Kanye West @ VMA's outburst

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
it's just that...

*kanye-esque silence*

I've done and said so many stupid things when I was drunk that...and when you're drunk....it feels so RIGHT to say it/do it. So I can't pass judgment. He's done it before..shit, I've been drunk before, and will be drunk again and do/say stupid shit again.

Da_Funk

^I can't help but loling @ comparing something you/we would do when drunk to what Kanye did.

We all know Kanye is an ego maniac pussy. Welcome to 4 years ago. Am i the only one who thinks it was totally staged?

yep. he was clearly intoxicated. sure, he doesn't know how to handle his alcohol but when ODB did it we all laughed and applauded.
Thats b/c when ODB did it, it was real. Thats why he was loved.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
Kanye didn't do anything major. That's like me storming the homecoming assembly in school and telling the girl she doesn't deserve to be homecoming queen. If drunk enough, I would probably do it.

Casey

Staff member
at the end of the day, kanye ruining this girl's speech is the best thing that could've happened to her career at this point in time. i guarantee her publicist/management have been popping champagne the last 24 hours, because the overwhelming pity/support and publicity she has recieved during the backlash from the incident will eventually translate in to an increase in sales. she's laughing.
You do realize she already had the biggest selling album of this year before this happened?

It's not like she was some fairly unknown underground artist and is gonna sell another few hundred thousand CD's because of this. She's sold damn near 4 million already. This didn't really do that much for her publicity and sales increase will be marginal at this point.

To say her publicist and management are popping champagne is pretty ridiculous and cynical and shows you have no idea how this industry works. People who work in this industry are not heartless. Her publicist and management will be more concerned for her wellbeing than anything else.

ARon

At least we all see what happens when Kanye starts sipping on that truth juice. i didnt even know who the girl was til now.

ARon

chyeahh is making sense. He's not saying what Kanye does is right. He is just saying Kanye, like Pac, didn't hide himself when cameras came around, he was himself.

Shadows

chyeahh is making sense. He's not saying what Kanye does is right. He is just saying Kanye, like Pac, didn't hide himself when cameras came around, he was himself.
thank you, this is what I was going to say. (besides the chuck noris joke that stred beat me too! lmao)

I totally agree with Aron.

They are equivalent in that aspect.

You do realize she already had the biggest selling album of this year before this happened?

It's not like she was some fairly unknown underground artist and is gonna sell another few hundred thousand CD's because of this. She's sold damn near 4 million already. This didn't really do that much for her publicity and sales increase will be marginal at this point.
well i meant increased sales in any future projects she would be working on, not necessarily the album she already has out.
and to be honest, i never heard of this girl before now. i'm sure others are the same.
nevertheless, any publicity is good publicity, and her publicity is most definitely not bad - pity and support plus people that never heard of her have now.

this incident made goddamn news bulletins all over australia for fucks sake. do you think it'd be the same if kanye didn't storm it and it was just her acceptance speech?

trust me, this has done wonders for her career, not that it was in a bad place to begin with.

and no, i don't have much first-hand experience with the industry, but i do know that publicists are paid to prevent bad publicity about their client and paid to promote good publicity. well they just got a pay rise without doing shit.

oh, and they may not be heartless. but they're closer to heartless than heartful. shit is all about money. i may be cynical, but to say otherwise is NAIVE as fuck my man.

i don't know why they're getting that panties in a twist. it's not like i dissed him (pac).

it's a no brainer to me. i don't see why it's such a ridiculous claim.

ARon

i don't know why they're getting that panties in a twist. it's not like i dissed him (pac).

it's a no brainer to me. i don't see why it's such a ridiculous claim.
It's not ridiculous. You just compared someone to Pac, expect backlash.

I can say Bert from Sesame Street had a better uni-brow than Pac and I'd probably get hated on, but hey it comes with the territory

ARon

Obama called Kanye West a "jackass" in regards to the incident. lawl
Yeah I chuckled when I read that this morning.

Go read this

Racist people are funny. Racist people are coming out in numbers now that we got Bama, and have someone like Kanye, the guy everyone loves to hate. Shit never gets old for me

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.