Lil Wayne

god lee you got listen and look deep into what he is saying because he is saying some shit dog.
Dude...I understand you're all up on Wayne's cock...that's obvious because you've done nothing but dickride him in this thread like you claim I dickride Eminem. But dogg, face the fact that Wayne is not on some 2pac, Eminem, Ice Cube type shit. He ain't writing no songs like "Blasphemy" or "Sing For The Moment".

Lil wayne carter has jayz influence all over the carter.Im a rapper/hiphop head, i know what im talking about when it comes to that...
Lemme ask you a question...and this is a genuine question, I'm not trying to clown you, knock you or anything...so that said, what do you think makes you a hip hop head? Also, in regards to Jay Z, I have none of his albums and while I've heard probably about a good 10 songs from him over 3 or 4 years, I don't think that's enough for me to say I have a good grasp for Jay's music. I just have heard enough to know I don't like most of what he does.

im not trying to be cocky but i know this 4 a fact that not even a opion.If you listen closely you can tell he freestyling to top that of he is one of hot 97(big hiphop radio station in nyc) people's choice freestylers he went on the air live and dropped a freestyle.Listen to 10,000 bars of non stop lilwayne freestying over various beats 4 30 minutes str8.
Dogg, I didn't say he can't freestyle, I said I'm not going to believe just because you said so (with all due respect) that the entire Carter album is freestyles.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
jason_g_718 said:
Full of metaphors and word play that are rather average. Don't get it twisted Venomous, I said I like Tha Carter so far, I just don't think that it displays any lyrical superiority.

Dude...I understand. Jesus Christ. You act like because I don't see the superiority that you see that I don't understand his wordplay.

Regarding old mafia flicks...I'm a fucking mafia movie afficionodo. I love mafia films. I know what a tommy gun is, man. These are simple lyrics and wordplay, that's all there is to it. Which, I'm not knocking him for, but just don't call it more than what it is.

:rolleyes: Dude...you don't have to explain every line to me. I told you, I understand the metaphors...these are metaphors a 13 year old would understand. There is no superiority in them though.

*sigh* Dude...I GET IT. I don't think it's superior or even above average. Jesus. Why do people around here think that because you don't see the greatness in lyricism that they see you just don't understand the lyrics or wordplay?

I don't pay attention to specific flows dude (i.e. "west coast flow", "southern flow" etc.) I just listen to the rapper, if I like what I hear, I like it.

Don't forget in all this dude, I said I like Tha Carter.

Does Wayne come from a battle rap background? Because if he doesn't, he's not an emcee. Eminem is an emcee. Proof is an emcee, Rakim is an emcee, KRS-One is an emcee... Guys who don't battle and just straight up write rhymes are what I consider rappers.

You're outta your fucking mind.

Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, Cheers, D12 World shit all over Tha Carter. The albums I've heard from Shady/Aftermath that are on the level of Tha Carter are Straight Outta Cashville, Hunger For More, Encore (and even Encore I think is better than Tha Carter)

I haven't heard the majority of GRODT, havent heard Beg For Mercy
at all nor have I heard The Massacre at all.

Oh...The Documentary is better than Tha Carter too.

You're too anti-Shady/Aftermath, dogg...seriously. If you don't wanna like the shit they put out, that's fine, it's your opinion. But don't let it affect your fair judgement. I fucking despise Biggie but I acknowledge his legend and impact on the rap game.
battling is one of the arts of emceeing just like story telling is another art.Dog i like g-unit i like eminem so please tell me how im anti aftermath/shady when i critizie them along with giving them props.Im a critic. dog you went from saying
jason said:
I havent heard any wordplay yet
TO saying
Jason said:
full of wordplay that are rather average
THATS A BLATANT CONTRADICTION
but hey it is what it is.

I really cannot be bothered typing a long post, but that is straight bullshit. Game dosn't see Weezie lyrically, whether he is "dumbing down" his lyrics or not.
Rumor has it that a lot of Game's album was ghostwritten. If that's the case, than you're probably right. However, with that just being a rumor, under the impression that Game wrote his own lyrics on The Doc...I'd say that The Documentary, lyrically is equal to Tha Carter. With that said...Lil' Wayne has better flows than Game, but Game has better beats than wayne.

Ain't nothing on Tha Carter fucking with beats like How We Do, Love It Or Hate It, or We Ain't.

The only thing The Documentary has over The Carter is consistency in production.
Well, we agree there.

Mannie Fresh still did a hell of a job though, there were quite a few filler tracks which weren't needed though.
I agree, fresh did some damn good production on Tha Carter. Unfortunately, none of the beats fuck with MOST Shady/AFtermath beats.

