Lil Wayne

My best friend bought me three new rap albums yesterday because my birthday is tomorrow.

One of the ones she bought me was Lil' Wayne's "Tha Carter". I must say, I was surprisingly impressed. Lil' Wayne is a lot better in his solo shoes than he was in his CMM/Juvenile days. The shit on 'Tha Carter' is pretty good. It ain't no 2pac, Eminem or even Proof, but he's about on par with Young Buck...who is one of my newest favorites.

Only thing is, Wayne actually has a little better of a flow than Buck.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
OMG LIL WAYNE AND BUCK IS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CATERGORy.
lil wayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eminem,proof and every damn body on aftermath,g-unit,and shady.

oh by the way everything off the carter is off the top of his head in other words its all freestyled

I cant stand lil wayne his voice is annoying. His songs and rhymes are so simple it makes 50 cent look like the walking dictionary. Young Buck is 1 million times better and he got a passion that he puts into his songs like 2pac.

VENOMOUS

llil wayne rhymes are simple?lmao ok....I dont see how you came up to that conclusion.Lil wayne is not the same lil wayne he was 5 years ago.@ me he is the best emcee at the moment other then saigon,papoose and bun b

OMG LIL WAYNE AND BUCK IS NOT EVEN IN THE SAME CATERGORy.
lil wayne>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>eminem,proof and every damn body on aftermath,g-unit,and shady
LMAO. I said Lil Wayne is "pretty good". Nowhere near the level of anyone you just mentioned though...excluding Young Buck. I like Wayne's flow better but I prefer Buck's lyrics.

oh by the way everything off the carter is off the top of his head in other words its all freestyled
For real? Prove it.

MAKaveli_10 said:
I cant stand lil wayne his voice is annoying. His songs and rhymes are so simple it makes 50 cent look like the walking dictionary. Young Buck is 1 million times better and he got a passion that he puts into his songs like 2pac.
I actually like Wayne's voice. Original, unique and I like his accent.

I agree that Buck is quite a bit better though.

I also agree that Wayne has somewhat simple lyrics, but dogg, just because he ain't on some Pac or Em shit doesn't mean you can't like it.

Tha Carter is some shit I would put in just to get the party jumpin.

When I want to dissect lyrics and shit, Ill listen to Pac, Em and Co.

jason_g_718 said:
I actually like Wayne's voice. Original, unique and I like his accent.

I agree that Buck is quite a bit better though.

I also agree that Wayne has somewhat simple lyrics, but dogg, just because he ain't on some Pac or Em shit doesn't mean you can't like it.

Tha Carter is some shit I would put in just to get the party jumpin.

When I want to dissect lyrics and shit, Ill listen to Pac, Em and Co.

Maybe that is my problem. I expect everyone to be as good as these guys. But young buck is better because of the passion he puts into his music.

VENOMOUS

ok jason go here www.youngmoneyent.com listen to the knuck if you buck then listen to the rest of the songs on there its lil waayne and his group young money but he has like 8 solo songs on there.its a double album. listen to it.........

and lil wayne freestyled his whole album he doesnt write rhymes anymore although he ghostwrites........ he even on hot 97 top 10 freestyle listener choice list.if imo buck is no where near his level lil waynes word play is off the charts just listen to the songs on the link

MAKaveli_10 said:
Maybe that is my problem. I expect everyone to be as good as these guys. But young buck is better because of the passion he puts into his music.
That's my opinion. Has been for a while. The absolute best time for rap music was approximately 88 to 96. Especially 91-96. That's when the rappers who were controlling the game were skilled as all hell, had some of the best beats lyrics songs and collaborations that will ever be remembered. Competition was a plenty and that was great for fans of hip hop because it spawned some of the best, most classic and legendary songs and albums. That time frame gave birth to:

NWA, Dr. Dre, 2pac, Ice Cube, Eazy E, D.O.C, Snoop Dogg, Warren G., Daz Dillinger solo, Kurupt solo, Tha Dogg Pound, Nate Dogg, Westside Connection, Da Brat (*shrugs* I always liked her, thought she was better than Lil Kim or Foxy), Salt N Pepa, TLC, Biggie, Jay Z, Nas, Bone Thugs N Harmony, MC Hammer, Lil Kim, Foxy Brown(dropped in 88 didn't he?), and many other rappers that are just failing my memory right now.

