is it just me or is obie trice completely wack

MC mufasa said:
Jason you always speak about people not respecting your opinion, just accept the fact that some people think he is shit.
:rolleyes: Where didn't I do that?

Stop trying to pick on people for the stupidest shit.

Accept the fact I disgree. I never said one word other than I can't see how the guy can't like him.

Fuckin A...

Obie album was cool, I thought it was underrated. That track with Busta Rhymes was tight as fuck and the outro was sick, Obie puts it down on that album. I am waiting for another album from him.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Obie is OK.
His flow and delivery are fairly good. Lyrically shit.
He gets good beats to work with, but in all honesty he's average.

i definately think his album got slept on. proof is better IMO. but i completely disagree to him being wack. no way. you must only have listened to got some teeth which is just like Em's stupid tracks for a first single.

saltynuts said:
he would be alot tighter if he wasnt on Shady
i know usaid that sarcastically, but that cud be true, i dont believe his voice suits there beats. he needs a wider variety of beats. but obie >> lloyd banks.

2Pax

Yea's he pretty average in my opinion but when he really tries his verses can match the best of them, take this verse from Go To Sleep (Cradle 2 The Grave Soundtrack):

[Obie Trice]
We got you niggaz, nervous
On purpose, to hurt your focus, you'se not MC's, you'se worthless
You'se not them G's, you'se a circus, you'se no appeal, please
You'se curtains, you use words, cool heard, slurred in two thousand third
You'se purpin, you'se no threat, who's ya servin?
We lyrically oughta bury you beneath the dirt when
You fuck with a label overseein the Earth
Shady muthafucka, O. Trice's birth
And as I mold, I become a curse
So we can put down the verse, take it to the turf
Cock and squeeze, and he who reach the hearse is he who
Depicts fiction in his verse
And as I breathe, and you be deceased
The world believe you deceived just to speak
You'se not the streets, you'se the desk
Use not your chest nigga, use a vest
Before two's choose ya rest, you chose death
Six feet deep, nigga, that's the depth

That verse is tight no doubt He's good when he puts effort in.

i liked obie's cd, i banged that shit for a long time...my only thing was, he only did 2 hooks on the whole cd, to me that was eminem telling obie he didn't have confidence in him to carry the hook. but again, that cd to me was about 3.5 to 4 stars

dedbrd said:
i liked obie's cd, i banged that shit for a long time...my only thing was, he only did 2 hooks on the whole cd, to me that was eminem telling obie he didn't have confidence in him to carry the hook. but again, that cd to me was about 3.5 to 4 stars
I don't understand why a rapper not doing his own hooks takes away from his talent.

I fuckin' hate doin' hooks.

Obie is actually an extremely talented rapper. I can only dream of the day when he leaves Aftermath, then everyone may actually start appreciating his talents. The fact that he is currently using beats Eminem crafted out of his anus also dosen't help.

Pittsey said:
Obie is OK.
His flow and delivery are fairly good. Lyrically shit.
He gets good beats to work with, but in all honesty he's average.
Look at the lyrics he wrote for his verse on Go To Sleep and Shit Hits The Fan and you're going to say he'r lyrically shit?

Like the other person said, WHEN HE TRIES, he's lyrically one of the best.

We got you niggaz, nervous
On purpose, to hurt your focus, you'se not MC's, you'se worthless
You'se not them G's, you'se a circus, you'se no appeal, please
You'se curtains, you use words, cool heard, slurred in two thousand third
You'se purpin, you'se no threat, who's ya servin?
We lyrically oughta bury you beneath the dirt when
You fuck with a label overseein the Earth
Shady muthafucka, O. Trice's birth
And as I mold, I become a curse
So we can put down the verse, take it to the turf
Cock and squeeze, and he who reach the hearse is he who
Depicts fiction in his verse
And as I breathe, and you be deceased
The world believe you deceived just to speak
You'se not the streets, you'se the desk
Use not your chest nigga, use a vest
Before two's choose ya rest, you chose death
Six feet deep, nigga, that's the depth
Maybe cuz we have different standards on lyricism but imo this verse isn't SICK or ill at all. It's okish, the good thing is that it's better then most mainstream lyrics put out. But that doesn't mean that he is sick cuz this text is nothing but simple.

And that verse on shit hits the fan. That was nothing more then good. If you(jason) think these were one of his best then it says alot about obies talent.

Listen to a song with Crooked and you'll see that he rips the mic on EVERY song.

RFTP said:
Maybe cuz we have different standards on lyricism but imo this verse isn't SICK or ill at all. It's okish, the good thing is that it's better then most mainstream lyrics put out. But that doesn't mean that he is sick cuz this text is nothing but simple.

And that verse on shit hits the fan. That was nothing more then good. If you(jason) think these were one of his best then it says alot about obies talent.

Listen to a song with Crooked and you'll see that he rips the mic on EVERY song.
You're right, it does speak for Obie's talent. IMO its speaks for how fucking lyrically spectacular the man can be WHEN HE WANTS. The main phrase in that sentence though is WHEN HE WANTS. If you don't find that verse to be extremely potent, I don't know what the fuck you're looking for.

Give me some examples of what you think are spectacular verses from people.

saltynuts said:
he would be alot tighter if he wasnt on Shady
maybe? the title COMPLETLY WACK was to make more people reply, which worked, so leave me alone.
i personaly cant stand obie, well maybe obie's a ok bloke, its his music i dont like

i kinda knew this thread would be completely dominated by jason.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.