Name Your Favorite 'Storytelling' song.

Pittsey said:
I like the way this thread started as favourite story telling song... Then people started posting 50 tracks at a time.

I may as well add some albums then

MA - Disposable Arts
MA - Long Hot Summer

Long Hot Summer is one of my favorite albums. I miss Ace

A classic one for me is Dre and Snoop Dogg's Lil Ghetto Boy

Cooper

Mr Matt said:
This was a great post cuz many months later I still think about posting here whenever I hear a great story telling track.

Just now have to put down MF Doom's "Let me watch", quality track and the music seems to fit the lyrics so well, it reminds me of a great track from when hiphop was still good. Check it out.

And I'm still waiting for someone to explain why Immortal Tech's "Dance with the devil" is such a good track, everything about it sucks old man balls.
Why does it suck?

© said:
Why does it suck?
I explained why I thought it was so bad in my first post in this thread

Mr Matt said:
I'm really suprised that so many people voted for Immortal Tech's "Dance with the devil" as the "best story telling rap song", please explain your reason. The story is pretty good but the lyrics are total shit and sound like something a 14 year old wrote. I'm not impressed by simply rhyming the last syllable of every line for the whole song, there's no word-play, no flow and most the time he sounds like he's really hard stretched to talk the very basic lyrics over the music.
And I still stand by it. The only half decent thing about the track is that the story has a shock twist at the end, that's it. The actual lyrics are simple nursery-rhyme style words talked way offbeat and most of the time just the last syllable of two lines sound remotely similar.

Immortal Technique said:
His dreams about cars and ice, made him agree
A hardcore nigga is all he ever wanted to be
And so he met them friday night at a quarter to three
Such talent. He makes himself agree with himself?? And I love the "quater to three" part as he had a few more syllables to fill up the line with and that's the best he could come up with, I've heard drunk freestylers come off better than this pish.

To me it just sums up how shitty the competition is when so many people in here have ranted about how great this track is. But my posts have always been about wanting someone to explain to me what is so great about it, not that I believe it sucks. So someone tell me what is good about this track other than it has a shocking end to the story?

Pac - Brenda's Got a Baby
Pac- Teardropz n Closed Caskets
Outkast ft. Slick Rick - Da Art Of Storytellin pt. 1
Nas - Rewind
Worst Enemy - Tech N9ne

... damn this thread is old. Today I'd have to say:

Eyedea - Bottle Dreams

.. theres otherss but i cant think of any right now.. but if u like story telling check out the album

Jakki Tha Motamouth - God vs Satan

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.