Lloyd Banks "THE ROTTEN APPLE" thread. [including NEW songs downloads]

7 Syns

Lloyd Banks "THE ROTTEN APPLE" thread. [featuring interviews, songs & rumors]

News
----
Lloyd Banks new video HANDS UP will be premiering on July 20, 2006 at 8:30 p.m. eastern on B.E.T.'s Access Granted. His album will be released on September 19, 2006.

Here are the current spins for HANDS UP (WITHOUT a video!)

Lloyd Banks feat. 50 Cent
Hands Up
267 spins

These are spins on ALL U.S. Urban radio stations, including XM radio.

http://www.gunitworld.com/g-unitnews.htm

----

peace.

i dunno....im expecting another aftermath -overproduced, commercial sounding album.....i really cant get into that shit....

roaches

So, does anyone think Lloyd Banks qualifies as the kind of cat 7 Syns is ranting about in his other thread?

AmerikazMost

roaches said:
So, does anyone think Lloyd Banks qualifies as the kind of cat 7 Syns is ranting about in his other thread?
i was actually thinking that as i was looking at all the news he's been posting..

"I'm a tell you what Banks told me: 'Cuz, go 'head, switch the style up
If niggas hate, then let 'em hate and watch the money pile up'"

7 Syns

roaches said:
2,961 views, someone must agree with this thread lol.

peace.

the video is alrite, nuthin special

anyone care to list the entire g-unit camp now?

Banks
Yayo
Buck
Oliver
M.O.P
Murda Mase
Mobb Deep
Scrappy
Lil Eazy
Willy
R.L

is Guerilla Black and D-Rich on them?

7 Syns

Diaz said:
Nice recycling the Gd Up chorus melody, and wow, Lloyd Banks and singing don't mesh.
Neither do 90% of the industry and singing.

peace.

7 Syns said:
Neither do 90% of the industry and singing.

peace.
Well I thought 50 couldn't sing, but Lloyd. Wow. That just sounds terrible.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation

hhhmm...no 50cent in that video even though he was supposed to sing a verse

but damn that is such a weak street single...i hope it gets replaced with something stronger...banks needs to make a song similar to "westside story" or "whatup gangsta" if he wants to reach those numbers he is trying to get...i liked 'warrior' alot more....hope this album doesnt dissapoint

7 Syns

HAYZEY said:
CONFIRMED TRACKS:

1. Cake feat. 50 Cent
2. My House feat. 50 Cent
3. Addicted feat. Alicia Keys
4. Hands Up feat. 50 Cent
5. Playboy Part 2
6. Rotten Apple feat. Mobb Deep
7. You Know The Dea feat. Rakim
8. Help
9. Make You Move
10. New York, New York feat. Tony Yayo

ANNOUNCED TRACKS:

1. Death Wish

CONFIRMED GUEST ARTISTS:

1. G-Unit camp
2. Scarface
3. 8Ball
4. Rakim
5. Alicia Keys
6. Mobb Deep
7. Musiq

CONFIRMED PRODUCERS:

1. Eminem
2. Timberland
3. Havoc
4. Ron Browse
5. JR Rotem
6. Midi Mafia
==================================================
URBAN RADIO SPINS FOR THE DAYS OF: JULY 28 - AUGUST 3

CAKE URBAN RADIO SPINS:

#218, 37 urban spins :damn

MY HOUSE URBAN RADIO SPINS:
HANDS UP URBAN RADIO SPINS:

#35, 1826 urban spins

LAST UPDATED: FRIDAY AUGUST 4, 2006, AT 10:04 A.M.
==================================================
RELEASE DATE:

September 19, 2006
peace.

7 Syns

Got this in an email. Thought it deserved to be here.

----
LLOYD BANKS LIVE - ON YOUR PHONE!
Banks stopped by the Sprint Music Series to perform Live! See it exclusively on your sprint mobile phone, and buy live ringers and video cuts. Find it On your Phone: go to downloads > Ringers > and then the Music Series Folder Or, type in this URL on your Sprint mobile devise Browser: http://www.interscope.com/mobile/sms/sprint

For more details click here: http://www.sprintspecialoffers.com/musicseries/
----

Whatever.
peace.

7 Syns

Interview from ahh.com
[link: http://www.allhiphop.com/features/?ID=1490]
------

With visibility ever-important for record sales, Lloyd Banks knows there’s no better marketing machine than himself. With his sophomore release, Rotten Apple on track for a September 19 release, Banks wants to unveil some of his album to the very city that inspired it in. The stage is set for Friday’s concert at Hammerstein Ballroom to close out the third annual AllHipHop Week. (Tickets can be purchased at the door or Ticketmaster)!