That time period brought us some of the most classic and remembered albums ever made. Off of the top of my head it brought us AT LEAST 5 of THEE MOST CLASSIC rap albums ever made.

Rap, in my opinion, started SLOWLY going downhill and was the result of the murders of Pac and Biggie. I saw Quincy Jones say about a year ago on some VH-1 special that he "wouldn't be surprised at the possibility" of the Government having Pac and Big killed to kill the "movement of rap music". I can't remember his exact words, but that's basically what he said. Quincy said that in his opinion the government viewed rap music as "the new form of the Panthers".

To support his statement he reminded everyone that Pac's family had been targeted by the government and local police since before he was born. The fact that his own mother was famous for being an "average house hold mom" who successfully defended herself in a court of law on enough accusations to put her in prison for life. His stepfather was accused of plotting to blow some shit up and rob some money trucks, but fled before he could stand trial and successfully ran from the law for like 5 or 6 years before being caught. His Aunt SUCCESSFULLy fled the country and is still in Cuba. The fact that many times NYPD and in some cases the FBI would knock on his moms door at 4am to search the place, they would follow a 6 year old 2pac to school every once in a while asking him questions like what his mom is up to.

Either way, back to the initial point, the game is now ruled MOSTLY by rappers who are easily marketed and have dumbed down lyrics with usually hot beats. It pains me so much to admit this, but...what I don't get is take 50 Cent. Dude has a good voice, He has shown on SOME occasions that he has the ability to rip the mic, but he doesn't do that 95% of the time. HOWEVER, somehow 50 Cent could sell a blind man a $350 pair of glasses.

ok jason go here www.youngmoneyent.com listen to the knuck if you buck then listen to the rest of the songs on there its lil waayne and his group young money but he has like 8 solo songs on there.its a double album. listen to it.........
OK, gotcha. Although, I can't listen to audio on the home PC, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, I can go to the library.

and lil wayne freestyled his whole album he doesnt write rhymes anymore although he ghostwrites........ he even on hot 97 top 10 freestyle listener choice list.if imo buck is no where near his level lil waynes word play is off the charts just listen to the songs on the link
I need something more than just your say so, no offense.

But if it's true (does anyone else know?) it makes the album a lot better. Also explains why the lyrics to what i've heard so far are kinda pretty damn simple.

jason_g_718 said:
OK, gotcha. Although, I can't listen to audio on the home PC, so I'll have to wait until tomorrow, I can go to the library.

I need something more than just your say so, no offense.

But if it's true (does anyone else know?) it makes the album a lot better. Also explains why the lyrics to what i've heard so far are kinda pretty damn simple.
Show me some of Weezie's "simple lyrics"..

VENOMOUS

its streaming audio also

and dont take my word 4 it but lil wayne freestyles off the top of his head..im not making it up.He even said it on 106 and park.he writes it in his head or it just comes str8 off the head.Thats why his flow and wordplay is simalar to jayz.But now he changed all that up from what ive been hearing on the free young money mixtape.

Plus what was the simple things you heard on the carter?I notice peeps on this board is talking about him more.

Mase said:
Show me some of Weezie's "simple lyrics"..
Gladly:

Murder one on one, the hottest nigga under the sun
I come from under the tummy, bustin a tommy
Or come from under your garments, yo chest and your arm hit
Pow, one to the head now you know he dead
Now you know I play it, like a pro in the game
Naw better yet a veteran a hall of fame
I got that medicine, I'm better than all the names
Ay its Cash Money Records man a lawless gang
Put some water on the track, Fresh for all his flame
Wear a helmet when you bang it man and guard yo brain
Cuz the flow is spasmatic what they call insane
That aint even a muthafuckin aim I get dough boy
And you already know that pimpin
18 how I'm livin young'n show that Bentley
Stunna my Pa so you know that's in me
Gotti my mentor so don't go there wit me

