Rakim > 2Pac

Status
Not open for further replies.
WC Souldja said:
For what, just want to talk about Rakim and Pac?
well the first one shouldn't have been closed, but it was anyway. i was just going by the fact that the mods generally dont like it when you remake a thread they closed. but i guess they dont care, this one's been open for a while now

jbrolax said:
i guess u just didnt get it...
I dont see it...was I suppose to hate because the fact Rakim has a White Ghostwriter....like I said earlier I dont have a problems with Whites just dont want to be White....but who gives a fuck, quit trying to bring beef in all my threads...Message to the haters

here we go, the first relevant post in the thread....

Overall I disagree... Rakim is hugely influential, and his style revolutionized rap. That is without a doubt. But Tupac was a better song writer, had more hits, sold more records, and has surpassed Rakim's influence b/c the new generation of rappers looks up to Tupac like Tupac's generation looked up to Rakim. It's just the way things go... they are both legends in hip hop, but anyone under 20 has no clue what Rakim was about because they were too young when he was important.

As an MC, Rakim is better. At the same time, Tupac purposely simplified his rhymes to reach a wider audience b/c that what he saw as the best tactic to teach his people. He didn't do it for record sales like Jay-Z. One can only imagine if Tupac did not have the same upbringing what kind of lyrical beast he would have become. His intelligence alone was enough to be on a Rakim-like level.

Peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.