Please take a moment to answer this poll concerning StreetHop.com

Does StreetHop.com work for you?

• Yes, everything works fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, it used to work, but now doesnt (Please reply telling me when it stopped working and if you coul

• No, it has never worked (Please reply telling me your system specs and browser)

• It didnt work before, but it does now. (Please reply telling me if you have changed anything you thi

• Total voters

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
H.E. Pennypacker said:
StreetHop is having a problem displaying news articles. I posted a news article a while ago, and its showing up on top. Sometimes, my name is not shown at the bottom of the article, and at other times, news articles are either not listed chronologically on the right side, or they don't even show up.

It can't be me, because I've accessed Street Hop from three different computers. On one of the computers, I've used both IE and Firefox. On the other two, I've used only IE. Still, the problem is there.
Its because when you posted your news, you listed Articles as the catagory. This posts articles, in the articles section, not news.

Leave it as General for news and you'll have no problem.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
H.E. Pennypacker said:
Firefox will only allow you to post in HTML. So, what webmasters use for websites, is what you use when using Firefox. It won't have plain text come out such as this.

Everyone has this "problem." When I am done writing something, I go to Frontpage, insert the text, and take the HTML. After that, I insert the HTML into Firefox, and that's it.

I have pretty much the opposite problem. I can't post at all on IE. That's not one computer, but on at least two computers (home and school). You can't put anything into the text area, for me.

Rukah, can you please respond to my previous post with problems (its on the second page)? Thanks.
This used to happen to me, my PC just didnt like the news panel for some reason, Jon and I never did work out why it happens, but its to do with the PC you use and not the site. I started using Firefox and all is good, and IE works again too but i just dont use it.

If you use frontpage I ask one thing, please make sure the code has no <p> tags at the beginning or end of the news post as they are added automatically, and do not use any <font> tags at all.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Rukas said:
This used to happen to me, my PC just didnt like the news panel for some reason, Jon and I never did work out why it happens, but its to do with the PC you use and not the site. I started using Firefox and all is good, and IE works again too but i just dont use it.

If you use frontpage I ask one thing, please make sure the code has no <p> tags at the beginning or end of the news post as they are added automatically, and do not use any <font> tags at all.

I'm confused now.

It's not firefox then?

Because it only happens to me on Firefox, not when I use I.E. So I just use i.e to post news. And firefox the rest of the time.

Nah, I don't use <p> tags at the end or beginning. I use it only in the body.

I'm confused now.

It's not firefox then?
Apparently they don't know the full story either.

Its because when you posted your news, you listed Articles as the catagory. This posts articles, in the articles section, not news.

Leave it as General for news and you'll have no problem.
Ah, that's why. Thanks.

It stopped working for me when ya put the Napo flash ad up, it only let the header and navigation appear. But when ya replaced it with the new ads [Gobi ad, Street Team ad] it's been working perfectly.. heh.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.