Rakim > 2Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmerikazMost

Bombsquad said:
Thank you for shutting shit down.:) Kid was loosing a fight, but still tried to get up to fight again for no apparent reason. You know dude's defense is weak when he has to resort to calling people liars.
You realize the only people that agree with you are the ones who regularly browse the Life forum?

I'll make sure to have my little book of Tupac quotes next time I debate you, because he's the only person you'll believe.

Answer this question please..

Was anybody better than Tupac at any aspect of rapping?

linx

Staff member
What the fuck is this topic even about? I don't know who's arguing with who, but i'll say one thing. Don't argue with a Tupac fan. You're wasting your time. To alot of Pac fans, Pac IS hip hop music. They know nobody else. So don't even bother, seriously.

its linx! said:
What the fuck is this topic even about? I don't know who's arguing with who, but i'll say one thing. Don't argue with a Tupac fan. You're wasting your time. To alot of Pac fans, Pac IS hip hop music. They know nobody else. So don't even bother, seriously.
Thats sad but true, but alot of artists diehard fans tend to give a biased view. But to say "Don't argue with a Tupac fan" is taking it a little too far, even though I can tell you were generalizing just with the majority 'Life' 2pac fans on this forum.
_____
Every one should know by now, that every different individual has different tastes and a UNIQUE perspective on what they consider to be the "Best" or "Greatest".
And to Tupac fans, just because the 'majority' of rap 'fans' consider him to be the greatest of all time, realize that a large factor in this is a Bandwagon effect. Casual rap fans will agree that 2pac is the "Greatest of all Time" with not 1 Cd purchased and California love or changes being their only regularly listened to track(of 2pac).

Just before a groupie attempts to attack me, I am a 2pac fan but MORE so a RAP fan.

AmerikazMost said:
Answer this question please..

Was anybody better than Tupac at any aspect of rapping?
Big Pun and Biggie on Flow
Nas and Rakim with poetic devices
Eminem on sylobol combine
Raekwon on Storytelling
Big L on punchlines
Jay-Z on wordplay
N thas just off the top...

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
heres the official quote from Pac on his style and shit

Davey D: You lived In Marin City for a little while. How was your
connection with hip hop able to be maintained while living there? Was
there a thriving hip hop scene in Marin City?

2Pac: Not really..You were just given truth to the music. Being in
Marin City was like a small town so it taught me to be more straight
forward with my style. Instead of of being so metaphorical with the
rhyme where i might say something like... I'm the hysterical, lyrical
miracle I'm the hypothetical, incredible.... I was encouraged to go
straight at it and hit it dead on and not waste time trying to cover
things...

Davey D: Why was that?

2Pac: In Marin City it seemed like things were real country.
Everything was straight forward. Poverty was straight forward. There
was no way to say I'm poor, but to say 'I'm po'...we had no money and
that's what influenced my style.
again though the rakim > 2pac aspect was settled early on in this thread but wanted to clear that section up. like I said before I don't think the shit even applies too bad because regardless theres other ways of measurin a MC (and other ways Rakim can be seen as a better MC). -just look at someone like Canibus and how he rhymes lmao

AmerikazMost said:
haha I know, but I bet Bombsquad won't admit that anyone was better than 2Pac at anything.

Plus, he's a Rakim hater.
Jesus Christ, just give up!! You lost already. Admit that you were wrong. You can't win every fight you're in. You tried to battle a source for crying out loud. Just take your L and keep it moving. Next time challenge with facts instead of your ass.

And :laugh: at you trying to dig up old bones when the fossils don't even match me.:laugh:

AmerikazMost

Bombsquad said:
Jesus Christ, just give up!! You lost already. Admit that you were wrong. You can't win every fight you're in. You tried to battle a source for crying out loud. Just take your L and keep it moving. Next time challenge with facts instead of your ass.
Asking 2Pac if he might not have been good at something he takes seriously is like asking O.J. if he killed his wife.
Bombsquad said:
And :laugh: at you trying to dig up old bones when the fossils don't even match me.:laugh:
you know that you posted in that thread, right?

