Now That Mobb Deeps Sold Out

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Mother fucker gimme, 10 MIL$, I'm buying myself a house along the Mediterranian sea and you ain't never gonna see my face no more.

10MIL is enough for ANYONE.

FlipMo said:
Mother fucker gimme, 10 MIL$, I'm buying myself a house along the Mediterranian sea and you ain't never gonna see my face no more.

10MIL is enough for ANYONE.
I agree that nobody's seeing me again lol, but if 10M was enough for anyone then a lot of dudes would've retired a long ass time ago.

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
maybe im completely out on this shit but how many motherfuckas have actually got 2 hav 10 million dollars from rapping ?

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation
i thought Prodigy's flow on that track was almost as great as it used to be back in the day. These dudes wana make money...its fair enough. I woulda done the same thing

EDouble said:
maybe im completely out on this shit but how many motherfuckas have actually got 2 hav 10 million dollars from rapping ?
I dunno, I wasn't just referring to rap though seeing as Flip-a-Ho mentioned "ANYONE" <<<in capitals just to piss us off. :D

That said, Eminem, 50, Snoop, Jay-Z, Nas (throughout his career probably).....umm, obviously dudes like Puffy & Master P made a ton but not just from their "rapping". Nelly's made 10M easy. People are always saying Tupac was broke so I dunno about him. I doubt Biggie made that much since he only dropped one album while he was alive. Scarface has been around moving units for a long ass time so just maybe - but probably not. DMX moved a lot of units but I don't know if he'd have got 10M.

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
I dunno, I wasn't just referring to rap though seeing as Flip-a-Ho mentioned "ANYONE" <<<in capitals just to piss us off. :D

That said, Eminem, 50, Snoop, Jay-Z, Nas (throughout his career probably).....umm, obviously dudes like Puffy & Master P made a ton but not just from their "rapping". Nelly's made 10M easy. People are always saying Tupac was broke so I dunno about him. I doubt Biggie made that much since he only dropped one album while he was alive. Scarface has been around moving units for a long ass time so just maybe - but probably not. DMX moved a lot of units but I don't know if he'd have got 10M.
Tupac broke??? That guy sold alot of records. It is said that Suge Knight screwed him out of around $20 mill.

So I guess we should get one thing clear. No more threads on people hating on artists cause they went "pop." It is obviously clear here that if an artist makes money they are allowed to make moves.

This is so funny cause next week another artists less popular and established than Mobb Deep will sign to some label or make a "pop" song and haters will rejoice.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
Man you kids is funny as fuck.

You havent even heard their new album and you're saying they sold out, just cause they signed to G Unit?

So what? 50 is pop so everyone on his label has to be pop?

Ermmm... Ok. You realise Sony Columbia was a pop label, did that make Nas a sell out for dropping Illmatic with them?

Kids. :rolleyes:

Rukas said:
Man you kids is funny as fuck.

You havent even heard their new album and you're saying they sold out, just cause they signed to G Unit?

So what? 50 is pop so everyone on his label has to be pop?

Ermmm... Ok. You realise Sony Columbia was a pop label, did that make Nas a sell out for dropping Illmatic with them?

Kids. :rolleyes:
Well the funny thing is people will talk shit about 50 until they realize they can be better off by jumping on the G-Unit bandwagon. Come on, did anyone ever see in their wildest dreams Mobb Deep joining G-Unit??

Also, what pisses me off is this double standard mentality most people exhibit. It's ok to do alot of other stuff in the industry considered "shady" to make money but you can't put out a "pop" song that appeals to the masses cause you'll sell more records. Talk about hipocracy. Whatever it takes to make money man. Whatever it takes. You think 50 Cent gives a fuck if people call him "pop." Alot of people still suck Jay-Z's dick even though he went "pop."

C.R.Y.

Diddy7 said:
What do you guys think of the new G-Unit/Mobb Deep song? I forget what it's called. How do you guys feel about Mobb Deep now?

All that tough talk how they are street and then they sell out. I'm telling you it's all talk man. Anyone talking shit would jump on a deal if G-Unit offered it man.

It all comes down to one thing in the industry. MONEY. If you don't believe that or say other you are lost. Like Tupac said.

Anyone will go pop for dough.

if anything youre the sellout. they mightve be with g-unit, but that doesnt mean they are automatically pop. youre the sellout cause youre giving up faith on them. they need to make money somehow. as long as their music dont change, it doesnt matter who theyre with.

ARon

Compare Mobb Deep when they made The Infamous to the Mobb Deep when they made Infamy, tell me what you think about their intentions? Sellout, dudes been tryin to make money before G-Unit, now their chances are greater, no big deal, LISTEN TO THE MUSIC, fuck who is hard and what they talk about, or do you HARD street fans "duck when you hear the gunshot in a song."