Those lyrics you posted, IMO, they are all dope. Post up some of Young Buck's best lyrics, Weezie F Baby will carve them up on a bad day.
I didn't say the lyrics I posted were bad. I think they're average. But y'all are acting like Lil Wayne is some kinda rapping Shakespeare or some shit.

In regards to you asking me to post up what I think are Buck's best lyrics...what's the point? I said I think Wayne and Buck are pretty much even lyrically. In SOME cases I think Buck is better, but not overall.

battling is one of the arts of emceeing just like story telling is another art.
I agree...your point? You said Wayne is a "better emcee than Buck". I just asked if Wayne comes from a battling background because if he's not a battler, he's not an emcee...he's a rapper.

Dog i like g-unit i like eminem so please tell me how im anti aftermath/shady
Could have fooled me. I always see you dissin' them and telling me how I'm riding their dicks...you've always come off to me as a Shady/AFtermath hater. So, if you're not, I apologize.

when i critizie them along with giving them props.Im a critic. dog you went from sayingTO sayingTHATS A BLATANT CONTRADICTION
but hey it is what it is.
I just wasn't thinking straight...high on oxycontin right now...I apologize again.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
Dude...I understand you're all up on Wayne's cock...that's obvious because you've done nothing but dickride him in this thread like you claim I dickride Eminem. But dogg, face the fact that Wayne is not on some 2pac, Eminem, Ice Cube type shit. He ain't writing no songs like "Blasphemy" or "Sing For The Moment".

Lemme ask you a question...and this is a genuine question, I'm not trying to clown you, knock you or anything...so that said, what do you think makes you a hip hop head? Also, in regards to Jay Z, I have none of his albums and while I've heard probably about a good 10 songs from him over 3 or 4 years, I don't think that's enough for me to say I have a good grasp for Jay's music. I just have heard enough to know I don't like most of what he does.

Dogg, I didn't say he can't freestyle, I said I'm not going to believe just because you said so (with all due respect) that the entire Carter album is freestyles.
im far from dick riding, if anything im trying to put niggaz up on lil wayne. If anything im showing you or trying to show you how he is underated.simple and plain usally id throw a diss at you 4 dissing me, but its not even worth it.I tried to have a reasonable debate and u just had to revert to name calling.Then you wonder why i clown you.

and ima hiphop head because i eat, breathe, sleep shit hiphop.Ive been into this since i was 8 years old.Plus i know my shit.Remember i was the one who told you a em fan about his 1st album infinite that you had no idea about but whatever though

jason_g_718 said:
I agree...your point? You said Wayne is a "better emcee than Buck". I just asked if Wayne comes from a battling background because if he's not a battler, he's not an emcee...he's a rapper.
The fuck?
You dont need to be a battler to be an MC.

VENOMOUS said:
im far from dick riding if anything im trying to put niggaz up on lil wayne If anything im showing you or trying to show you how he is underated.simple and plain usally id throw a diss at you 4 dissing me but its not even worth it.I tried to have a reasonable debate and u just had to revert to name calling.Then you wonder why i clown you.
What the fuck? Where did I "diss" you? I never once dissed you in this entire thread, man. Where did I call you a name?

You straight out making shit up here. I guess you have no other support and are just pissed off because you're not "changing my mind" so you're going to resort to childish tactics like saying I called you names, when I didnt', or saying I dissed you when I didn't.

Or was all of that really just an attempt to try to get my focus off of you saying you're a hip hop head, which I notice you failed to explain what makes you a hip hop head.

Mase said:
The fuck?
You dont need to be a battler to be an MC.
Ask any battler and they'll tell you different.

An emcee is anyone who's first and foremost skill is battling or freestyling.

How do you think rap started? By people gathering around in circles and freestyling...they were called "emcee's".

VENOMOUS

im making shit up cause im pissed? you just disrespected by telling im on waynes cock.and lil wayne and he is a freestyler.He free styled a whole damn album.whatever jason your on some crazy shit.Lol im trying my hardest not to clown you.lol

jason_g_718 said:

How do you think rap started? By people gathering around in circles and freestyling...they were called "emcee's".
I said you dont have to battle to be an MC.. It dosn't matter what a battler thinks, it matters what the definiton of MC is, and you dont know that definition.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:

and rapp started out with the emcee who was" party rapping"bigging up the dj over samples battleing came a few years later to stop different crews from physicaly beefing with each other.Mc stands 4 microphone cordnaitor.In other words some one who is nice on the mic.that what a emcee is.There are different type of emcees battle rapper emcees,story telling emcees,abstract emcees,r and b rappers etc.....

and lil wayne is the text book definition of a emcee

Chronic said:
Not in the way you said.
Really? That's not what I've heard.

