Producers, how much they charge ?

Hymnz said:
i never said anything that goes against hip-hop, or saying that he is not playing his role in hip-hop properly, moron.
first of all, hip-hop originated from different music genres and styles, and has been affiliated with sampling severly by the best producers throughout the short life of it, until this point (and will continue). but we have seen that hip-hop is also changing, and has ALWAYS been changing. sampling is still big, but most of kanye produced songs use vocal samples. just about every other decent-to-big producer out there has a better ratio of sampled vs 100% own creativity.. i'm not insulting his beats, what i am insulting is his inability to make them without resulting to find a vocal sample to spark some mind-power.

you might wanna read up on a little hip-hop production before you reply.. i have been reading music production mags (concerning hip-hop where possible) since my brother introduced me to this aspect of the music cycle at 12. i know a lot more about producers and producing than you ever will.:p
Kanye's beats are dope, period. Would you insult Norman Rockwell because his drawings were based on photographs? Maybe because he "resulted (wrong word) in finding a photograph to spark some mind-power"? Besides, there is NO WAY someone like Dre could ever even fuck w/the complexity of the Funk Brothers, so why even try? Sampling = organic, authentic sound.

Anyways, costs of a beat change all the time...Kanye's spit that he charges at least 80k, I've heard Dre's around $250k, Neptunes might get up to a mil, either way they are expensive.

TCD

Aren't drum machines a form of sampling? Producers don't play all the instruments they have on their beats but that doesn't take away their abilities as a producer. I don't see how choosing a drum pattern on a drum machine is much different creative wise from choosing a vocal sample from millions of songs.

Kanye has shown that he doesn't need vocal samples to make hot beats as is shown by award winning songs like "You Don't Know My Name".

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Hymnz said:
i never said anything that goes against hip-hop, or saying that he is not playing his role in hip-hop properly, moron.
first of all, hip-hop originated from different music genres and styles, and has been affiliated with sampling severly by the best producers throughout the short life of it, until this point (and will continue). but we have seen that hip-hop is also changing, and has ALWAYS been changing. sampling is still big, but most of kanye produced songs use vocal samples. just about every other decent-to-big producer out there has a better ratio of sampled vs 100% own creativity.. i'm not insulting his beats, what i am insulting is his inability to make them without resulting to find a vocal sample to spark some mind-power.

you might wanna read up on a little hip-hop production before you reply.. i have been reading music production mags (concerning hip-hop where possible) since my brother introduced me to this aspect of the music cycle at 12. i know a lot more about producers and producing than you ever will.:p
You do realize that sampling is hip-hop, right? Without sampling, there is no hip-hop beats. That's what Chronic was getting at.

TCD said:
Too my knowledge Dr.Dre has only had 1 hit single with an artist that is not connected to Aftermath and that was Gwen Stefani's "Rich Girl".
Eve ft. Gwen Stefani - Blow Your Mind......which practically won him Producer of the Year

TCD

Confucius87 said:
Eve ft. Gwen Stefani - Blow Your Mind......which practically won him Producer of the Year
I ment to say this year.
Eve eventually signed to Aftermath so she did have connections.

oh dear lord.....
i know sampling is hip-hop! but dre, who basically pioneered the chronic, frequently makes beats WITHOUT sampling. he is evidence of hip-hop changing. i'm just saying it would be nice of kanye to not sample for one radio hit... so hard to understand? if sampling was hip-hop, half of the beats produced today aren't? is that what you're getting at? anyway i don't care, fuck kanye and fuck dre!

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.