Jay Z Signs Nas To Def Jam

LAZARU$ said:
say word:thumb:

and I like Nas too.Just know what to expect from him(in terms of flipping), thats why he behind Pac and Jay-Z in my book his carrer just hasn't been consitent enough for me, while Pac/Jigga have always pretty much been there personas no matter what the content of there song you'd expect to hear them saying what they were I never expected NAs to talk bout "You owe me" or any of the other whack features he had on any song bewteen 97-2002. I mean for god's sakes he once said he wanted to do an LP with AZ a couple years back (like 2 years or so) and now AZ up in XXL asking Nas whats the damn hold up since us, as the fans, want this shit to pop off. Thats why Im hoping the Primo colab is the real thing.

GhettoStar said:
and I like Nas too.Just know what to expect from him(in terms of flipping), thats why he behind Pac and Jay-Z in my book his carrer just hasn't been consitent enough for me, while Pac/Jigga have always pretty much been there personas no matter what the content of there song you'd expect to hear them saying what they were I never expected NAs to talk bout "You owe me" or any of the other whack features he had on any song bewteen 97-2002. I mean for god's sakes he once said he wanted to do an LP with AZ a couple years back (like 2 years or so) and now AZ up in XXL asking Nas whats the damn hold up since us, as the fans, want this shit to pop off. Thats why Im hoping the Primo colab is the real thing.
and thats the damn truth.holla at ya boy

Did anyone see this?
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1521548/20060124/jay_z.jhtml?headlines=true

No one was really surprised this week when it was announced that Nas had signed to Def Jam (see "Nas Signs With Jay-Z, According To Report"). The two had been in talks for a while and performed two nights of shows in October. Hov said there probably will not be a Jay and Nas album, but he does expect to do at least a song with Nas.

"I'm guessing like September, fall, so we can do it right," Jay said of when he expects Nas' LP to drop. Nas has been recording material for months, but Hov thinks he'll start fresh with his new deal in place. "I didn't hear the stuff he did before, but I'm guessing it'll be a new slate."

Jay added that he hopes Nas will connect with some of the best producers in the game, such as Kanye West, DJ Premier, Just Blaze, Dr. Dre, Timbaland and Pharrell Williams, though he hasn't ruled out Nas teaming with some up-and-coming beatmakers. He said his former rival is in such a great headspace, he wouldn't be surprised if Nas made the best album of career.

"[I'm proud to have him on Def Jam] for so many different levels," he said. "One, he's been at the forefront of hip-hop since he's been out. [Illmatic] is arguably one of the best albums ever made. To have that down with the team, it's just a beautiful thing. Two, it says so much about the culture. It shows another way. [The media] always portrays us like we're ignorant. It shows another ending. I think it's bigger for the culture."

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.