Jay Z vs. Nas vs. Biggie vs. Ja Rule

Who do you think of these four guys has done the most for New York in hip hop?

I think the answer is definately Jay Z, but I just wonder what people in here think.

The reason I'm asking is because I just got into a huge debate with some friends because one of the guys producing my EP (due regionally in June) says it is Biggie and his co-producer says it's Nas.

VENOMOUS

On Probation: Please report any break in the guide
they have all done their share but id say biggie thn nas then jayz I dont see y jarules name is on the list.

good luck on your ep lmfaoooooooooo

they have all done their share but id say biggie thn nas then jayz I dont see y jarules name is on the list.
Is Ja not usually mentioned in the mix of hot NY rappers?

good luck on your ep lmfaoooooooooo
Perhaps you forgot about the post made by Dave D here about a month ago where he posted one of the tracks in consideration for my album, I got something like 20 some responses telling me how good the rhymes were.

Just cuz you hate someone you don't know doesn't mean they ain't got skill.

I've sold 348 copies of this same song locally as it is on sale at 3 record stores near my house. I've sold 348 copies in 2 months. For someone with a damn near broke budget and absolutely NO advertising, I'd say making $1218 off of a $300 investment isn't too shabby, especially when I'm averaging now about 10 sales a week and soon I'll have my shit up at Streethop.com, soon as I get my new cases and CD sleeves and mail them to Rukas.

VENOMOUS

how the fuck did i hate on you?cause i laughed at you.I said good luck mother fukka.You wanna right a whole fucking essay and shit.

So what if jarule is a new york rapper?according to your logic there should be more rappers on the list which there isnt.:rolleyes:

Sun_Tzu said:
Biggie most def, he basically revived the eastcoast or new york because the dominatin force at the time was the westoast.
True, but what has he done since he died? Released one album. Obviously I'm not saying that is his fault, but Biggie was only around nationally and on a large scale for like a nano-second before he was killed. Look at all the stuff and all the hits Jay Z has had and made since March of 1997.

My personal order of rank as far as their impacts are:
Jay Z
Biggie
Ja Rule
Nas

I'll probably get hated on like a bitch for putting Nas last, but, unfortunately I think Ja has done more for NY than Nas. Anyone who also knows my posts on here knows that I fucking despise Ja Rule, so I obviously am speaking from an unbiased perspective here.

VENOMOUS

how can you say that when damn near every rapper in the game has been ifluenced by nas in one way or the other from eminem to tupac to jayz to biggie.If anything nas should be at the top of the list and jarule shouldnt be on it

how the fuck did i hate on you?cause i laughed at you.I said good luck mother fukka.You wanna right a whole fucking essay and shit.
What the fuck????

So...you didn't hate on me? You weren't laughing at me? You don't think I'm "probably a wack rapper"?

So what if jarule is a new york rapper?according to your logic there should be more rappers on the list which there isnt.
Again...what the fuck? What the hell are you talking about? "According to your logic there should be more rappers on the list". Uh...what exactly is my logic? The only logic behind my statement is that Ja, Jay, Big and Nas are the 4 most popular and impactful artists out of New York and definately the 4 most recognizable.

Sun_Tzu said:
what has Jay Z done as in contributin? i m not talkin bout how many albums he has released.
Well a big part of my argument for Jay Z was dependant on the album aspect. Because quite frankly, as far as what the four have individually done as far as donating money and spending time with charities or what have you, I don't really know about that kind of info. I don't keep up usually on what a rapper donates to charity or that type of thing. The ONLY charitable donations I do know of is that Jay Z gave TASF like $50,000 a while ago.

tHuG $TyLe

Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
I don't know if this is a general statement or directed at me, so if it's directed at me, let me know.
Can be as both, Nas has influenced rappers, whereas Ja Rule is imitating rappers.

Nas has been involved in the probably one of the best battles, with Jay-Z and came out victorious, while Ja had a riduclus and boring beef with Shady/Aftermath.

Nas would probably be 2nd or 3rd in the list. Ja should not be in the debate.

Sun_Tzu said:
its gotta be B.I.G
Explain.

To do what I've asked you to do, my reasoning behind saying Jay Z is because of the albums he's released, the numerous amounts of massive hits he has. He reps NY to the core just as much as Biggie did, only Jay's been around longer (not Biggie's fault, I know) and has had much longer of a career, which thus in my opinion enables him to have more of an impact on the city, the state, and definately the kids who look up to him as a role model. I mean, really, these kids look at Jay and think, "well, hell, he owns a basketball team, a shoe line, a clothing line, I can do that too".

Other than a few hits he had, how can kids look up to Biggie and say "I wanna be like that, I can do that"?

VENOMOUS

jason_g_718 said:
What the fuck????

So...you didn't hate on me? You weren't laughing at me? You don't think I'm "probably a wack rapper"?[
So what if i thought you could have been a whack ass rapper i never said it because i dont know that as fact.To hate and clown on someone is two diffrent things.If i said you suck or you cant fucking rap when you can,would be hating.

JASON said:
Again...what the fuck? What the hell are you talking about? "According to your logic there should be more rappers on the list". Uh...what exactly is my logic? The only logic behind my statement is that Ja, Jay, Big and Nas are the 4 most popular and impactful artists out of New York and definately the 4 most recognizable.
NAS RAKIM biggie and also jayz those are the most recognizable rappers from nyc oh dont forget jada,fat joe,big pun,rza shit the whole fucking wutang clan,dmx,fabolous etc...........:rolleyes: arent those name thrown in the mix of rappers from n.y.c :rolleyes:

Biggie revived the eastcoast, he made 2 albums that were pretty fuckin good, he is looked upon as a legend in hip hop and he is near the level or at the level of 2pac. He made fat cock eyed people feel like they could be beautiful in a way. you know what i mean??

Can be as both, Nas has influenced rappers, whereas Ja Rule is imitating rappers.
LOL, true dat, true dat. God...that is so the truth. But in reality, you can't deny that these little kids, albeit not wisely, look up to Ja because they know him better. How many 10 year olds in NYC know Ja compared to Nas? How many you think? Then the question that comes into play is...despite what WE know about Ja, do you think he'd be a good role model for kids who DON'T KNOW his bad deeds.

Nas has been involved in the probably one of the best battles, with Jay-Z and came out victorious, while Ja had a riduclus and boring beef with Shady/Aftermath.
True, true, I'll give you that. But one of the aspects I'm looking at this from is the kids who look up to which artists as well, which I see as a definite impact.

And true...Nas and Jay had a real good battle, I wouldn't even call that beef because to me, they were doing what they did in the true essence of hip hop. Correct me if I'm wrong, but they were battling to see who was the best, not because they had real life problems and hatred for the other. Whereas Shady killed Murder Inc. flat.

Nas would probably be 2nd or 3rd in the list. Ja should not be in the debate.
You sure you're not saying that based off of hate for Ja? I mean, I despise Ja, but I admit he's one of the most loved rappers NYC has.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.