Jay Z vs. Nas vs. Biggie vs. Ja Rule

So what if i thought you could have been a whack ass rapper i never said it because i dont know that as fact.To hate and clown on someone is two diffrent things.If i said you suck or you cant fucking rap when you can,would be hating.
Don't cry because I defended myself.

NAS RAKIM biggie and also jayz those are the most recognizable rappers from nyc
Dude, give me 10 10 year olds that know who the fuck Rakim is. We're not talking about who is a true and real pioneer here. We're talking about who has the most impact on NEW YORK, not hip hop heads or the rap game itself.

oh dont forget jada,fat joe,big pun,rza shit the whole fucking wutang clan,dmx,fabolous etc...........:rolleyes: arent those name thrown in the mix of rappers from n.y.c :rolleyes:
Like I said dude, THE TOP 4. The 4 guys I named are bigger than every person you named. Granted Rakim is more real and authentic than those four that I named, but we're not talking in that regard.

If we were talking about who had the most impact on the rap game or who was the most authentic or who did the most road paving, then Rakim would be at the top of the fucking list.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
LOL, true dat, true dat. God...that is so the truth. But in reality, you can't deny that these little kids, albeit not wisely, look up to Ja because they know him better. How many 10 year olds in NYC know Ja compared to Nas? How many you think? Then the question that comes into play is...despite what WE know about Ja, do you think he'd be a good role model for kids who DON'T KNOW his bad deeds.

True, true, I'll give you that. But one of the aspects I'm looking at this from is the kids who look up to which artists as well, which I see as a definite impact.

And true...Nas and Jay had a real good battle, I wouldn't even call that beef because to me, they were doing what they did in the true essence of hip hop. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were battling to see who was the best, not because they had real life problems and hatred for the other. Whereas Shady killed Murder Inc. flat.

You sure you're not saying that based off of hate for Ja? I mean, I despise Ja, but I admit he's one of the most loved rappers NYC has.
Nah i dont really hate on a rapper, theres rappers that i dislike, but to go all out hating, not really what i do, but like venomous said theres rappers like Dmx, Rakim, Wu Tang who deserve to be up there then Ja.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
Sun_Tzu said:
naw man i m answerin your question on who has done the most 4 new york and im sayin its B.I.G. Jay Z released more albums but that dont mean he did anything for New York
Its no way bggie has done more 4 nyc other then put the eastcoast on the map and became influential after his death.He only released one album when he was alive and didnt have a chance to grow to his full potential.
Jayz owna club.
has his own liquor,owns a team that is being bought back to new york brooklyn to be percise.
he sold a company to a company he is now running,which has made him the rapper with the most power right now
He was in one of the best battles in hiphop,he is one of the kings of new york.
He is running def jam.
Plus he also has amillion clones.
he has dished out hit after hits amd sold million world wide.
he has sold out madison square garden so many times its not funny.
not to mention he s fucking one of the badest bitches in the game.

get real jayz has had the biggest impact.then nas then big

ThUg $TyLe said:
Nah i dont really hate on a rapper, theres rappers that i dislike, but to go all out hating, not really what i do, but like venomous said theres rappers like Dmx, Rakim, Wu Tang who deserve to be up there then Ja.
For my response to this, read my words in post #21.

VENOMOUS said:
Its no way bggie has done more 4 nyc other then put the eastcoast on the map and became influential after his death.He only released one album when he was alive and didnt have a chance to grow to his full potential.
Jayz owna club.
has his own liquor,owns a team that is being bought back to new york brooklyn to be percise.
he sold a company to a company he is now running,which has made him the rapper with the most power right now
He was in one of the best battles in hiphop,he is one of the kings of new york.
He is running def jam.
Plus he also has amillion clones.
he has dished out hit after hits amd sold million world wide.
he has sold out madison square garden so many times its not funny.
not to mention he s fucking one of the badest bitches in the game.

get real jayz has had the biggest impact.then nas then big
Wow! Never EVER thought I'd type these following words, but...I agree with Venomous. The only thing I disagree with him on is him saying Jay Z is the most powerful rapper in the industry. I'm not sure about that. I'd say that Dre and Em give him a run for his money. Those two have a shitload of power as well, and they have also been doing business WITH Jay for a while.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
Don't cry because I defended myself.
Defending yourself because i typed lmfao at the end.

