Ok, you like Pac.. but..

no one has laughed at the link in my profile yet.....click it... it's true..it's true...it's damn true....

makes me feel bad....that no one looks at my shit anymore..

Pac's my favorite rapper hands down, but hardly listen to any other west coast music aside from Game.. I DO like the Outlawz still though, even though they're not near as good as when Pac was alive.. I hardly listen to that many people that pac worked with.. Yukmouth, E-40, Mac Dre, Richie Rich, Rappin 4tay, etc.. I just aint feeling them.. I'd rather listen to Big, Mobb Deep, or Big L.. Then again I'm from the east, so it must be in my blood :horny:

Giz

I don't think that's true anymore, it was like that a couple of years ago tho. I remember this board going crazy every time somebody had something negative to say about Pac, and there was nothing wrong with that, this is a Pac fan-site after all. That was the good ol' times, as far as I'm concerned.

Now everybody is so "mature", people are standing in line to prove that "Pac wasn't that nice", like in this thread. And that's cool too I guess, you have to move on at some point...

PuffnScruff said:
lol, hatred? not really, like some people on this board i can smell b.s. when it is in your face. if i should ever speak to said person, i would have a few choice words and questions and i am sure the conversation would be ended quickly from said person getting mad and calling me a "hater" or "i dont know what i'm talking about"

whether or not i have spoken with said person doesnt mean anything. this person posts on this board and there are many holes in the things that this has said and claimed in the past

wake up and smell the b.s. i know you are not a dumb person. you seem to be a pretty smart person actually. just look at the overall picture here and you will see the b.s. i am speaking of which many people other than myself can see.
Candyman 187? Come on snitch my bitch.

Well, I don't agree with the opening posts. In fact, when I go to the Life sections, I see plenty of people hating on the Outlaws, at least the remaining Outlaws including myself. I feel the Outlaws could've been one of the greatest groups and could've made history by putting New Jersey hip hop on the map. The songs they made with 2Pac for their Retribution album were as classic as some of the songs on reasonable doubt, illmatic, and other classics. They could've been like a Wu-Tang of New Jersey.

I think of the same thing with Big & Junior Mafia. I believe they would've blew up had Big been around longer. The problem is that when people have mentors who pass away at so young, there's no coming back from that. As of today, I don't like the Outlaws or Junior Mafia.

As for the people pac worked with, I don't like e-40 too much. I don't like Hammer, not really feeling Richie Rich and a whole lot of people that pac worked with. And I listen to Biggie, Jay-Z, Mobb Deep, Lil Kim, and plenty of people pac have dissed.

Not to mention, if this was back in 98-2002, I believe some of you guys would've been flamed for saying the things you've said in this thread. I see things as changing. And part of it is due to such terms as dickriders and stans.

And also, I feel people want to have a status of not being among a trend or feeling it's cool to be an outkasts. Especially the young kids coming up from 13-19. Alot of people, especially from 13-19 will not automatically like someone who's name is out there because of so much hype around an individual, which can then stir up discussions or topics to hate on someone like pac or will undermine him and say something like "he's not all that special" because they want attention or want to go against a mass opinion. That's how I see it nowadays.

Kadafi Son

Well too me, Pac IS the greatest rapper of all time. The Outlawz, I admit, I ain't been feelin' them lately. The rappers he worked with, I heard of them before knowing they did tracks or were affiliated with pac. Don't really like E-40, but I like Rappin' 4 Tay, DJ Quik, Richie Rich and even deathrow. Yes, I liked deathrow artist. I'm from the eastcoast, but for my reasons, I prefer westcoast music. But because a person worked with pac doesn't mean I'll automatically have love 4 em. But those rappers compared to rappers today appeal more 2 me. And this particular site, is Pac made, and I don't know much about where ya'll are from, but the south, a lot of people make fun of me for even listening to pac. So one of the reasons I come here is so that I can see people who can relate to me liking 2pac, but the, its kinda funny everybody is switching sides. Doesn't matter to me though, I'ma do me and ya'll switchouts can do ya'll you...

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Tupac = Ill

Thug Life = Was ill, and because they dont do anything now they are always in the ill catagory because they havent fucked it up like.....

Outlawz = Generally average rappers

Death Row = Every artist on Death Row in its golden years was dope.

Other artists Pac worked with like E40, 4-Tay and Richie Rich = Were dope before Pac, dope with Pac, and dope after Pac.

The fact is, Tupac just surrounded himself with talented rappers, so its easy to like a lot of them and be fans of them independent of Tupac.

