New York Post Cartoon Re: Hip Hop

Pittsey said:
I believe it is about white people imitating black culture / music.
Sorry Pittsey but I really don't see how you could have come to that conclusion. The picture was a satirical reference to the ongoing 50/Game beef and how even today black artists standing has hardly changed at all (i.e. they are still figures of amusement through their own actions). This involves white people how?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Zero Cool said:
Sorry Pittsey but I really don't see how you could have come to that conclusion. The picture was a satirical reference to the ongoing 50/Game beef and how even today black artists standing has hardly changed at all (i.e. they are still figures of amusement through their own actions). This involves white people how?

The people in both pics were white imitating black culture. Has the pic changed? Cos I don't see how we can relate 50 or Game to the pic?

^^^Read what I have already said to accompany Game and 50 into the picture.

But if the pic is about whites imitating Blacks then what did the artist mean by "progress"???

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Saroya said:
^^^Read what I have already said to accompany Game and 50 into the picture.

But if the pic is about whites imitating Blacks then what did the artist mean by "progress"???

He meant it ironically. There is no progress.

Pittsey said:
He meant it ironically. There is no progress.
If this cartoon came out at any other time I would have agreed. But the timing, with all the coinisidences(sp), says other wise. This is Mos Def about negative black steriotypes to white people and black entertainment representatives helping none.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.