And I move like the Coupe thru traffic
Rush hour GT Bent' roof is absent
Ya bitch present wit the music blastin
And she keep askin how it shoot if its plastic
I tell her you see if ya boy run up, she said back and cut the Carter back
up, oh fa sho
Ay Big Mike they betta step they authority up
Before they step to a sergeant's son, I got army guns
You niggas never harmin young, fly wizzy my opponents done, I'm done talking
And I aint just begun, I been runnin my city like Diddy ya chump
I fly by ya in a foreign whip, on the throttle wit a model bony bitch
Pair of phony tits, her hair is long and shit, to her thong and shit
Well here we go so hold on to this, uh lets go

Aint no snitches ridin wit us
Ol mo the mouth niggaz could holla the front
Cant no loose slips get on my yacht
I leave player haters at the dock, watch
And your nigga help ya burn the block
As soon as you get hot nigga turn to cop
Ya settin up federal appointments now
Nigga all in court pointing out
Daddy not knowing what he doin his child
We gon mail him his finger when he get out, yea
Just to show him what we's about
Never let shit about G'z leave ya mouth, yea
You inside can't leave ya house
Two donut lovers to police ya house
I sneak past those brothers leak in ya house
And put the heat dead in yo mouth, so shut up

There's three verses from two songs. How many more full verses you need for proof?

and dont take my word 4 it but lil wayne freestyles off the top of his head..im not making it up
Well, I seriously have to give you credit here for saying "don't take my word for it". Usually when people are asked why you should believe them just cuz they say so they either A. tell you why they're in possession of such elite and superior knowledge of rap music or B. curse you out and tell you what a "punk bitch" you are just because you don't buy anything, from anyone.

Seriously, dogg... props on your humbleness.

He even said it on 106 and park.he writes it in his head or it just comes str8 off the head.
LOL, c'mon dogg. You believe something just because you heard someone say it? Eminem claimed that his racist song was recorded when he was like 16 or so. However, his opponents (Benzino, Dave Mays) Claim it was done when he was in his 20's.

P.S. I obviously am merely using this as an example that just because someone say something doesn't mean it's true. I do not support Benzino, The Source or Dave Mays.

Thats why his flow and wordplay is simalar to jayz.
First off, I've listened to 95% of Tha Carter since I got it. 40% of the album I've listened to 2 or 3 times. NONE of what I've heard from him sounds ANYTHING even remotely near what Jay sounds like.

I also haven't heard any "wordplay" from him yet. But, why do you say that his "flow and wordplay are similar to Jay Z" because "he freestyles all his songs"? I don't get that logic.

But now he changed all that up from what ive been hearing on the free young money mixtape.
I'll let you know what I think when I get to the library tomorrow.

Plus what was the simple things you heard on the carter?I notice peeps on this board is talking about him more.
Check my post of three of his verses.

I don't recall hearing anything the first listen or so of any lyrical greatness or any kind of wordplay. Perhaps you should provide some examples.

Chronic

Simple rhymes?

"Murder one on one, the hottest nigga under the sun
Or come from under your garments, yo chest and your arm hit"

Try lookin at the internal rhymes

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
Gladly:

Murder one on one, the hottest nigga under the sun
Or come from under your garments, yo chest and your arm hit
Pow, one to the head now you know he dead
Now you know I play it, like a pro in the game
Naw better yet a veteran a hall of fame
I got that medicine, I'm better than all the names
Ay its Cash Money Records man a lawless gang
Put some water on the track, Fresh for all his flame
Wear a helmet when you bang it man and guard yo brain
Cuz the flow is spasmatic what they call insane
That aint even a muthafuckin aim I get dough boy
And you already know that pimpin
18 how I'm livin young'n show that Bentley
Stunna my Pa so you know that's in me
Gotti my mentor so don't go there wit me