JASON said:
Dude, give me 10 10 year olds that know who the fuck Rakim is. We're not talking about who is a true and real pioneer here. We're talking about who has the most impact on NEW YORK, not hip hop heads or the rap game itself.
Dog no ten year old wouldnt know shit about hiphop.did you not say who has done the most 4 New York rap?so wouldnt that mean pioneerining/has had the most impact? :rolleyes:

JASON said:
Like I said dude, THE TOP 4. The 4 guys I named are bigger than every person you named. Granted Rakim is more real and authentic than those four that I named, but we're not talking in that regard.
If we were talking about who had the most impact on the rap game or who was the most authentic or who did the most road paving, then Rakim would be at the top of the fucking list.
OMG I JUSTT CANT BELIEVE YOU CONTRADICTED YOURSELF AGAIN.but whatever be stuborn and hard headed.

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
Wow! Never EVER thought I'd type these following words, but...I agree with Venomous. The only thing I disagree with him on is him saying Jay Z is the most powerful rapper in the industry. I'm not sure about that. I'd say that Dre and Em give him a run for his money. Those two have a shitload of power as well, and they have also been doing business WITH Jay for a while.
YOU MEAN JAYZ HAS BEEN GETTING PAID OFF THEM 4 A WHILE, While getting beats from eminem 4 free.Trust me jayz is the most powerfulest rapper out now.If anything he is giving em and them a run 4 there money.The only thing that got aftermath shady running(runnig good i might add) is its x-factor.Thats 50 cent a g-unit if they werent there they would need a new strategy.

Dog no ten year old wouldnt know shit about hiphop.
Why not? I have a cousin who'll be 13 in June and he's known stuff like who Grandmaster Flash is since he was like 8...because I taught him.

Age doesn't restrict knowledge, man. Just because you're 10 doesn't mean you can't know shit.

did you not say who has done the most 4 New York rap?so wouldnt that mean pioneerining/has had the most impact? :rolleyes:
Dude, you're not understanding me here. If an artist doesn't have much popularity outside of the afficinodos (if you don't know that word, look it up), how are they more impactful than the rappers who are a household name?

OMG I JUSTT CANT BELIEVE YOU CONTRADICTED YOURSELF AGAIN.but whatever be stuborn and hard headed.
Not at all, you just can't understand what I'm trying to tell you.

EDouble said:
aight this gotta be some kind of milestone in this motherfucka?
C'mon man, you post bullshit like this? And I've always respected you for being fair.

Here is the rest of the comment that you quoted:

Obviously I'm not saying that is his fault, but Biggie was only around nationally and on a large scale for like a nano-second before he was killed. Look at all the stuff and all the hits Jay Z has had and made since March of 1997.

Why you trying to make me out to be an asshole by taking my words out of context, man?

EDouble

Will suck off black men for a dime
jason_g_718 said:
I don't know if this is a general statement or directed at me, so if it's directed at me, let me know.
wtf man :confused:

how would it be directed at u or a General statement this is ur thread ...? and he talkin about.. wtf

EDouble said:
wtf man :confused:

how would it be directed at u or a General statement this is ur thread ...? and he talkin about.. wtf
C'mon dogg...what you acting like this for? You've always been so cool to me.

Last time I checked, I was asking for OPINIONS from people, and in addition to that, last time I checked just because you make a post in a thread doesn't mean you have to be talking to the thread starter.

EDouble

jason_g_718 said:
Explain.

