is THE GAME really that good?

I dont understand how people or should i say little kids between 10 or 14 the target public can fall for that fake gansgta image its all he raps about and try's to portray .He's trying so hard its funny to me its like a bad movie with overacting. Ok he can rap but why rap about all that gangsta stuff its funny to me how people can take his shit serious erry time i hear some of his shit it almost make me laugh . Why try so hard just be your self and its obvious he aint no gansgta

S. Fourteen

SuperCuz said:
I dont understand how people or should i say little kids between 10 or 14 the target public can fall for that fake gansgta image its all he raps about and try's to portray .He's trying so hard its funny to me its like a bad movie with overacting. Ok he can rap but why rap about all that gangsta stuff its funny to me how people can take his shit serious erry time i hear some of his shit it almost make me laugh . Why try so hard just be your self and its obvious he aint no gansgta
I hate to get into the argument of image and shit but he lost three of his friends to gun violence, he's got several friends in jail, his mother was pistal whipped by his dad when he was little, he lived in a foster house, his brother was a blood while he was in high school, he started bangin in 12 th grade.

Image is nothing but people should speak on the man when they actually know what that man is about.

Chronic said:
Why are you asking me if it's worth spending money on decent rappers?
no im askin you if its worth spendin money on..if his raps are good enough to make the song sound aight...its cool rite...

lemme try to say it differently...

Are you goin 2 buy it?

saltynuts said:
I hate to get into the argument of image and shit but he lost three of his friends to gun violence, he's got several friends in jail, his mother was pistal whipped by his dad when he was little, he lived in a foster house, his brother was a blood while he was in high school, he started bangin in 12 th grade.

Image is nothing but people should speak on the man when they actually know what that man is about.
No argument everybody got different tastes opinions etc...
Just statin mine if i was 12 again i prolly be a game fan to its a different generation now .

S. Fourteen

SuperCuz said:
No argument everybody got different tastes opinions etc...
Just statin mine if i was 12 again i prolly be a game fan to its a different generation now .
I'm 23 if you want to bring age into it.

Let me say this

Tupac acted real tough didnt he?

Maybe Tupac didnt grow up in a hood?

Maybe his moms wasnt a crack head?

Myabe Pac was never shot and it was all fabricated to sell records?

alleyezonme0707 said:
His lyrics are horrible, beats repetive, he's a straight up bitch...prove me wrong, post a tight verse from his album, I've heard 4 tracks and they were horrible...
thats right hes a strait up bitch because......?

S. Fourteen

SuperCuz said:
K dog you right dont feel like startin nuthin here everybody got different music taste pz.
difference of taste in music I can respect, but you were saying something like 'I cant believe people can take his shit seriously' and 'I almost start laughing when I hear his music' - so I ask you this, what is so funny about hardship, and what is so funny about a young kid getting shot for a pair of sneakers? What is so funny about selling drugs so that you can feed your family? What is so funny about young kids gangbangin? That shit happens around us every day all day and there isnt much humor in it.

really.

_carmi

me, myself & us
the game's beats are tights. he raps well too but he raps always bout the same thing so it gets a bit annoying. but the album's good.

Chronic

Hurts said:
no im askin you if its worth spendin money on..if his raps are good enough to make the song sound aight...its cool rite...

lemme try to say it differently...

Are you goin 2 buy it?
Nah I'm not gonna buy it but I only buy albums that I think are great and/or of artists I feel deserve the customer's money.

There's people who think the album is garbage but looking at it objectively (sp?) it's at least decent.
Beats are banging. Timbaland gave The Game some serious heat, Just Blaze and Kanye did right, Dre had some good shit (probably some of his better material of this millenium. I like Westside Story the most), Buckwild had a dope joint, Hi-Tek did right I think, Eminem did one of his better beats (which isn't saying much) and Jeff Bhasker (dunno wtf that is) had a cool beat. Needlz and Focus missed the spot, Havoc's shit is questionable.
The Game actually creates songs rather than just talking generic gangsta shit (which I expected) but they're not incredibly striking. He shows skills but the album feels manufactured.
I don't know you CD buying habits but I'd download it and then see if you like it enough to buy it.
If you can listen to music liking it for the beats and the rapper not sounding too shitty (you like The Game's flow and delivery?), you can like it (backpacker mothafuckers can't do that shit and they suck).

and not between 10-14 i'm 18 i never said he was the greatest and shit i just said that there are certain songs he can do well if we are gonna look at credentials i wont put game at the top or even the top 50 but lets face it there are a couple of songs he did good.

anyone sayin' game is fake really is ignorant. homie grew up in compton, that discredits any fakeness automatically.

watch the dvd.

the cd is ruff, and why is that anytime defends game they're "nut huggers"? gah'damn.

Chronic said:
I don't know you CD buying habits but I'd download it and then see if you like it enough to buy it.).
Really?

i just cant do that. I download an album and say "yea im going to buy that" , but when im in the cd store i just cant bring myself around to buying and album i already have, i just cant do it. i just dont like walking out of the store with nothing new to listen to, especially when theres another 1000 cd's in the store that i wanted.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.