Casey

Staff member
PuffnScruff said:
lol, hatred? not really, like some people on this board i can smell b.s. when it is in your face. if i should ever speak to said person, i would have a few choice words and questions and i am sure the conversation would be ended quickly from said person getting mad and calling me a "hater" or "i dont know what i'm talking about"

whether or not i have spoken with said person doesnt mean anything. this person posts on this board and there are many holes in the things that this has said and claimed in the past

wake up and smell the b.s. i know you are not a dumb person. you seem to be a pretty smart person actually. just look at the overall picture here and you will see the b.s. i am speaking of which many people other than myself can see.
It's not B.S, and I know B.S when I smell it. Slight exaggerations, added details, possibly, but I don't even think that particularly much. Reason why I asked if you had ever spoke to him? Because I have, face to face, and some of the things we spoke about were built on true emotions, heartfelt feelings and fond memories. The man was honest, true and sincere, and you'll be able to hear that in the final cut, which I'm going to the studio to edit today btw.

I have encountered many many people with what I do, there's more bullshitters in the music industry than any other, I've dealt with people that are at the top of some of the biggest record labels in the world and smelled b.s from some of them. and I know an honest man when I see/speak to one. and I'm sure Rukas does too.

Rukas said:
Tupac = Ill

Thug Life = Was ill, and because they dont do anything now they are always in the ill catagory because they havent fucked it up like.....

Outlawz = Generally average rappers

Death Row = Every artist on Death Row in its golden years was dope.

Other artists Pac worked with like E40, 4-Tay and Richie Rich = Were dope before Pac, dope with Pac, and dope after Pac.

The fact is, Tupac just surrounded himself with talented rappers, so its easy to like a lot of them and be fans of them independent of Tupac.
I was about to post something similiar...Pac did rap with mostly good rappers...

what i hate even more is when it became cool to hate on pac just cause most of everybody else likes him. pac is my favorite rapper ever and the outlawz are terrible to me. of course there are other rappers that have more pure rapping talent than pac but there is no other rapper i consider a better artist. i also bump the shit out of all the peeps pac dissed. i love nas, jay-z and biggie. go to the pac forum and you will see many others just like me. every popular artist has dickryders. that's life. it's good to see that peeps are still bothered by pacs power and status 10 years after he died. also when you have practically every rapper calling pac the greatest the casual fan will start agreeing with that. blame people like eminem who called 2pac the greatest song writer that ever lived. 2pac will always be considered the greatest. just accept it. peace

i dislike a lot of the people Pac worked with, i could never understand either why people felt the need to say the outlawz were the best group ever because they clearly are not...and i could never understand the people who hated Biggie or Jay or Mobb Deep just because Pac disliked them.
and outside of showing they had heart in a rap, I don't feel Pac is at the top of any category in rap, but when you add all the categories together, I don't think there is another rapper who touches pac...like i said, not the best rapper, not the best writer, not the best lyricist, but overall he outshines everyone as a complete artist in my opinion, and that's all that is, an opinion

people consider e-40 as classic??? he hangs out with lil jon, for christ's sake....sure that doesnt take away from his accomplishments, but isnt just another one of those rappers that sold out to the modern rap era?

its linx! said:
Why does everyone who is such a huge Pac fan think they have to like Death Row, The Outlawz, Thug Life and anyone else Pac ever fucked with musically or streetwise? I don't have a problem with anyone liking Pac ..everyone likes him now a days anyway. I just don't see why every Pac fan has to like every other person Pac ever fucked with.
Why can't u just like who u like? Everyone is different, everyone enjoys different songs at different times.

I thought it was just common sense that alot of pac fans would like who pac ran with? Doesnt that shit make sense...if u like pac then ull prob like most of the people he ran with because they share a lot of the same characteristics. They are all so different, but there is that main ingredient that brings them all together.

The way i personally look at things is song by song. If i dont like the song, that doesnt mean i dont like the rapper, it just means i dont like he rapped on that particular beat.

Im sick of seeing so much hatred for the lawz. One of the worst groups of all time? uve got to be kidding me. Im not saying that i fucking love the lawz but they have some good verses and some good songs. Listen to the new dead prez/outlawz mixtape, better than every single song u hear on the radio, or shit i dont know, u find something to compare it with.

Preach

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
The way i personally look at things is song by song. If i dont like the song, that doesnt mean i dont like the rapper, it just means i dont like he rapped on that particular beat.
i do this too. aesop rock - nightlight is cool as hell to me.

HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Im sick of seeing so much hatred for the lawz. One of the worst groups of all time? uve got to be kidding me. Im not saying that i fucking love the lawz but they have some good verses and some good songs. Listen to the new dead prez/outlawz mixtape, better than every single song u hear on the radio, or shit i dont know, u find something to compare it with.
yeah, i'm not gonna agree with that.

linx

Staff member
HiGhTillDeaTH said:
Why can't u just like who u like? Everyone is different, everyone enjoys different songs at different times.

I thought it was just common sense that alot of pac fans would like who pac ran with? Doesnt that shit make sense...if u like pac then ull prob like most of the people he ran with because they share a lot of the same characteristics. They are all so different, but there is that main ingredient that brings them all together.

lol.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.