Jay Z Signs Nas To Def Jam

jbrolax said:
u :angry: your fav rapper is gonna be taking orders from the guy who skeeted on his babmama's face on tape?you lost for believing in nas coon tactic's.this nigga contradictive like a mothafucka

LAZARU$ said:
u :angry: your fav rapper is gonna be taking orders from the guy who skeeted on his babmama's face on tape?you lost for believing in nas coon tactic's.this nigga contradictive like a mothafucka
Its all about money in this business. Enjoy the rap but don't get caught up on the issues within rap. Its all fake.

7 Syns

Aristotle said:
Where is Syns at, looks like we are gonna be waiting for Red and Joey a lot longer.
Im calling that Red and Joey will not be at Def Jam by the end of the year.

Good news for Nas & Jay-Z though.

peace.

ThUgPoUnD_RiDer said:
Its all about money in this business. Enjoy the rap but don't get caught up on the issues within rap. Its all fake.
tru that and this deal doesnt even bother me.i don't even listen to nas hypocritcal ass anymore.

The deal pays Nas around $3 million, including a recording budget, for each of the two albums, and has a clause providing for two additional albums for Def Jam.

that means he gets 3 million bucks,has to do 2 albums then another 2 for def jam.looks like jay eating good off this deal while nas gets the chump change.he gonna have to make albums till he's 40.like i said nas lost:laugh:

7 Syns said:
Im calling that Red and Joey will not be at Def Jam by the end of the year.

Good news for Nas & Jay-Z though.

peace.
buddens is still signed and just dropped a mixtape for hype cus his album(supposedly)drops this mid year.i'm only checking for redman thou cus he is getting shitted on worse then joey.

ARon

LAZARU$ said:
tru that and this deal doesnt even bother me.i don't even listen to nas hypocritcal ass anymore.

The deal pays Nas around $3 million, including a recording budget, for each of the two albums, and has a clause providing for two additional albums for Def Jam.

that means he gets 3 million bucks,has to do 2 albums then another 2 for def jam.looks like jay eating good off this deal while nas gets the chump change.he gonna have to make albums till he's 40.like i said nas lost:laugh:
So nas lost because his future in what he does as a business, what he does as a career was just extended?

I'm sorry for goin off track but show me an example of Nas being hypocritical. Tell me what is wrong with being one in the first place, all it is is growing and seeing that what you once thought might not of been right. Tell me something. You look mad suspect right now, hater type shit.

Aristotle said:
So nas lost because his future in what he does as a business, what he does as a career was just extended?

I'm sorry for goin off track but show me an example of Nas being hypocritical. Tell me what is wrong with being one in the first place, all it is is growing and seeing that what you once thought might not of been right. Tell me something. You look mad suspect right now, hater type shit.
so your saying there's nothing wrong with being a hypocrit?:laugh:
your in denial,alot of people have the same feelings i do about nas.do a search on this forum and you'll find all the heated discussions you need.that saves us both time.

so how am i hating?
Is it that i didn't say congratulations or great now we can get some nas jay collabs? nas and jay can collab without him signing to defjam and seeing it's a joint label situation it shows right there that nas doesnt fully trust jay.so stop catching feelings son it's only my opinion.

U just :angry: that the broncos got :confused: in the playoffs :laugh:

I'm really happy for Nas and look forward to that debut. I remember hearing rumors that he was meeting with them a few months back but I didn't really expect that he'd actually sign.

~peace~

LAZARU$ said:
Nas is gonna sell a lot more, and I'm sure that it's 3 million in addition to royalties. Plus he'll be able to tour a lot more.

But anyway for Nas it was never about money. He signed with DefJam because he wants to start fresh and be in a community where his music will be developed. Not that Columbia was bad, but sometimes you just have to move on and see what else is out there.
~peace~

I'm not so excited about this news at all. Is there a chance we may get a Nas and Jay-Z calbo? yeah, but in my opinion it's 6-7 years too late, and I hope this doesn't mean he's gonna hook up with the hottest producers like Pharrell, and record with Young Jeezey. That would be devestating and embarassing.

Hopefully we'll hear some of the tracks left off "Street's Disciple" on his next album.

ARon

LAZARU$ said:
so your saying there's nothing wrong with being a hypocrit?:laugh:
your in denial,alot of people have the same feelings i do about nas.do a search on this forum and you'll find all the heated discussions you need.that saves us both time.

so how am i hating?
Is it that i didn't say congratulations or great now we can get some nas jay collabs? nas and jay can collab without him signing to defjam and seeing it's a joint label situation it shows right there that nas doesnt fully trust jay.so stop catching feelings son it's only my opinion.

