Lil' Wayne's on that shit again

Jeremy

lil weezy is one of the best rappers out right now. The carter 1 and 2 took the game over period. You might wanna take a listen.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Meyer Lansky said:
lil weezy is one of the best rappers out right now. The carter 1 and 2 took the game over period. You might wanna take a listen.
:thumb:

I used to hate Weezy...not 2 the extent yall idiots R takin it 2, but I thot he was jus another shitty bling bling rapper. Yeah he talks about the same ole shit really - but who doesnt? He got a good flow/swagger 2 him, pretty sicc lyricist - definately one of the best alive right now.

Get off the mans dick.

ive never really liked wayne. his personality who knows
the way he opens his verse on "Make It Work For Ya"

Ehhhhg! You can smell it through the wrapper
thats that shit nigga sit it in a pamper

-EDIT

shooter is fucking dope
lol

Advocate said:
ive never really liked wayne. his personality who knows
the way he opens his verse on "Make It Work For Ya"

Ehhhhg! You can smell it through the wrapper
thats that shit nigga sit it in a pamper

-EDIT

shooter is fucking dope
lol
i like that whole track even tho im not a big fan of either jeulz or wayne :horny:

I don't hate Lil' Wayne, but personally I feel that a lot of his "success" is owed to his production. I can listen to instrumentals of some of his songs (from both Carter albums) just as easily as I can to the real songs, without even caring. But it's hard to ignore the fact that this guy is a complete wannabe. First off, you got him throwing up the "W" (probably for "Wayne"), which was always known for "West Side" or "Watts" when he first got popular. Then he starts throwing up a sign virtually identical to the DPGC hand sign around the time he dropped 500 Degreez. Now he's rocking an M.O.B. tattoo across his chest? Mmmhmm... :rolleyes:

ARon

^Yeah I seen him wearin Jordans and Evisu jeans too. And he got a chain on, he didnt start that. Yo whats with the beater he be wearin in the fireman video , he think he 50 cent. With his hair actin like Busta Rhymes. I hear he got spinners on his cars too, shit he got a phantom too like everyone else. Blah blah blah, none of that matters, just press play.

^ Must you always disagree with everything I say? Haha, it's all good. My point wasn't that he's not the first to do something. It's not like he's copying someone's style, it's that he's taking West Coast gang culture and trying to put a spin on it. That is questionable. Using something identical to the DPGC hand sign and tattooing M.O.B. on your chest? That's not a fad that you can just follow. It's fucking gang culture, come on now. If some white rapper started wearing all red, claiming Blood, while he's really from a rich neighborhood and has never been near a ghetto hood (think of Malibu's Most Wanted), I'm sure that would make you question the guy.

TCD

I rate Wayne as a good lyricist but he seems to be one of the fakest rappers around. Dude be talking out of his ass in his raps...

ARon

You know how many different gang signs are out there, that fact that one he uses looks like another is stupid. It aint even funny how many people have M.O.B tatted on them. Things like this are just like, Ok. They mean nothing. I can't believe we just compared Wayne too Malibus most wanted, lol. haha wayne aint a wigger. I mean i'm just sayin, who cares what he wears does or any of that. Why do we have this fascination with rappers lives and shit, it is almost pathetic. It's not like we go around trying to be Picasso or Mozart you know, just take what rappers offer not who they are, take the music.

Aristotle said:
You know how many different gang signs are out there, that fact that one he uses looks like another is stupid. It aint even funny how many people have M.O.B tatted on them. Things like this are just like, Ok. They mean nothing. I can't believe we just compared Wayne too Malibus most wanted, lol. haha wayne aint a wigger. I mean i'm just sayin, who cares what he wears does or any of that. Why do we have this fascination with rappers lives and shit, it is almost pathetic. It's not like we go around trying to be Picasso or Mozart you know, just take what rappers offer not who they are, take the music.
Fair enough. I agree with you on the fact that a rapper's image or whatever shouldn't affect one's opinion of a rapper's lyrical skills, but I think it would be nice if rappers just stopped trying to front like they're something that they totally aren't (or at least can't prove) and just be about the music. I completely respect rappers who have the background to prove their "authenticity," but for rappers who can't, then that's cool too. It's the ones who try to conjure up street cred that get on my nerves. But I'll still bump their music.

Jeremy

Aristotle said:
^Yeah I seen him wearin Jordans and Evisu jeans too. And he got a chain on, he didnt start that. Yo whats with the beater he be wearin in the fireman video , he think he 50 cent. With his hair actin like Busta Rhymes. I hear he got spinners on his cars too, shit he got a phantom too like everyone else. Blah blah blah, none of that matters, just press play.
On MTV cribs he had stock rims on every single car he had. He said he just likes it basic.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.