Lovely how you just write "not the way you said", but you don't bother to actually come with your own side. Good way to debate there. :thumb:

Mind elaborating?

I've seen emcee's like KRS-One, MC Shan and Busy Bee say that's how rap music started, so...who do you think I'm more apt to believe?

im making shit up cause im pissed? you just disrespected by telling im on waynes cock.
HAHA! You've gotta lot of fuckin' nerve. You're one of 4 people on this board who, every other fucking post you're telling me how I'm a "Shady/Eminem dickrider", yet I say you're riding someone's dick ONCE and you say I'm disrespectin' you? Get the fuck outta here.

and lil wayne and he is a freestyler.He free styled a whole damn album.whatever jason your on some crazy shit.Lol im trying my hardest not to clown you.lol
I NEVER said Wayne couldn't or doesn't freestyle. You said every song on Tha Carter is a freestyle. I said unless you provide some kind of proof, I'm not going to believe you just because you said so. If you can get one of the well honored and respected members of this board to support your case (i.e. Jon, Rukas, Pittsey, Chronic, Bank Robber, etc...) I'd be more apt to believe you.

I said you dont have to battle to be an MC..
No, you don't, you can be a freestyler too. A battler and a freestyler aren't even the same thing. Even though you are freestyling when your battling (usually anyway), you're not necessarily battling when you're freestyling.

It dosn't matter what a battler thinks, it matters what the definiton of MC is, and you dont know that definition.
Well, first of all, it does matter what a battler thinks. But anyway, here...

em·cee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms)
n.
A master of ceremonies.

v. em·ceed, em·cee·ing, em·cees
v. tr.
To serve as master of ceremonies of: emcee a variety show.

v. intr.
To act as master of ceremonies.

Compared to the definition of:

rap·per2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rpr)
n. Music
One who performs rap

rapper

n 1: someone who performs rap music

So if you want to get technical, an emcee is ANYONE who is the host of a party/ceremony type of event. So when Puffy holds his annual birthday parties, he's an emcee.

Me...I prefer to refer and do refer to the "battler/freestyling" definition of emcee.

VENOMOUS

chronic why dont u just school him.and im telling you jason that lil wayne is a emcee when you said he is just a raapper.dog there a difference between dick riding and promoting a emcee.i dont start a million and one threads on one artist i like.i just up old ones.And i have been on this board since 2001..although i have no rank on here ive been onheresschooling fool years.so whatever.im proud of myself i havent clowned you yet.and once and 4 all hiohop didnt start out as battling...it started out as party music.

and rapp started out with the emcee who was" party rapping"bigging up the dj over samples battleing came a few years later to stop different crews from physicaly beefing with each other.Mc stands 4 microphone cordnaitor.In other words some one who is nice on the mic.that what a emcee is.There are different type of emcees battle rapper emcees,story telling emcees,abstract emcees,r and b rappers etc.....

and lil wayne is the text book definition of a emcee[/QUOTE]

I agree with you on everything you said, except for "Lil Wayne is a text book definition emcee". I did say that rap started with people gathering in circles and freestyling, I didnt' say they were battling. But yeah, with that (the circle of freestyling) and with, like you said, what was back then called the "hype man" is how rapping started and then as you explained how that also created beef records.

Now...I'm not necessarily saying Wayne ISN'T an emcee, I'm saying that I don't know if he is. I guess I have to do some research on him to see what his background is and shit because nobody else other than you is supporting this statement. So, I'll do some research on Wayne.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
No, you don't, you can be a freestyler too. A battler and a freestyler aren't even the same thing. Even though you are freestyling when your battling (usually anyway), you're not necessarily battling when you're freestyling.

Well, first of all, it does matter what a battler thinks. But anyway, here...

em·cee ( P ) Pronunciation Key (ms)
n.
A master of ceremonies.

v. em·ceed, em·cee·ing, em·cees
v. tr.
To serve as master of ceremonies of: emcee a variety show.

v. intr.
To act as master of ceremonies.

Compared to the definition of:

rap·per2 ( P ) Pronunciation Key (rpr)
n. Music
One who performs rap

rapper

n 1: someone who performs rap music

So if you want to get technical, an emcee is ANYONE who is the host of a party/ceremony type of event. So when Puffy holds his annual birthday parties, he's an emcee.

Me...I prefer to refer and do refer to the "battler/freestyling" definition of emcee.
you just have no clue?? do you?omfg im outta of here i cant believe what ihave been reading from you.Your really acting like your on drugs.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.