To do what I've asked you to do, my reasoning behind saying Jay Z is because of the albums he's released, the numerous amounts of massive hits he has. He reps NY to the core just as much as Biggie did, only Jay's been around longer (not Biggie's fault, I know) and has had much longer of a career, which thus in my opinion enables him to have more of an impact on the city, the state, and definately the kids who look up to him as a role model. I mean, really, these kids look at Jay and think, "well, hell, he owns a basketball team, a shoe line, a clothing line, I can do that too".

Other than a few hits he had, how can kids look up to Biggie and say "I wanna be like that, I can do that"?
but i cant understand how u talkin bout them, include ja

u talkin about just the last decade of new york?

just cause hes enabled to have more of an impact dont mean he does

I mean, really, these kids look at Jay and think, "well, hell, he owns a basketball team, a shoe line, a clothing line, I can do that too". - lmao

EDouble

jason_g_718 said:
C'mon dogg...what you acting like this for? You've always been so cool to me.

Last time I checked, I was asking for OPINIONS from people, and in addition to that, last time I checked just because you make a post in a thread doesn't mean you have to be talking to the thread starter.
Lol i didnt understand what the hell u was sayin but i guess Thug did so all good....

though how could he have been directin it to you specificaly? he was talkin about the topic :confused:

EDouble

jason_g_718 said:
C'mon man, you post bullshit like this? And I've always respected you for being fair.

Here is the rest of the comment that you quoted:

Obviously I'm not saying that is his fault, but Biggie was only around nationally and on a large scale for like a nano-second before he was killed. Look at all the stuff and all the hits Jay Z has had and made since March of 1997.

Why you trying to make me out to be an asshole by taking my words out of context, man?
i read all of that shit, i was just quotin part of it. the 'what has he done since he's died' part lmao seein how ppl take shit now and how it comes off...i know what u said dont take the shit personal wasnt a serious post..:thumb:

but i cant understand how u talkin bout them, include ja
I can't understand why people don't get that. Has Ja not been one of the most prominent rap figures out of NY in the past 10 years?

u talkin about just the last decade of new york?
No...but I AM talking about the most well known. To me, in order to have an impact, you have to be known. Which is why I said earlier I didn't mention Rakim, because as far as general popularity, he is nowhere near the level of at least 3 of the names I gave. However, Rakim DEFINATELY is obviously an OG pioneer and has paved more roads than those four mentioned combined...it's just that he's not well known outside of the industry or hip hop heads.

just cause hes enabled to have more of an impact dont mean he does
True.

I mean, really, these kids look at Jay and think, "well, hell, he owns a basketball team, a shoe line, a clothing line, I can do that too". - lmao
You think they don't?

Man, think about it. When you were growing up, I'm sure you had an idol you looked up to? When you are a kid and look up to an idol, you normally want to do everything he/she does/did.

For me growing up, my idols were Hulk Hogan, Michael Jordan, Fresh Prince and Michael Jackson (< Don't forget you're talking the 80's here, when Jackson was the most popular artist on the planet).

EDouble said:
i read all of that shit, i was just quotin part of it. the 'what has he done since he's died' part lmao seein how ppl take shit now and how it comes off...i know what u said dont take the shit personal wasnt a serious post..:thumb:
I know you knew what I wrote after that, but what gets me is when you have fun like that, people like Hurts and Aban KEEP IT OUT of it's context, put it in a sig, and I look like an idiot when in fact that statement was taken out of context.

Or, you have people like Bank Robber who might not go back to see what was actually said and just go off what you posted. See what I mean?

We cool though. :thumb: :D

EDouble

to get back 2 this thread...readin this shit backwards lmao

jason_g_718 said:
Why not? I have a cousin who'll be 13 in June and he's known stuff like who Grandmaster Flash is since he was like 8...because I taught him.

Age doesn't restrict knowledge, man. Just because you're 10 doesn't mean you can't know shit.

