New York Post Cartoon Re: Hip Hop

Casey

Staff member
LOL.

I think theyre just pointing out that fact that white people are always gonna try and make black music.

Chronic

Militant said:
LOL.

I think theyre just pointing out that fact that white people are always gonna try and make black music.
No not at all. The coon-type drawing should've hinted you in the direction (or didn't you see anything wrong with the way the black people are depicted in the first pic, mr. Racist? :D).
Both pictures show black people performing for white people.

Militant said:
LOL.

nope, they were pointin out that white ppl applaud black negativity. :thumb:

Militant said:
LOL.

Actually it's pointing, that as in 1870, the actions of black musicians are provoking white people's amusement rather than their respect.

Its showin that Blacks have barely progressed, they are still performing for whites and the fact that they are holding guns, shows that violent rap is entertainment for whites. But a real issue for blacks.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
The people in the first pic are white not black!!

Ever heard of the Black and White minstrels ???

It's white people acting black and making black music.

lol at all these deep meanings you people have given it.

Chronic said:
No not at all. The coon-type drawing should've hinted you in the direction (or didn't you see anything wrong with the way the black people are depicted in the first pic, mr. Racist? :D).
Both pictures show black people performing for white people.
Chronic is right. I took it the same way he did.

That's some racist, fucked up shit.

the comic is representative of how blacks used to perform for white America in the 1870s, they were entertainers and lived for the amusement of the white man,.

2005,. things still haven't changed. And people have been blinded so that they cannot see it.

this is the opinion of the comic drawer/writer

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
Chronic is right. I took it the same way he did.

That's some racist, fucked up shit.

shuba said:
the comic is representative of how blacks used to perform for white America in the 1870s, they were entertainers and lived for the amusement of the white man,.

2005,. things still haven't changed. And people have been blinded so that they cannot see it.

this is the opinion of the comic drawer/writer

Except the people in the pictures are white not black.

Pittsey said:
Except the people in the pictures are white not black.
The first cartoon is of black people on stage. I am usually agreeing with you Pittsey but, c'mon dogg...their faces are completely black in the first cartoon.

And you don't know WHAT race really the second is because both "faces" are "shadowed", one by a hat and one by a hooded shirt.

All I know is the obvious statement I took from it and despite what anyone else says...I see this as some racist shit.

Chronic

Pittsey said:
http://www.sterlingtimes.org/memorable_images29.htm

The history of the black and White minstrels ^^^
Actually I think Pittsey (and Militant) might be right. I thought the first picture using coon-like drawings but it does look like white guys with their faces painted.

jason_g_718 said:
The first cartoon is of black people on stage. I am usually agreeing with you Pittsey but, c'mon dogg...their faces are completely black in the first cartoon.
The first picture doesn't just simply show black people though, either the artist drew them as coons or it's, like Pittsey said, white people with make-up.

Casey

Staff member
Thanx Chronic. I made my post becus I thought it was obvious that they were minstrels. Guess not everyone saw it like that.

Read the word above the post. It reads "Progress." This is a racist cartoon. The message being displayed in the past black people were entertaining the white people as clowns or whatever they are and then 30 years later its the same thing except with gangsta rappers. Get it? They are emphasizing progress, or in this case lack of.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.