Diddy7 said:
Well the funny thing is people will talk shit about 50 until they realize they can be better off by jumping on the G-Unit bandwagon. Come on, did anyone ever see in their wildest dreams Mobb Deep joining G-Unit??

Also, what pisses me off is this double standard mentality most people exhibit. It's ok to do alot of other stuff in the industry considered "shady" to make money but you can't put out a "pop" song that appeals to the masses cause you'll sell more records. Talk about hipocracy. Whatever it takes to make money man. Whatever it takes. You think 50 Cent gives a fuck if people call him "pop." Alot of people still suck Jay-Z's dick even though he went "pop."
just saw ur nick and i aint gonna say nothin 2 ya lol. :eek:

sniper said:
just saw ur nick and i aint gonna say nothin 2 ya lol. :eek:
Saw my nick? Go back to the playgrounds. Sniper, whats that? You like to handle beef by keeping a safe distance and shooting people in the back instead? :confused:

I'm just going to wait for the next thread that pops up. OH This dude signed with this label! Oh shit this guy put out this records. He's pop! Hypocracy at its best.

no its not hypocrisy (if ur gonna use it spell it right) because they judge off the music. ur judgin off actions, theres a difference ill break it down 4 u.

selling out = makin a u turn of what u stand for, on the motivation of money or material things,
working with ppl who u never wanted to for money/props/respect/fame etc,

the 2nd one may be true but it cant be proven unless someone actually knows the people in question personally.

signing to a label does not determine if ur a sell out or not unless its done purely for money.

pls stop ur embarassing urself. and btw there are snipers working for every army in the world,
while there is only one diddy lol.

sniper said:
no its not hypocrisy (if ur gonna use it spell it right) because they judge off the music. ur judgin off actions, theres a difference ill break it down 4 u.

selling out = makin a u turn of what u stand for, on the motivation of money or material things,
working with ppl who u never wanted to for money/props/respect/fame etc,

the 2nd one may be true but it cant be proven unless someone actually knows the people in question personally.

signing to a label does not determine if ur a sell out or not unless its done purely for money.

pls stop ur embarassing urself. and btw there are snipers working for every army in the world,
while there is only one diddy lol.
Listen, the second you squander your time correcting a trivial spelling mistake proves you have nothing of sigficance to say to me.

The definition of sellout you gave above is extremely shady and there is a thin ass line between the two versions of it you gave. As you said the second one may be true so why do you continue to blindy defend such an argument? Stop taking such a dogmatic stance on things man. It's so easy when you can make up your own definitions of shit to fit your mood.

I could care less if you think I'm embarassing myself. It's the Internet. Did you forget?

Also, what does your comment about there only being one Diddy (btw its captial since it's a noun) have to do with anything?

Correct my spelling mistakes cause I probably made some. I'm not really going to reply to any more of your posts cause I'm not here to start beef or anything. You can continue to try and defame me if you wish.

lmao im not here to defame you, if you feel im doing so i apologise.

but bottom line is this i cant stand the shit outta mobb deep, but with this move i dont believe it can be counted as selling out, if u feel otherwise .......

can u clearly explain pls ??

btw fuck it i wont correct your spelling, i apologise for that too.

sniper said:
lmao im not here to defame you, if you feel im doing so i apologise.

but bottom line is this i cant stand the shit outta mobb deep, but with this move i dont believe it can be counted as selling out, if u feel otherwise .......

can u clearly explain pls ??

btw fuck it i wont correct your spelling, i apologise for that too.
No apology necessary. It's all good man.

Honestly, I wouldn't blame Mobb Deep if they joined G-Unit to make money. Maybe it's too early to tell if they "sold out." I mean your right when you say that we don't know if they disliked G-Unit but joined them anyways to make dough. That would be shady. However, cash is cash whichever way you look at it.

The thing is that unlike every other artist who has been signed to G-Unit, Mobb Deep do not seem quite as excited. Every breakout song by a new G-Unit artist has them screaming G-UUNNITT like 50 times throughout the song to acknowledge they are G-Unit and they are extremely happy they are about to make dough.

On that new track by 50/Mobb Deep they never even once acknowledge G-Unit except for Havoc when he mentions 50. He says something like and I loosely quote "watch out before it pop off these bitches will try to make you pop and frame you, whatever the case fucking with 50 it make sense, he makes cents into dollars..." That is completly wrong but close enough. I think they know that joining G-Unit will make them seem pop but they dont care cause they want dough.......

What you think?

BTW Havoc >>> Prodigy

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.