THAT YOU AT LEAST HEAR A G-UNIT ALBUM LIKE IT WAS A MUST TO HEAR THE WESTCOAST IN 96. ALBUMS FROM NY WERE SEEN AS JUST SOME MORE NY ALBUMS, ALTHOUGH THEY BECAME CLASSICS, BUT NONETHESLESS WERE STILL SECONDARY TO THE DEATHROW MATERIAL. TJE SAME GOES ON TODAY- LOOK AT ALL THE OTHER ARTISTS THAT ARE SUPPOSE TO DROP LIKE JIM JONES, JUELZ, PAPOOSE, AND OTHER NY CATS. THEY ARE NOT TAKEN SERIOUS BECAUSE ALTHOUGH G-UNIT IS SORT OF LOSING STEAM, THEY STILL HAVE THE SPOTLIGHT AND BECAUSE OF THAT IT IS OVERSHADOWING THE LIGHT FROM OTHER ARTISTST TO BE IN THE TOP SPOT.

WELL THATS HOW IT WAS WHEN NAS, MOBB DEEP, AND JAY-Z DROPPED ALBUMS BACK THEN-ALTHOUGH THEY WERE GOOD, THE WESTIDE HOGGED UP MOST OF THEIR SPOTLIGHT AND MORE PEOPLE ANTICIPATED WHAT WAS COMING OUT OF DEATHROW NEXT!! AND THATS HOW IT WAS!!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.