You never answered my question.

AmerikazMost said:
Asking 2Pac if he might not have been good at something he takes seriously is like asking O.J. if he killed his wife.
:laugh: @ u still trying to battle a source. You just won't stop making a fool out of yourself won't u?

Umm. Did you not read the interview, EDouble posted? Unless I'm blind, please show me where the interviewer ask 2Pac about his rhymes. Please point it out to me.

things...

AmerikazMost said:
you know that you posted in that thread, right?
LMAO. You got a fast one pulled over your eyes kid. :laugh:

AmerikazMost

OMG! R U trYiNg tO baTTle a SoUrcE?!
Bombsquad said:
:thumb: TRUE. Rakim has plenty to prove today!
Bombsquad said:
Rakim is outdated. i barely care 4 him and his works. the only time his name is mentioned is during some type of hip hop historic documentation or something. His works on mca in 97-99 weren't on par to his works when he was doing it with Eric B. Calling Rakim a great mc is like Bobby Brown calling himself the King of R&B today. about 20 years ago, he was good, but now he's :( . If Rakim wants to concrete his mark on hip hop forever he will need to winover the young crowds today because if his return doesn't spark anything in the mainstream world he can loose credibility with not only the new kid fans but the old school. The last thing Rakim needs to hear is "rakim has fallen off". Its like what the other guy said he has to prove himself all over again. And believe me trying to appeal to the independent underground market won't spark the world of hip hop or do anything significant.
Bombsquad said:
OK, first of all there is no need to even read what you've wrote because so far plenty of things you've written hasn't made more sense than the person you were going back& forth with earlier. And what you were born in 1986. LOL. You are only a kid. What are you about 18,19. You go according to what other people say. Rakim A God and all this-you don't even have a mind of your own. The only reason you listen to Rakim is because of word of mouth other than that you wouldn't know shit. And what type of English is yes, you is stupid. Cmon, you are trying to be gangsta over the internet! lmao.

Look at this dum line you wrote in one of your replies: He's just looking for the best way to make an impact on the game, not on the charts. That's why he left Dre.

The only reason he left Dre is because he couldn't stand to go through all the politics and waiting in line before having his album released. I suggest you do some research before making some comments like that. And like someone also said his album still isn't released and he still cant even find a record deal. Now how dum was that.

When he joined Dre he knew he would be getting mainstream attention other than that why would he have even joined him. Now go think about that.
Bombsquad said:
Exactly 2pac is not the greatest rapper of all time. He's the greatest MC of all time. What other MC can can rap about diverse subject matters like pac. He can be a killer, a feminists, a thug, politician, you name it. And he does that transition very well. Don't play yourself. On a musical level he cannot be touched by any mc and I can say that boldely. If you want to talk about 2pac not being great in terms of lyrics then Rakim isn't the greatest either. There's plenty of rappers with lyrics, any rapper can play the wordplay game, so don't give me 2pac didn't have the best lyrics because if he wanted to be lyrical he could've, but he chose not to. He was more focused on his agenda of bettering the world. If you are judging mc's by lyrics alone then Jadakiss or even Cassidy would qualify in your interpretation as great mc's.

A great mc has relevance and appeal, good body of work, and brings change to music. Rakim is not relevant nor does he has appeal, so he's not a great mc. Get your head out of 1989. To you he makes good music, but he didn't stand the test of time. He's what you call a has-been. He seems to only make music for a particular fanbase, so because of that he's failed in my eyes.

And what you fail to realize is that Rakim is nothing but a rough draft of the mc's after him. He's like a typewriter and the mc's after him are like pc typing programs. He made way for the new rappers, but the invention of the typewriter made way for pc's also, but I don't see anyone calling typewriters the best. He was great years ago. He's not the best now. Give it up.
Bombsquad said:
You know what thank goodness that hituup is here. I'm glad that someone else views Rakim the same way I see him. These children who weren't around for the birth of hip hop come out of nowhere and try to discredit an MC like 2pac over a hasbeen mc like Rakim. Like the nerve of these kids to come here around Pac's anniversary and try to put someone else over him. Rakim is good, but he's old news. The thing is some of seasoned veteran kids who are board member hear some older person like an older brother or cousin talk about Rakim. Second, they decided to listen to Rakim after hearing about him on a greatest mc countdown show. Or either some of these kids here about Rakim from some internet hip hop fraud that feels they know everything

And let me explain why 2pac is the greatest mc ever.

