kinda over hiphop in a way

Chronic

^^
And there is more to Hip-Hop than "gangsters and hoes and mother fockers" :rolleyes:
The problem is just that you don't know where to find it.

I listen to all types of music but I don't find rap inferior.

Scoobyffc

Big Flipp said:
Well the reason you do not see people 85 years old listening to hiphop is because the music was not around back then, they listen to the music of their time. You have to wait for the hiphop generation to get old in order for that to happen.

As for "out growing" the music, that just doesnt really make sense. I have outgrown many artist but you don't really outgrow your love for the music if you really have it. Just listen to new artist. I have for the most part stopped listening to rap or "gangsta rap" because I just am not into it anymore. These days when I am listening to hiphop it is usually more underground or intelligent guys. I'm just no longer into the whole gangsta thing, nothing against it.

:thumb: Word

Lets wait to see whats our generation will listen to, I guess it would have a lot of hip hop, and yes I know some old people who loves hip hop and they dont listen to "gangsta and ice" rap, but late 80´s and early 90's songs.

And Chronic is right, if you think youre fading out of it you dont really love it dont have a genuine interest, or you just listen to whats on TV and Radio, wich 99% sux...

i know that there is more but thats what most rappers today
rap about.. but sure there are allot of good story tellin rappers out there but 95% that whant to be mainstream all rap about the same shit no menning

Chronic

Patrik08 said:
i know that there is more
Yet you still say "dont gett hang up on hiphop there is some deep music out there thats not just about gangsters and hoes and mother fockers "

So which is it?

Patrik08 said:
thats what most rappers today rap about
Yeah a lot of rappers do but a lot of rappers also don't. Sounds to me like you only know mainstream rappers.

Patrik08 said:
but sure there are allot of good story tellin rappers out there but 95% that whant to be mainstream all rap about the same shit no menning
But there's meaning to the mainstream rock and other music? Yeah right...

hehe dude forget what i said
lets just say i love hiphop whit soul..

and ye ofcorse there is alot of corny music in all gens..

what i ment whit dont get hung up is i know allot of guys that lissen
to hiphop only lissen to hiphop its good to lissen to all kind of music and gett insperation from that..

and i am relly in to hiphop i gott something from every rapper that exist (not every one :D) i give every one a lissen but the latest shit i have heard is mostly shit

lets end it there

Chronic

Patrik08 said:
what i ment whit dont get hung up is i know allot of guys that lissen
to hiphop only lissen to hiphop its good to lissen to all kind of music and gett insperation from that..
Got it.
Now that I very much agree with ;)

Shot 21

"My interest in rap has nothing to do with my age. If you lose your interest in rap by growing up then it's because you had an immature attraction to it, simple as that."

Thanl you. That has got to be the best comment of this whole thread. Repped.

I will still be listening to Hip Hop at the age of 85. Maybe not whatever is around at the time because I bet it wall all be mainstream pop shit. But you can bet that you will still catch me bumping All Eyez On Me, Tha Don Killuminati etc when Im in a nursing home. I just wont be able to rap along to it because my teeth will fall out.

linx

Staff member
2Pax said:
Says who?

Ok, so if you reach the tender age of 85 you'll still be listening to hip hop?

You say you listen to 'quality' rap music, but you can't use this as a factor in stating whether you'll be listening to hip hop music forever because it's only your opinion. The music everyone listens to is 'quality' in thier eyes...else they wouldn't be listening to it.
Hell yes i'll still be listening to it at 85, i'm not even kidding. I'll never stop being a fan of hip hop music, I love it too much. I know there are times when I say it alot, but it's just how I am.

linx

Staff member
By the way, i've been to bars and ran into dudes that were like 35 and loved hip hop music. They told me about the concerts they would go to and shit. Slick Rick, Wu-Tang, Eric B & Rakim, Krs, Public Enemy and a shitload more. We talked about it the whole night one time.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
It's foolish to say that you won't listen to hip-hop at an older age, and it's sometimes foolish to say you will, as well. People change. Linx could be an exception. But, I can say that older people usually listen to the music of their generation, and hip-hop is the music of our generation. You know how like 50 year old people hear some old ass rock or jazz song and be like, "That was my song back then!"? Well, for us, that song will most likely be a hip-hop song.

ARon

I don't think I can grow out of Hip-Hop because I never had to grow into it. It has been around since day one pretty much.
Chronic pretty much got everything else that needs to be said. If you don't love it now and won't love it forever, you never loved it in the first place.

You should pick up the Fort Minor CD. Yeah, it's by Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, but when you listen to those beats, you'll realize it's more hip-hop than most of the garbage put out by most rappers today.