Dude, you're not understanding me here. If an artist doesn't have much popularity outside of the afficinodos (if you don't know that word, look it up), how are they more impactful than the rappers who are a household name?
points is i think, these people were just as popular as jay z nas or whoever u put in this thread, BIG. and im not goin back to 70s talkin bout ...mid, late 80s even early 90s before Nas ever dropped. so i guess ur talkin about off the impact that is bein Felt today? dont these rappers always talk bout how big impact -- and -- had on shit, had on New york. so it would seem they would be at the top of the lists?

and of course theres kids 13 who know shit but just cause u run into kid who says he wants to grow up and be jay z doesnt mean Daamn this impact, the kids man... u even leave NAS out of this shit when all he did and had the shit 'I Can' while jay was rippin Tupac classics with beyonce knowles
and i dont even like them like u dont like nas, or ja but talk about bein fair and shit and go off Impact, by postin up 'he's sold more, been here longer,' and other shit. any joker can have a good span look at 50 u should have included him on the list man.. but again just seems like ur excludin and i cant figure ur main points on everythin

VENOMOUS

EDouble said:
to get back 2 this thread...readin this shit backwards lmao

points is i think, these people were just as popular as jay z nas or whoever u put in this thread, BIG. and im not goin back to 70s talkin bout ...mid, late 80s even early 90s before Nas ever dropped. so i guess ur talkin about off the impact that is bein Felt today? dont these rappers always talk bout how big impact -- and -- had on shit, had on New york. so it would seem they would be at the top of the lists?

and of course theres kids 13 who know shit but just cause u run into kid who says he wants to grow up and be jay z doesnt mean Daamn this impact, the kids man... u even leave NAS out of this shit when all he did and had the shit 'I Can' while jay was rippin Tupac classics with beyonce knowles
and i dont even like them like u dont like nas, or ja but talk about bein fair and shit and go off Impact, by postin up 'he's sold more, been here longer,' and other shit. any joker can have a good span look at 50 u should have included him on the list man.. but again just seems like ur excludin and i cant figure ur main points on everythin
a-fucking men thank you!!!!! now i know it wasnt only me.Thats why i aint even respond back,i knew somebody would do it 4 me

jason_g_718 said:
Explain.

To do what I've asked you to do, my reasoning behind saying Jay Z is because of the albums he's released, the numerous amounts of massive hits he has. He reps NY to the core just as much as Biggie did, only Jay's been around longer (not Biggie's fault, I know) and has had much longer of a career, which thus in my opinion enables him to have more of an impact on the city, the state, and definately the kids who look up to him as a role model. I mean, really, these kids look at Jay and think, "well, hell, he owns a basketball team, a shoe line, a clothing line, I can do that too".

Other than a few hits he had, how can kids look up to Biggie and say "I wanna be like that, I can do that"?

I dont understand how you can relate what a 10 year old thinks about a rapper to his influence on hip hop. In fact that's completely ridiculous! Does this mean that Nelly, Chingy etc have had the biggest impact on hip hop because they are very popular amongst teenage girls and little kids? What logic is this?

Ja Rule has had NO impact on NY hip hop WHATSOEVER, and how fucking dare you say he's had a larger impact than Nas. How fucking dare you man. In fact, it is the likes of Biggie, Nas and Jigga that have influenced HIM!

Man you amaze me sometimes - i should be laughing this stupidity off but it gets to me because you're speaking trash.

Illmatic revitalised New York hip hop and put New York back on the map, same with Ready To Die. They both took the spotlight AWAY from the west's g-funk era of Dre, Snoop etc. In terms of influence and impact on New York hip hop these 2 are HUGE, and if you're comparing Ja Rule's albums to these because more "10 yr olds like him" then you're fucking nuts.

Let's use your logic : Nelly has had a bigger impact and influence on hip hop than Rakim... sounds stupid, doesnt it?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.