kinda over hiphop in a way

ARon

^Yeah. Plus people who just listen to Hip-hop for example are missing out not only on other genres of good music, but many influences, samples, etc.

2Pax said:
I never said anything was wrong, just answer me this, when's the last time you saw an 85 year old person listening to hip-hop? No doubt there will be some that do, but a very minuscule number at that.
Offcourse you never saw an 85 year old thats listening to hiphop, they listen to the music from their generation, 65 year old music from when they were young. Just like your parents, I bet they still listen to the rolling stones, or queen, the beatles or elvis, something like that. And hiphop is our generation, so I think when you are 70 you are still listening to your classic hiphop records.

But I still agree with the topic starter, hiphop is getting raped by the commercial scene, if you talk to some1 about hiphop first thing the think of is 50 cent, black eyed peas and all that other bullshit hipPOP.
Thats why most ''real'' hiphop fans are losing their respect for hiphop in general and forget about how great it was, especialy because you played all your old records so much that you got tiered of them.

your favorite music genre (90s hiphop) is just over

2Pax said:
I never said anything was wrong, just answer me this, when's the last time you saw an 85 year old person listening to hip-hop? No doubt there will be some that do, but a very minuscule number at that.
Offcourse you never saw an 85 year old thats listening to hiphop, they listen to the music from their generation, 65 year old music from when they were young. Just like your parents, I bet they still listen to the rolling stones, or queen, the beatles or elvis, something like that. And hiphop is our generation, so I think when you are 70 you are still listening to your classic hiphop records.

But I still agree with the topic starter, hiphop is getting raped by the commercial scene, if you talk to some1 about hiphop first thing the think of is 50 cent, black eyed peas and all that other bullshit hipPOP.
Thats why most ''real'' hiphop fans are losing their respect for hiphop in general and forget about how great it was, especialy because you played all your old records so much that you got tiered of them.

your favorite music genre (90s hiphop) is just over

Jibster

Tay said:
Thats why most ''real'' hiphop fans are losing their respect for hiphop in general and forget about how great it was,

Repped for saving me having to post that. I think there needs to be a clearer distinction made between hip-hop and what is becoming it's own genre in commercial (aka bitches and ice) rap if hip-hop is not going to have it's reputation damaged.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.