Lloyd Banks breaks from his busy schedule to discuss touring, performing with his peers, and how he’s showing that G-Unit is also on their “New York S**t.” AllHipHop.com: So you’re back in New York?

Lloyd Banks: Yeah, I’m actually just back doing radio and a few TV things.

AllHipHop.com: It just happens to coincide with the AllHipHop Week and the concert at Hammerstein?

Lloyd Banks: Oh yeah, definitely, this week I’m getting a few things together. A lot of us stay in New York, so you never know who’s going to drop through there. I look forward to it. The whole AllHipHop Week… it’s bananas, man.

AllHipHop.com: One artist on there, Papoose, he’s kinda like you in a way – young, and expected by some to pull New York up. How do you feel about sharing the stage with someone like that? Are you going to give him some advice backstage?

Lloyd Banks: We cool. I’ve seen him a few times, when we did the BET Awards, and in the studio and things like that. So of course, I’m sure he’s been waiting for this for sometime, he didn’t start rapping yesterday. I’m sure he’s been waiting on this for a while. He’s going to be ready to put on a good show.

AllHipHop.com: Have you been any interesting places lately?

Lloyd Banks: Nah, I’ve been home, I’ve been recording, been working on my mixtape. The album is completed, but I’m working on mixtape material. I actually have a CD out right now with DJ Whoo Kid entitled “More Money in the Bank, Volume 4” and I’m actually putting another Volume 5 and that’ll be out in about a week. I’ve really been in the crib and recording. The last few stops on the tour were Taipei and Bangkok, and the last performance I did was in Bangkok.

AllHipHop.com: So what about your big project, The Rotten Apple. I wanted to ask, I don’t know of any artists who’ve used that title. Can you talk about the project and how it will be about the “rotten apple?”

Lloyd Banks: It’s just everybody in New York City… they know it’s called “The Big Apple.” I just wanted to show the people more than they can see, when they come from other cities, they see the big buildings, the bright city lights, the yellow cabs - I just want to take them to the boroughs to give them a better idea and understanding of where I come from. I grew up in Southside Jamaica, Queens, it’s not an easy upbringing, but it prepares you for life.

AllHipHop.com: What’s on the album as far as production?

Lloyd Banks: Well, as far as production goes, I got Eminem, I got two from him, I got two beats from Havoc from Mobb Deep, I got Timbaland on the project … I have Jeruz, Nick Speed out Detroit, Black Milk out of Detroit. It’s a lot of new producers also, you know, I’d rather make a big-time producer than a big-time producer make me, because they will make another excuse for why you sell the record. I kind of keep that to a minimum. I like to dictate my own pace, I like to go to all the cities. I don’t have an A&R, you know, so I pick my music out. I don’t want the people to know I produced the record before they read the credits. As far as features go, I got, of course everybody in the crew is there. 50 is there, Buck is there, Yayo is there, Mobb Deep is on the album, I got Scarface on the album … Musiq Soulchild and Rakim on the record.

So when does the Rotten Apple drop?

Lloyd Banks: It’s slated for September 19th.

Lloyd Banks: Actually, the promotion tour, I leave this Sunday. I’ll be gone from this weekend until the actual album is released. Buck is going to be on promo tour with me because he has an album coming in the near future also, entitled Buck the World. I love to perform, so even though it’s a promotional tour, I’ll stop in the clubs and lay it down. Look out for a full-fledged tour, I did over 170 shows as a solo artist on my first album. They can expect me to get out there and every city can expect to see me at least two times - ‘cause I’m not going home.
----

peace.

7 Syns

LLOYD BANKS INTERVIEW

By Charlie Craine, contributing editor

Rotten Apple is the 2006 album by G-Unit rapper Lloyd Banks. It will be Banks' sophomore album, which is scheduled to be released September 19. The title of the album is a play on the New York City nickname, "The Big Apple."

The album is scheduled to feature guest appearances from 50 Cent, Tony Yayo, Young Buck, Alicia Keys, Rakim, Scarface, Mobb Deep, and 8 Ball of 8 Ball and MJG. Tentative track production will come from Sha Money XL, Timbaland, Eminem, Havoc, and Chad Beats.

UGO: Is the album done?

Lloyd Banks: It's completed, but I never stop recording until the deadline. You never know what could come up in the last couple days you record. That is how "On Fire" came up — the last week before the deadline.

UGO: If something comes up is that just the topping on the cake?