Casey

Staff member
DeeezNuuuts83 said:
You should pick up the Fort Minor CD. Yeah, it's by Mike Shinoda from Linkin Park, but when you listen to those beats, you'll realize it's more hip-hop than most of the garbage put out by most rappers today.
Truest comment in this thread. The Fort Minor CD is tight, original production and refreshing style.

I've been somewhat agreeing with the poster over the last year, I barely listen to hiphop at all at the moment, I'm really only listening to funk, metal, grunge and nu-metal right now, simply because IMO the majority of hiphop coming out in the last year has been garbage. Nothing new, it's all rehashed stuff thats been done before. But the Mike Shinoda CD rocks!

kingtim3 said:
Running a search on your posts in this forum, they're mostly about G-Unit, D-Block, Eminem, Outlawz members, and people linked to them.

yes i tend to post in those threads. mainly i like argueing with people in the threads and cause the forum is kinda boring these days. but no i dont listen to any of the artists you mentioned.

and its not about "rap sucks now days" cause im not really into the music that i loved a few years ago. theres music coming out now thats dope and as dope as shit in the early 90's but i guess im kinda drifting outa the lot.

Chronic said:
You probably never had a genuine interest in it.
nope i defintley had a geniune interest in it, i still like some of it but not as much as other shit i listen to that im into now.

even now when i listen to a dope artist, or a good track i can relate to, its good, but just doesnt do alot for me

7 Syns

You check for the wrong artists, try

Blueprint
Boom Rap Project
Blackalicious/ Gift of Gab
One.Be.Lo/ Binary Star
Atmosphere
Slug & Murs
MF Grimm
MF Doom
Copywrite
Graf
El-P
Cannibal Ox
Dagha
Aceyalone
Sage Francis
Slum Village
Planet Asia
Rasco

And much much more..

Here are some sites with interesting information regarding underground hip-hop..

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/

http://undergroundhip-hop.net/

http://www.freshsites.com/

http://www.onlinehiphop.com/index.html

http://www.dunation.com/

google for more.

peace.

your just expanding your horizions and taking interests in other genres is all, doesnt mean you were never a fan just means you have a higher interest in something else.

kinda like me i thought pac was the #1 rapper for me and hell he still is in my top 3 but i know a better rapper when i see it so i still give him props

anyways 85% of my music I listen to is rap and yea I'm going back to some other genres I used to listen, anyways could be cause your just fed up of the drama that comes with it or the competition or you find it repetitive, either way your entitled to your tastes and opinions so if its dying off then its dying off.

Maverick

Lok said:
What's wrong with listening to it at the age of 85? If you're going to listen to music at that age, then you migh as well keep listening to Hip Hop.
point is that people change... no matter what you try to do about it. when i was a lil jit i never thought i would grow out of my training wheels, or bike for that matter. same shit can apply here. not saying every young hip hop fan is going to stop listening soon, but by the time you are 85, there is going to be alot of changes in life. who knows what new kind of music you could be listening to, who knows what your additude is going to be then. i know its cool to say "yeah ill be kickin it at 96 years old in a wheelchair with spinners listenin to pac, smokin weed, blah blah", (an overblown example).... but when it comes down to it you really cant say that you'll be doin that just because its how you want yourself to be as of now. shit i used to hate the idea of weed, now i love it. same shit. although hip hop is a culture and a stong one at that. its all hard to say and im probably gonna run in circles but you guys should understand what im tryin to say.

pz.

7 Syns said:
You check for the wrong artists, try

Blueprint
Boom Rap Project
Blackalicious/ Gift of Gab
One.Be.Lo/ Binary Star
Atmosphere
Slug & Murs
MF Grimm
MF Doom
Copywrite
Graf
El-P
Cannibal Ox
Dagha
Aceyalone
Sage Francis
Slum Village
Planet Asia
Rasco

And much much more..

Here are some sites with interesting information regarding underground hip-hop..

http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/

http://undergroundhip-hop.net/

http://www.freshsites.com/

http://www.onlinehiphop.com/index.html

http://www.dunation.com/

google for more.

peace.

thanks but i listen to 2/3s of those artists, its just a overall change of musical interests im having. dont get me wrong i can still listen to hip hop and like it. id just rarther be listening to other genre's these days. it just does'nt do it for me musically as much as other shit does. i guess thats what im tryin to say

Chronic

Frank Grimes said:
thanks but i listen to 2/3s of those artists, its just a overall change of musical interests im having. dont get me wrong i can still listen to hip hop and like it. id just rarther be listening to other genre's these days. it just does'nt do it for me musically as much as other shit does. i guess thats what im tryin to say
So are you saying that you simply lost interest or that you think other genres are better than rap (not asking if you like them more)?

Cuz if you simply lost interest you shouldn't contribute it to rap but to yourself. And all the bullshit of the fans has nothing to do with the music.

It's cool that you listen to other music as well though. People who only listen to one genre are missing out on a lot.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.