Now That Mobb Deeps Sold Out

Somebody said somthing about DMX being broke, he got mad money he doing movies. PLus mad albums.

People used to say prodigy was better than havoc back in the day, but I never understood that.
Havoc > Prodigy

Diddy7 said:
No apology necessary. It's all good man.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame Mobb Deep if they joined G-Unit to make money. Maybe it's too early to tell if they "sold out." I mean your right when you say that we don't know if they disliked G-Unit but joined them anyways to make dough. That would be shady. However, cash is cash whichever way you look at it.

The thing is that unlike every other artist who has been signed to G-Unit, Mobb Deep do not seem quite as excited. Every breakout song by a new G-Unit artist has them screaming G-UUNNITT like 50 times throughout the song to acknowledge they are G-Unit and they are extremely happy they are about to make dough.

On that new track by 50/Mobb Deep they never even once acknowledge G-Unit except for Havoc when he mentions 50. He says something like and I loosely quote "watch out before it pop off these bitches will try to make you pop and frame you, whatever the case fucking with 50 it make sense, he makes cents into dollars..." That is completly wrong but close enough. I think they know that joining G-Unit will make them seem pop but they dont care cause they want dough.......

What you think?

BTW Havoc >>> Prodigy
i think they joined g unit for the promotional push/and affiliation........... never seen the big hype about prodigy tho...... cant really get into their music apartfrom a few of their singles like quiet storm, getaway etc.

every1 on aftermath/shady/g unit has gone platinum.....no exceptions, they jus wanna share the success :thumb:

fuck mob deep. most of these old skool motherfuckers sold out as soon as they saw the money. like snoop now and snoop back in the doggystyle, murder was the case and cronic days. he was the bomb and every verse, no every line was dope. mob deep was also dope but also lost their style, like the outlawz. its like the rap game died when pac died. there was deffenittely better music when mutha fuckaz was shooting each other. back in those dayz nelly or 50 never would have stood a chance. everybody is making club bangers now and all of the beats are very much alike, very neptune or dre'ish. lyrics are all about bullshit. we need a new pac style rapper talkin bout true shit thats also got the skillz to rap and the lyrics of an icon like bob marley or 2pac.

Preach

roaches said:
Funny, I thought the $10 million advance from Jive in 2003 would've taken care of that urge.
yeah i was examplifying, and basically that goes for any artist, not just mobb deep. and i am supporting your point so shut up and nod :p

Why does everyone assume they will sell out? Sure 50 does do alot of "catchy" singles but for the most part they put out quality beats and albums that arn't full of "pop"

Why does everyone assume they will sell out? Sure 50 does do alot of "catchy" singles but for the most part they put out quality beats and albums that arn't full of "pop"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.