U just :angry: that the broncos got :confused: in the playoffs :laugh:
There is nothing wrong with being a hypocrit, like I said it is called growth. But like I've seen in other threads, and read everywhere else, people say he is a hypocrit but no proof to back it up. They bring up some stupid shit that has nothin to do with music. I didn't call you a hter but your on the verge of bein one, who tries to make fun of someone for making money and music??? Makes no sense does it.

Before you assume I am a Broncos fan realize I am one of the happiest people around here cus they lost. Born and raised in the bay. Peace.

Aristotle said:
There is nothing wrong with being a hypocrit, like I said it is called growth. But like I've seen in other threads, and read everywhere else, people say he is a hypocrit but no proof to back it up. They bring up some stupid shit that has nothin to do with music. I didn't call you a hter but your on the verge of bein one, who tries to make fun of someone for making money and music??? Makes no sense does it.

Before you assume I am a Broncos fan realize I am one of the happiest people around here cus they lost. Born and raised in the bay. Peace.
you've got a weird way of thinking.no body is gonna wanna hear what a hypocrite has to say.it's like there a border line liar.i could bring up many of things nas has did that makes him one,even jay dissed it on the takeover,superugly,etc...come on dawg don't make me pull the lyrics out.from going to never work with jay ever to jay being his boss.Nas is a perfect example of when keeping it real goes wrong. as for the broncos line,that was mearly me just tappin at your nerves.ARE FEELING BEING CAUGHT?:sad:

ARon

Your smilie faces are annoying. Tapping at my nerves, assumption is the motehr, you know the quote, caught, dont even see how.
But yes pull out some lyrics. He goes from dissing Jay having a battle on wax, something that hip-hop has been doing forever to workin with him, that is hypocritical? Are you one of those people who only like to listen to something if its real or the guy was in jail and shot someone so he can talk about and no one else cant? Music is entertainment man, if rappers only talked about whats "real" or anything of that sort we wouldnt have 80% of the sogns we have out. Music is an art, people use imagination in every other art form but when it comes to rap it is looked down upon because dude aint being real? Shit is dumb.

Aristotle said:
Your smilie faces are annoying. Tapping at my nerves, assumption is the motehr, you know the quote, caught, dont even see how.
But yes pull out some lyrics. He goes from dissing Jay having a battle on wax, something that hip-hop has been doing forever to workin with him, that is hypocritical? Are you one of those people who only like to listen to something if its real or the guy was in jail and shot someone so he can talk about and no one else cant? Music is entertainment man, if rappers only talked about whats "real" or anything of that sort we wouldnt have 80% of the sogns we have out. Music is an art, people use imagination in every other art form but when it comes to rap it is looked down upon because dude aint being real? Shit is dumb.
u must be :angry: cus i said nothin about who's being real,i was standing on the point of being hypocritical.you must be referin to the statement of keeping it real goes wrong for nas. I was using that as metaphor on his hypocritcalness if thats even a word.i'm not gonna hold your hand thru this discussion. i gave you 2 songs,i'm to lazy to copy and post em.i'm pretty sure you heard the tracks which inturn means your either a stan or in denial.also you gotta be real in what you say not as in street real like the direction your argument is looking down.i f you talking about black power in one song then copping spinners and bitches owe you in another your being a tool and a hypocrite.right there is an example.

another would be:

i slang dope/fiens come back in TIDES like it's soap/

then you go to say

drugs is destroying our community/we need unity/black power a message for you to see/

those are hypocritical lines.you see why what you are saying is totally non-common sense thinking and unwitted.anything else?

ps

so in your way of thinking ma$e is growing for being hypocritcal or is he not a hypocrite in your mind?

Nas is know as a hypocrite though so whats new?Who in the game isn't? But the thing is with Mr.Nasty is he swings with the times, always changin his style to whatever might make him loot then had the nerve to talk shit bout Jigga whose formula he was trying to master

GhettoStar said:
Nas is know as a hypocrite though so whats new?Who in the game isn't? But the thing is with Mr.Nasty is he swings with the times, always changin his style to whatever might make him loot then had the nerve to talk shit bout Jigga whose formula he was trying to master
say word:thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.