First of all 2pac is a full packaged mc. 2pac is the epitome of what a great mc should be. He's a perfect example of how an mc should be packaged. Energetic, emotional, passion, great content, has messages, had a mission, diversity, different flows, storyteller, lyricisist, appeal you name it. 2pac has it all and because of this he is a worldwide phenomenom and because of this is considered a great mc. I've spoken to plenty of people that have listened to Pac and Rakim and when I speak to them about Pac I find out that when they started listening to pac or first started listening to Pac that they felt chills. When I listen to 2pac I can say WOW. Rakim has never gave me or plenty of people that type of awe feeling that 2pac has given me and plenty of people.

Rakim may speak about alot of scientific-political shit, but how many fans has he reached since 89. Plenty of people have listened to hip hop without listening to Rakim, but if you asks someone who's never heard Pac's music people will look at them like an alien. I'm sure if Biggie came out before Rakim, he would've changed the game also. Plenty of people have contributed to hip hop and not only Rakim. The only thing that makes Rakim different is that he has influence mc's after him, but that doesn't mean Rakim is the "GREATEST MC IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD"

Rakim is not a full packaged mc. Although he's contributed plenty in his day in terms of style. He's had that same type of rhyme style and pattern that he's used in his prime up until this day. The boring voice with the continuos rhyming. That's all his style is. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if he was named "The most boring mc" ever. His refusal to make music for the globe and reinvent himself properly have all added to his demise. Even his attempt to reinvent himself failed back in 97. "Guess Who's Back". What a joke of a song. I have nothing against Rakim, but just because you want to feel more in tuned with hip hop or have some type of crediblity doesn't mean kids should come here and downplay Pac.
Bombsquad said:
Whatever. I really don't care if you think Rakim is better than Pac or not. If you put Rakim over him I wouldn't be mad because Pac respected him, but the main point is as for now I don't think he's got it like before and yeah I do agree that he was dum for leaving the D R E. He has no label. where is he going to go? He should join G-Unit. I'm sure 50 would let him do his music as he pleases and I'm sure 50 doesn't have to be singing on any of his songs. I'm sure Rakim wouldn't like that anyway. Rakim needs to say GG-GG-ggg-unit. 50 come save your favorite mc. At least with 50 cents, it would make sense because 50 is a big rapper just like how Rakim once was. Rakim being under Talib Kwali would make no sense to me. Or if anything he should join Kanye's label and be under him. Kanye and his label makes the type of music Rakim can relate to. To me they are almost in the same bracket. Maybe 50 and or Kanye can bring more brightness and electricity to Rakim's scientology subliminals. I'm snoring while listening to "Paid In Full" and "The Master". For the meantime- SOMEONE POURS COLD WATER ON MY FACE WHILE I'M ON MY HEADPHONES SLEEPING TO RAKIM'S ALBUMS!!
THAT is a source. Someone's opinion on their own talent isn't a credible source in a debate that argues his level of ability.

You conceded this debate to me pages ago. You made no argument against the works produced, in which Rakim's lyricism trumps Pac's. You're whole side is, "Nuh uh! He coud've if he wanted to. He told me so."

you show no evidence to the contrary. You're only 'evidence' is "He told me so." People would take you more seriously if you tried to show real evidence like lines from his songs thta showed his lyrical potential instead of all this he-say/she-say.

