Producers, how much they charge ?

Scoobyffc

Whats up yall, i always wondered how much producers, like Dre, Timbaland, Neptunes and Quik, charge to produce a track...

I guess its a lot of money, i heard Dre charges $200.000, i think its wayy too much, is that real ?

tnks

jbrolax

it doesnt matter how good the beat is, it matters how good the producer who made the beat is....like anything your paying for a name

Scoobyffc

Nah i dont know, i mean, Dre is the most famous producer in the rap game. Most famous, im not saying hes the best, even thinkin that he is, but its my opinion.
And i think it depend on whos buyin it, Dre is not gonna charge 50 the same he charges someone whos not from Aftermath/Shady/G-Unit

some magazine that came out some time ago said dre charges
$250,000 and you get a big discount ($75,000 a beat) if your tight with the aftermath family the artist on aftermath probably get it alot cheaper

KrAzY:aka:AnDy

Under The Influence
$250,000 a beat?

I really doubt that... if that's the case... The Game, 50, Eminem and the rest all got a pretty fuckin good deal on their debut albums.

I don't think anyone in their right mind no matter how rich would fork out 250 g's per beat.

Scoobyffc

i think 250 g's for a fucking no1 singles is fair enough, i mean, the producers made it a bomb track thats gonna sell millions.

dre would not accept less than 100k for a beat.
swizz has stated in scratch mag that he is no longer accepting less than 100k a beat. even if the beats are shitty, they always seem to make them sound so good, which is because of excellent choice of sounds and superb mastering. the heatmakerz charge about 30k for a beat, and more if it is single material. because if a song can sell 500k as a single, that is at least 500,000 for the artist, who usually gets a fifth of all sales (varies). so in the end, it is worth it.
i dont know how much storch charges, but i bet he is the most highly ranked producer at the moment. dre has not been putting out hits consistently and kanye can't make a beat without using samples, vocal or instrument-wise.

the most that no-name producers get is a couple of thousand at the most. i know somebody that has produced for david banner, and he says he got around 10,000.
what you can do to become a big-name producer is work your way up by offering your best beats for free. all you need is a name in the credits of a decent artist's booklet and you already have a foot in the door. then you can charge money... :)

ARon

Hymnz said:
i dont know how much storch charges, but i bet he is the most highly ranked producer at the moment. dre has not been putting out hits consistently and kanye can't make a beat without using samples, vocal or instrument-wise.
So Kanye using a sample like every other producer in the world is bad? Samples are not to be looked down upon, when will people realize that.

TCD

Too my knowledge Dr.Dre has only had 1 hit single with an artist that is not connected to Aftermath and that was Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl".
And I heard somewhere that a Neptunes beat costs more than a Dre beat but I could be wrong.
How does Kanye's use of samples hinder his earning potential?
What I do know for a fact is that producers make more money from music than most artists. As artists pay for everything they do.

DJ Premier charges $200,000 a beat but he said it does depend on who the artist is meaning if he likes the artist he wont charge as much.

Remember reading somewhere that the "Excuse Me Miss" beat for Jay-Z cost $250,000....I think neptunes charge the most in the industry from what I have read and heard...

Out of interest what was the beat that Nas was rumoured to pay a million for?

Chronic said:
Why don't you read up a little on how Hip-Hop beats originated.
i never said anything that goes against hip-hop, or saying that he is not playing his role in hip-hop properly, moron.
first of all, hip-hop originated from different music genres and styles, and has been affiliated with sampling severly by the best producers throughout the short life of it, until this point (and will continue). but we have seen that hip-hop is also changing, and has ALWAYS been changing. sampling is still big, but most of kanye produced songs use vocal samples. just about every other decent-to-big producer out there has a better ratio of sampled vs 100% own creativity.. i'm not insulting his beats, what i am insulting is his inability to make them without resulting to find a vocal sample to spark some mind-power.

you might wanna read up on a little hip-hop production before you reply.. i have been reading music production mags (concerning hip-hop where possible) since my brother introduced me to this aspect of the music cycle at 12. i know a lot more about producers and producing than you ever will.:p

DEEJAY* said:
Out of interest what was the beat that Nas was rumoured to pay a million for?
first of all it was 2 mill.
2ndly, this has been proven to be a hoax. someone started it as a rumour and it was downplayed about 2 months ago as false info.
but there is still some speculation because they asked Pharell on radio about this and he didn't give very conclusive answers as to a 'bidding-war' occuring over this beat.

but it could happen. if there is a good enough beat, i mean REALLY awesome that will get people jumping whether they like hip-hop or not.. then a beat could be priced at such a figure.. won't happen for a while though. i think :rolleyes:

Chronic

Hymnz said:
i never said anything that goes against hip-hop, or saying that he is not playing his role in hip-hop properly, moron.
first of all, hip-hop originated from different music genres and styles, and has been affiliated with sampling severly by the best producers throughout the short life of it, until this point (and will continue). but we have seen that hip-hop is also changing, and has ALWAYS been changing. sampling is still big, but most of kanye produced songs use vocal samples. just about every other decent-to-big producer out there has a better ratio of sampled vs 100% own creativity.. i'm not insulting his beats, what i am insulting is his inability to make them without resulting to find a vocal sample to spark some mind-power.

you might wanna read up on a little hip-hop production before you reply.. i have been reading music production mags (concerning hip-hop where possible) since my brother introduced me to this aspect of the music cycle at 12. i know a lot more about producers and producing than you ever will.:p
*claps*

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.