Lloyd Banks: You never want to close out the opportunity. That is why they give you a deadline. I've been recording for a long time now and I have a lot of records recorded and I don't want to lose one. I never close the doors until I have to.

UGO: With all the tracks, how do you bump one?

Lloyd Banks: That happens, too. If I felt that the record is hotter, I'll substitute. That is exactly what happens. Sometimes, you've been listening to a record so long that you start to feel a new record more than an old one.

UGO: Do you listen to it a lot to get a feel for it or lay the tracks—

Lloyd Banks: --I'm a perfectionist. I listen to them over and over again to make sure they sound the same way after the twentieth time. I've developed an ear of what a good record is. I don't dwell on a hit. When you have one, your blood rushes and when you bump one of those, you know it.

UGO: Talk about being a perfectionist, I don't think a lot of people who aren't fans of hip-hop think of a hip-hop artists as hard workers.

Lloyd Banks: Everyone thinks it's not hard. It's a grind. I stay in the studio. I don't just sit back. I don't want a good project. I want a great project. I miss a lot of special events but, if you do great work and put time into it, it'll show. The aftermath is your success.

UGO: Does it ever happen that you record something after the deadline and drive yourself crazy because it's really hot?

Lloyd Banks: Yeah, that happens sometimes. Not only that - that is why I keep every recording because you never know what might happen. You might not be able to clear a sample, or the date changes and it can go on. Situations can happen. With "I'm So Fly," that was my second single and I couldn't clear the sample and I sent it to Timbaland, and he worked magic and came up with the way the beat sounds today.

UGO: Do you feel like you are getting better?

Lloyd Banks: I absolutely do. I feel like I'm getting better as far as my lyrical capabilities. It takes a while before you know who you are. The comfort zone that Jay-Z is at to know what he can do creatively - that brings character. The longer you are in the studio, the more comfortable you become. At one point, I wasn't comfortable doing all the choruses. It wasn't because I didn't know how to — I was stuck to a formula. We didn't have to because 50 was such a hook monster that he would come up with a hook before you finished your verse. Nowadays, my passion is going to different levels in hip-hop and the next place for me is producing and doing beats. That is the ultimate way to conquer who you are. I feel like artists like Eminem and Dr. Dre have an advantage being able to create their own sound. I have to wait for the sound to come to me.

UGO: Does it make you hungrier seeing 50 Cent's success and the fact that when someone says your name or G-Unit's, that 50's name comes first?

Lloyd Banks: I think, at first, the initial hunger was to be respected as a solo artist, but that was something that 50 told me to gun for. In the beginning, I was comfortable being a part of the crew. We were all individuals, but together. 50 told us that there was too much talent not to have solo careers. I felt like my first album was a success, it sold two million records, but 50 sold eleven million. I want bigger numbers and bigger albums.

UGO: With N.W.A., it was Ice Cube who had the most success in the beginning when he left the group but, at the end of the game it was Dr. Dre who had the most success.

Lloyd Banks: Exactly. Music is like a tornado — it can go somewhere and then somewhere else. Everybody's legacy is different. Some of the legends started with a gold record. That just keeps your hunger alive when there are more steps to take.

UGO: I read that Big Daddy Kane and Slick Rick were your idols.

Lloyd Banks: You know what was great? Back in the day, hip-hop was unified because everyone was in the come-up. That is why the down south movement is coming up so big, because they are doing it collectively. When something new starts, everyone is together, but when things start happening individually people don't need anyone anymore. That was how it was early in the day in New York City. Now it isn't like that anymore.

UGO: I think fans would love hip-hop to be like it was back then when people would just show up at shows.

Lloyd Banks: I would too, but nowadays everybody is a star. Even back then, people knew how to play their part. You had Biz Markie. He didn't claim to be the best rapper — he was the best at his thing.

UGO: Who out there has something you wish you had, skill-wise?

Lloyd Banks: Certain people. When I said I looked up to Slick Rick and Big Daddy Kane, it's because I'm not an animated artist. I'm not the type to jump on a table or have a midget on a chain in my video. I see that and see they have character. When I see Busta, he has on a big muscle suit — those are the things I acknowledge and think it's cool. But I wouldn't do that as an artist. I recognize their talent. I'm sure they look at things I do and respect or anyone else in G-Unit. I look for personality.

---

peace.

Sarr

Wishes he was on probation

thanks

man looks like this albums gona flop like the yayo and mobb deep releases...hands up isnt getting many spins apparently. i think banks lost his buzz

You can listen to "Help" on allhiphop.com Pretty good production by Ron Browz. It's another song for the ladies though...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.