And I move like the Coupe thru traffic
Rush hour GT Bent' roof is absent
Ya bitch present wit the music blastin
And she keep askin how it shoot if its plastic
I tell her you see if ya boy run up, she said back and cut the Carter back
up, oh fa sho
Ay Big Mike they betta step they authority up
Before they step to a sergeant's son, I got army guns
You niggas never harmin young, fly wizzy my opponents done, I'm done talking
And I aint just begun, I been runnin my city like Diddy ya chump
I fly by ya in a foreign whip, on the throttle wit a model bony bitch
Pair of phony tits, her hair is long and shit, to her thong and shit
Well here we go so hold on to this, uh lets go
That verse is simple to you?that verse is full of metaphors and wordplay which is only magnfied by his flow......
4 example"comming from under a tommy busting a tommy gun"he playing with the word tommy and tummy if you ever watch how gansta used to do it in early gansta flicks you would understand.

"now you know i play it like a pro to the game better yet a veteran hall of fame" he now playing with his words again and spiting a hot metaphor comparing the rap game to sports"

"put some water on this track fresh 4 all these flames"playing with his words again while applying meataphors

"I got medicine better then all the name"In other words he is saying you dont need to go to a drug store come to him he got the best shit.he is playing with his words while aplying metaphors"

"rush hour gt bent red roof absent music blastin and your girl keep asking how it shoot if plastic i said youll if ya boy run up i she sat back and turn the carter back up."metaphors and wordplay once again he is talking about how dumb a bitch is cause she doesnt understand the concept of a plastic glock(a non metal glock)

"im running my city like diddy you chump"he talking about when diddy ran the nyc marathon but instaed of running it literaly he is saying he the one making big moves etc.....

if you post a young bucks verse to lil waynes verse youd see their 2 entirely different type of rappers.Buck has a more southern/west coast type flow as where in lil wayne has a southern/east coast flow.

wayne is more of emcee then buck and is on a whole other level way past buck

the carter is better then anything g-unit/shady records has put out.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
Well, I seriously have to give you credit here for saying "don't take my word for it". Usually when people are asked why you should believe them just cuz they say so they either A. tell you why they're in possession of such elite and superior knowledge of rap music or B. curse you out and tell you what a "punk bitch" you are just because you don't buy anything, from anyone.

Seriously, dogg... props on your humbleness.

LOL, c'mon dogg. You believe something just because you heard someone say it? Eminem claimed that his racist song was recorded when he was like 16 or so. However, his opponents (Benzino, Dave Mays) Claim it was done when he was in his 20's.

P.S. I obviously am merely using this as an example that just because someone say something doesn't mean it's true. I do not support Benzino, The Source or Dave Mays.

First off, I've listened to 95% of Tha Carter since I got it. 40% of the album I've listened to 2 or 3 times. NONE of what I've heard from him sounds ANYTHING even remotely near what Jay sounds like.

I also haven't heard any "wordplay" from him yet. But, why do you say that his "flow and wordplay are similar to Jay Z" because "he freestyles all his songs"? I don't get that logic.

I'll let you know what I think when I get to the library tomorrow.

Check my post of three of his verses.

I don't recall hearing anything the first listen or so of any lyrical greatness or any kind of wordplay. Perhaps you should provide some examples.
god lee you got listen and look deep into what he is saying because he is saying some shit dog.Lil wayne carter has jayz influence all over the carter.Im a rapper/hiphop head, i know what im talking about when it comes to that...im not trying to be cocky but i know this 4 a fact that not even a opion.If you listen closely you can tell he freestyling to top that of he is one of hot 97(big hiphop radio station in nyc) people's choice freestylers he went on the air live and dropped a freestyle.Listen to 10,000 bars of non stop lilwayne freestying over various beats 4 30 minutes str8.

Chronic said:
Simple rhymes?

