Jermaine Dupri: Interesting words here

I was watching BET last night because I happen to be flipping through channels and saw a video which had a very much poppy beat to it and realized it was Trick Daddy ft. Lil Kim. I stopped because I was trying to figure out when Trick Daddy went pop. Either way, after the video ended, they showed a quick snippet that lasted about 30 seconds of some guy asking Jermaine Dupri what he thought about the current state of hip hop, here's what he said:

"Right now there's nobody making a real impact. I mean, you got tons of rappers out there doing their thing, but not really making a stand or an impact. I think that comes from the fact that the last two rappers to really do that were 2pac and Biggie. I mean, everyone talks about those two in today's society and it's been like almost 10 years since they were killed. There's a problem in the industry when the only two guys still making a real impact have been dead for almost a decade, you know what I'm saying? There just hasn't been anyone to step up and take that role with a real message. I mean, someone can do it, hell, 2pac and Biggie did it, so I think right now we're dealing with a lot of bullshit in the industry until that next great figure comes who really brings it like those two did".

I just thought his answer was real interesting.

Why do people keep dwelling on this? It's a whole new era, enjoy the music for what it is. Do you ever hear rock fans moaning about how it hasn't been the same since The Beatles broke up?

aban said:
what impact did biggie do?
-He almost single-handedly brought the East Coast back to prominence.
-He is arguably the most naturally talented artist in the history of Hip Hop.
- He was the first rapper to ever sell over 10 million.

Do you require more?

^
True. Biggie wasn't as influential as 2Pac & it's also true that DMX has more meaningful things to say than Biggie BUT, Biggie did have, & continues to have, one of the biggest impacts the rap game has ever seen.

Not as big 2Pac, but way bigger than DMX.

i think its crazy how you were flipping through the channels saw a 30 second clip and was able to type out the whole jd quote word for word

never saw the video, dont care what jd says or who had what impact on hip

just wanted to say thats some memory man :thumb:

HellRazor05 said:
biggie didnt make half as much of an impact as pac. i dont wanna start another 40 page argument on this shit but im just sick of hearin "pac & biggie" in the same sentence. just cuz they were beefin and they both died around the same time doesnt mean their both great artists. pac was far more talented then biggie and pac actually went through the struggle, biggie just said he did. theres a difference. dmx had more meaningful shit to say then biggie did. no beef please. thats my opinion. 1

lol,its your opinion he was more talented, pac wrote songs down, biggie thought of them and rhymed them.

also dmx has more meaningful shit to say becuz hes a dark rapper, thats his style u pig fucking idiot, similar to how nas's style is storytelling and biggies and eminem style is more lyrical.

lol, biggie had a huge impact on hip hop, without him u wouldnt have like 70 percent of the rappers now, he brought the east back and helped make the biggest earning record lable, brought alot of originality in the game, ive seen alot of your post, u are a biggie hater, end of, and i bet u its becuz pac hates him, lol Hellrazor05, u need to change that shit to, Cocksucker69

I don't like how he includes Biggie with Tupac and implying that he had a "Message". Biggie had no message other then I used to slang crack now I make music I am rich.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
AnarchistFunk said:
i think its crazy how you were flipping through the channels saw a 30 second clip and was able to type out the whole jd quote word for word

Lol true, how did u memorize all of that?

CalcuoCuchicheo said:
^
True. Biggie wasn't as influential as 2Pac & it's also true that DMX has more meaningful things to say than Biggie BUT, Biggie did have, & continues to have, one of the biggest impacts the rap game has ever seen.

Not as big 2Pac, but way bigger than DMX.
The ONLY impact Biggie had on the rap game was his death, that's it.

And the fact that he will be forever linked with 2pac and even in death, Biggie's fame is riding on the coattails of Pac.

AnarchistFunk said:

Uhhh...don't know how that constitutes "some memory". It's not like the guy talked for 2 hours and I typed out everything he said.

If you cannot remember what someone said from a statement that lasted from a 30 second clip, maybe you should lay off the drugs.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.