AmerikazMost said:
OMG! R U trYiNg tO baTTle a SoUrcE?!....blah..blah...etc
First of all you are making yourself look like an idiot by the posts. Just stop it now!! First of all, if you used your brain, you'd understand what I was saying 2 posts ago. Just to let you know, I told (hituup) the guy you were calling me earlier to make this account for me, so I didn't start using this account immediately. He used my account as his co-sign posts. You got duped.:laugh:

AmerikazMost said:
THAT is a source. Someone's opinion on their own talent isn't a credible source in a debate that argues his level of ability.
Amerika is back on his feet trying to get back in the fight even though he's been knocked down about 10x already. Commentator 1: But Why does he continue to fight when it's clear that he won't win? Commentator 2: Because he's not concious enough to accept the fact that he's getting his ass handed to him.

AmerikazMost said:
You conceded this debate to me pages ago. You made no argument against the works produced, in which Rakim's lyricism trumps Pac's. You're whole side is, "Nuh uh! He coud've if he wanted to. He told me so."
blah blah. Your hook was countered and now you're back down with a knockout blow. You tried to dig up some shit on me to change the story, but it didn't quite work. try to go dig up something else.

AmerikazMost said:
you show no evidence to the contrary. You're only 'evidence' is "He told me so." People would take you more seriously if you tried to show real evidence like lines from his songs thta showed his lyrical potential instead of all this he-say/she-say.
And people of the forum will start to loose respect for you if you don't take your L like a man. Seriously, you're playing yourself. Just admit that you lost. Nothing you can say or EVEN DO can redeem your lost.

Bombsquad said:
:laugh: @ u still trying to battle a source. You just won't stop making a fool out of yourself won't u?

Umm. Did you not read the interview, EDouble posted? Unless I'm blind, please show me where the interviewer ask 2Pac about his rhymes. Please point it out to me.

things...

LMAO. You got a fast one pulled over your eyes kid. :laugh:
Stop being a fuckin idiot. Sure, Pac may have been more focused on his lyrical content back in the day, but there's no way to even say if it touched Rakim's level or not.

And stop saying "zomg he's back on his feet after being knocked out 100 times :laugh: :laugh: ". No matter how many times you say it no one is going to agree with you.

As far as I see it Rakim is the better MC as far as fresstyling/flow but overall pac is the better rap artist. I listen to Rakim alot and he will always be one of my fav rappers but his music doesnt grip me like pac's does and its as simple as that

linx

Staff member
What are you even talking about BombSquad? He didn't "lose" anything. Why is there even an argument about who's better when it's a matter of opinion? It always is. It's fun to debate sometimes, but not like this. Rakim was obvioulsy on the hip hop scene before Pac was and he was a highly influential artist. Because when it came to just straight up skills on the mic, he was one of, if not THE best. I'm leaning towards one of because I think Big Daddy Kane is right up there as well with Rakim as far as lyrical ability. Somebody like Rakim influenced Pac. Influenced Nas. Influenced Jay. Influenced Biggie. All kinds of rappers who in ten years (shit, even now), people will look at as legends in hip hop. They're different kinds of artist, period. So there's no way to really compare them like you seem to want to. You can argue all day, but the fact is that Pac just never ripped the mic like Rakim did.

He never came with that kind of lyrical ability on a consistant basis to make me or anyone else think different. Pac did what he did and he did it well. That's why people love his music so much. He spoke on real shit and it was and still is incredible. That's what makes him Pac and that's what made him the best at it. He did it better than everyone else. Back when Rakim was around, it was about who had more skills on the mic and that's what he was trying to proove. He isn't called the "God" for nothing, right? I grew up on hip hop music and to me it was always about who had the skill to just rip the mic apart. To me, Rakim or Big Daddy Kane did it the best and that's why they are at the top of my list. Pac is up there as well, but for other reasons.

There's no way i'm gonna say "this one is better because he COULD HAVE done this". Not a chance, because anyone COULD DO something, but it's whether or not they do it.

KAMIKAZI said:
Stop being a fuckin idiot. Sure, Pac may have been more focused on his lyrical content back in the day, but there's no way to even say if it touched Rakim's level or not.

And stop saying "zomg he's back on his feet after being knocked out 100 times :laugh: :laugh: ". No matter how many times you say it no one is going to agree with you.
AmerikasMost is that you trying to make me feel like you have a supporter when it is probably you from another account?:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.