kinda over hiphop in a way

i dunno, its like it just dont do much for me anymore, alot of cornyness around the genre, like even when i hear some good new hiphop track it kinda wear's of quick and theres alot of other music thats alot better.
i havnt bought a hiphop album for a while and even when i hear a good hiphop track its more like entertainment for 1 or 2 listens and dont do alot more than that for me.
and the forum scene seems to be alot of rubbish, like mainly about the controversy aspect of hip hop and about EXposing rappers and whos REal, who sold drug's who shot who. and people trying to hard to become "HIP HOP HEADS" about who knows more and listens to more. and like people check out all this music they prolly dont even like to have an opinion on it and rate it online. etc

anyway i dont know whats the point of this thread. if you want to add something go ahead

should check out the canadian hip hop scene they still keep to the tracks of hip hop. even with the westcoast scene with the chicano rappers are pretty kept to that realness of rap.

I know what your saying with it being corny and all that shit. But i just keep listing to the older stuff. remeber i could buy a cd which i wouldnt be dissapointed as there was alot of talent in rap than nowadays. Last few years ive just wondered off listing to Chicano and the Canadian rap scene..

heres a few links which have some decent shit..

http://hiphopcanada.com/_site/

http://www.hiphopca.com/

ChrisZimbo

Staff member
i think im growing out the genre too . Like you said even if its good rap song , ill give it a couple of listens , then to fuck with it

Running a search on your posts in this forum, they're mostly about G-Unit, D-Block, Eminem, Outlawz members, and people linked to them.

I can't believe that ANYONE would get over those guys and their interesting shenangians.

Chronic

2Pax said:
We'll all grow out of it eventually, some sooner than others.
Why? Because it's an immature genre? :rolleyes:

I won't grow out of it because I have a genuine interest in it and I listen to quality rap music.

2Pax

Chronic said:
Why? Because it's an immature genre? :rolleyes:
Says who?

Chronic said:
I won't grow out of it because I have a genuine interest in it and I listen to quality rap music.
Ok, so if you reach the tender age of 85 you'll still be listening to hip hop?

You say you listen to 'quality' rap music, but you can't use this as a factor in stating whether you'll be listening to hip hop music forever because it's only your opinion. The music everyone listens to is 'quality' in thier eyes...else they wouldn't be listening to it.

2Pax said:
We'll all grow out of it eventually, some sooner than others.
I think thats the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard....think you aren't going to like the genre in 20 years why are you listening to it now?? I mean....classic songs/albums in whatever genre, rock/pop/jazz/rap/jam always sound good....people just don't grow out of listening to good music....i hate all these hip hop is dead or hip hop is dying threads....yes there is a lot of crap...same can be said for any genre...you find the good artists..yes there are still good artists....go through their discography old/new whatever and enjoy....stop complaining about Diddy/Cash Money/Bow Wow....TURN THE RADIO/TV OFF! and listen to hip-hop you enjoy

Lok

2Pax said:
What's wrong with listening to it at the age of 85? If you're going to listen to music at that age, then you migh as well keep listening to Hip Hop.

2Pax

txbarrebaby said:
I think thats the most ridiculous statement I have ever heard....think you aren't going to like the genre in 20 years why are you listening to it now?? I mean....classic songs/albums in whatever genre, rock/pop/jazz/rap/jam always sound good....people just don't grow out of listening to good music....i hate all these hip hop is dead or hip hop is dying threads....yes there is a lot of crap...same can be said for any genre...you find the good artists..yes there are still good artists....go through their discography old/new whatever and enjoy....stop complaining about Diddy/Cash Money/Bow Wow....TURN THE RADIO/TV OFF! and listen to hip-hop you enjoy
I used to love hip-hop music, but my love for it has diminished. Regardless of whatever people's opinions are on the state of the rap game, these are irrelevant for why im growing out of hip hop. It just doesn't appeal to me as much as it did when I first started listening.

The majority of people that listen to Hip-Hop are in their teens and as you go up the age range you'll find less and less people who listen to it. Personally I know no-one over the age of 40+ that listens to hip-hop.

2Pax

Lok said:
What's wrong with listening to it at the age of 85? If you're going to listen to music at that age, then you migh as well keep listening to Hip Hop.
I never said anything was wrong, just answer me this, when's the last time you saw an 85 year old person listening to hip-hop? No doubt there will be some that do, but a very minuscule number at that.

PuffnScruff

i start to think the same way sometimes. but then i always end up discovering some new underground artist i have never heard of. i just started to get into the dude names asheru.

Big Flipp

Well the reason you do not see people 85 years old listening to hiphop is because the music was not around back then, they listen to the music of their time. You have to wait for the hiphop generation to get old in order for that to happen.

As for "out growing" the music, that just doesnt really make sense. I have outgrown many artist but you don't really outgrow your love for the music if you really have it. Just listen to new artist. I have for the most part stopped listening to rap or "gangsta rap" because I just am not into it anymore. These days when I am listening to hiphop it is usually more underground or intelligent guys. I'm just no longer into the whole gangsta thing, nothing against it.

Chronic

2Pax said:
I can't think of a reason why I wouldn't be.

What music would I be listening to at 85?

My interest in rap has nothing to do with my age. If you lose your interest in rap by growing up then it's because you had an immature attraction to it, simple as that.

"The majority of people that listen to Hip-Hop are in their teens and as you go up the age range you'll find less and less people who listen to it. Personally I know no-one over the age of 40+ that listens to hip-hop."

A lot of kids listen to rap as a form of rebellion and other bullshit. They listen to it for reasons other than the music itself. I listen to it because of the music, so 'growing up' isn't going to affect this in any way.

"Says who?"

If you're not saying it's an immature genre, what do you mean by this "We'll all grow out of it eventually, some sooner than others."?

Are you saying that rap is inferior to other music genres?

Chronic

Big Flipp said:
but you don't really outgrow your love for the music if you really have it.
Exactly.

If your interest in rap music fades because you got older then you never had a genuine interest in it to begin with.

Also, don't you think you not knowing any older people who listen to rap has something to do with your location?

I am relly getting tired of the new hiphop before it had a soul and menning..
But now its all about bitches and ice
but there are some good artist stil..
Talib Kweli,,immortal technique and there is more
but i am discovering that i like alot of other music gens
dont gett hang up on hiphop there is some deep music out there thats not just about gangsters and hoes and mother fockers

hope you can understand my spellin...

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.