"Murder one on one, the hottest nigga under the sun
Or come from under your garments, yo chest and your arm hit"

Try lookin at the internal rhymes
Compare those few bars to:

Babylon beware
It's coming from these Pharoahs kids
Retaliation, making legends off the shit we did
Still bullshitting
Niggas in Jerusalem waiting for signs
God promised, he's just taking his time (Ha Ha)
Living by the Nile while the water flows
I'm contemplating plots wondering which door to go

Or:

Have you ever experienced spirits in lyrics when you hear 'em
'til you scared to stare in into any mirrors when you near 'em?
Well if so, get ready for some shit yo
"Is this some kind of sick joke?" Shit no, motherfuckin schitzo
So disturbed, he just goes so berzerk he tiptoes
This verse was his urge to slit throats of just hoes
Just goes to shizzow you dizzon't, fizzuck with
so-someone this disturbed, sa-sippin on si-zzurp

Now...I ain't even saying who the 2 verses are from that I compared Wayne's sample from. If you already know who wrote each verse, that's cool, if you don't...there's no need to know.

Chronic, I've always respected you like a motherfucker, still do. But I just don't understand how you see any superiority in those Lil Wayne lyrics.

That verse is simple to you?that verse is full of metaphors and wordplay which is only magnfied by his flow......
Full of metaphors and word play that are rather average. Don't get it twisted Venomous, I said I like Tha Carter so far, I just don't think that it displays any lyrical superiority.

4 example"comming from under a tommy busting a tommy gun"he playing with the word tommy and tummy if you ever watch how gansta used to do it in early gansta flicks you would understand.
Dude...I understand. Jesus Christ. You act like because I don't see the superiority that you see that I don't understand his wordplay.

Regarding old mafia flicks...I'm a fucking mafia movie afficionodo. I love mafia films. I know what a tommy gun is, man. These are simple lyrics and wordplay, that's all there is to it. Which, I'm not knocking him for, but just don't call it more than what it is.

"now you know i play it like a pro to the game better yet a veteran hall of fame" he now playing with his words again and spiting a hot metaphor comparing the rap game to sports"
:rolleyes: Dude...you don't have to explain every line to me. I told you, I understand the metaphors...these are metaphors a 13 year old would understand. There is no superiority in them though.

"I got medicine better then all the name"In other words he is saying you dont need to go to a drug store come to him he got the best shit.he is playing with his words while aplying metaphors"
*sigh* Dude...I GET IT. I don't think it's superior or even above average. Jesus. Why do people around here think that because you don't see the greatness in lyricism that they see you just don't understand the lyrics or wordplay?

if you post a young bucks verse to lil waynes verse youd see their 2 entirely different type of rappers.Buck has a more southern/west coast type flow as where in lil wayne has a southern/east coast flow.
I don't pay attention to specific flows dude (i.e. "west coast flow", "southern flow" etc.) I just listen to the rapper, if I like what I hear, I like it.

Don't forget in all this dude, I said I like Tha Carter.

wayne is more of emcee then buck and is on a whole other level way past buck
Does Wayne come from a battle rap background? Because if he doesn't, he's not an emcee. Eminem is an emcee. Proof is an emcee, Rakim is an emcee, KRS-One is an emcee... Guys who don't battle and just straight up write rhymes are what I consider rappers.

the carter is better then anything g-unit/shady records has put out
You're outta your fucking mind.

Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show, Cheers, D12 World shit all over Tha Carter. The albums I've heard from Shady/Aftermath that are on the level of Tha Carter are Straight Outta Cashville, Hunger For More, Encore (and even Encore I think is better than Tha Carter)

I haven't heard the majority of GRODT, havent heard Beg For Mercy
at all nor have I heard The Massacre at all.

Oh...The Documentary is better than Tha Carter too.

You're too anti-Shady/Aftermath, dogg...seriously. If you don't wanna like the shit they put out, that's fine, it's your opinion. But don't let it affect your fair judgement. I fucking despise Biggie but I acknowledge his legend and impact on the rap game.

jason_g_718 said:
Oh...The Documentary is better than Tha Carter too.
I really cannot be bothered typing a long post, but that is straight bullshit. Game dosn't see Weezie lyrically, whether he is "dumbing down" his lyrics or not.
The only thing The Documentary has over The Carter is consistency in production. Mannie Fresh still did a hell of a job though, there were quite a few filler tracks which weren't needed though.
Those lyrics you posted, IMO, they are all dope. Post up some of Young Buck's best lyrics, Weezie F Baby will carve them up on a bad day.

The future

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.