is it just me or is obie trice completely wack

Frank Grimes said:
anyone else notice that. well maybe not COMPLETELY, but i found his album horrible
no im not a hater
Are you on crack? Obie's the second best artist on Shady/Aftermath behind Proof. I don't count Em anymore because he's pretty much a label head now, as someone else stated a week ago. Dude....seriously though:

Average Man
We All Die One Day
Shit Hits The Fan
Hey Lady
Dont Come Down

All of those are SUPERB tracks. What is it that you specifically don't like about Obie? Flow? Lyrics? Delivery? Voice?

IMO, the order of rank on ShadyAftermath goes:
Proof
Obie
Young Buck
Kuniva
Lloyd Banks

hes an alrite rapper. his album was pretty good thought but mostly cause of the top notch beats. Eminem did a bang up job on that nothin like lttg.

Trump Tite said:
hes an alrite rapper. his album was pretty good thought but mostly cause of the top notch beats. Eminem did a bang up job on that nothin like lttg.
I'm glad you pointed out the fact that Em produced pretty much all of the tracks on Cheers.

While the beats on LTTG aren't exactly spectacular, they also aren't all as bad as people on here keep saying, but they weren't Eminem at his best. But what gets me though, is everyone looks at that album and suddenly "Eminem is the wackest producer ever" and they think that one album discounts all the bad ass beats he produced prior to that.

jason_g_718 said:
Are you on crack? Obie's the second best artist on Shady/Aftermath behind Proof. I don't count Em anymore because he's pretty much a label head now, as someone else stated a week ago. Dude....seriously though:

Average Man
We All Die One Day
Shit Hits The Fan
Hey Lady
Dont Come Down

All of those are SUPERB tracks. What is it that you specifically don't like about Obie? Flow? Lyrics? Delivery? Voice?

IMO, the order of rank on ShadyAftermath goes:
Proof
Obie
Young Buck
Kuniva
Lloyd Banks
All those are good tracks mostly cause of the beats and Eminem straight up ripped Hey Lady. Obie's verse was alright. On Shit Hits the Fan Dre's verse was fire and Obie's was horrible he ruins that song. Em and 50 rip We all Die One Day while Obie comes through with a decent verse. He gets terribly outshined on every track that has guests.

jason_g_718 said:
I'm glad you pointed out the fact that Em produced pretty much all of the tracks on Cheers.

While the beats on LTTG aren't exactly spectacular, they also aren't all as bad as people on here keep saying, but they weren't Eminem at his best. But what gets me though, is everyone looks at that album and suddenly "Eminem is the wackest producer ever" and they think that one album discounts all the bad ass beats he produced prior to that.
Yeah I totally aree with you. Eminem has made some classic beats like Love Me, Lose Yourself, Rap Game, Lady, and countless others. But w/ lttg he fucked up. I think it was too much for him producing a whole Pac album. He should have done like 2 or 3 tracks like on the Resurrection soundtrack he did pretty good on that. I think Em just really isn't feeling inspired or creative right now. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back soon.

Trump Tite said:
All those are good tracks mostly cause of the beats and Eminem straight up ripped Hey Lady. Obie's verse was alright. On Shit Hits the Fan Dre's verse was fire and Obie's was horrible he ruins that song. Em and 50 rip We all Die One Day while Obie comes through with a decent verse. He gets terribly outshined on every track that has guests.
Dude, Obies verse on Shit Hits The Fan is one of his best ever. OMG. Are you fuckin' serious? He rips the shit out of his verse on that. Fucking spectacular. And of course Dre ripped the shit out of his verse as well...but don't forget that Obie at least wrote his own verse, whereas Em wrote Dre's.

As for WADOD, Obie's lyrics are average, but his flow and delivery are fucking awesome. And 50 does rip that song, but the fact that for the first half of his verse he repeats exactly what Em said takes alot away from his verse.

I thought EVERYONE, came great on WADOD...Banks had one of his better verses, and Em's verse on that song is just....damn...he fuckin' MURDERED the track.

Obie is definately one of my favorite rappers right now.

Yeah I totally aree with you. Eminem has made some classic beats like Love Me, Lose Yourself, Rap Game, Lady, and countless others.
Sing For The Moment, Like Toy Soldiers, WADOD, Average Man, White America, Soldier, We As Americans (<-one of his tightest ever)

I can list probably 25-30 beats that Em made that were spectacular, compared to like 5 or 6 that were average or less than average. Problem is with Em, he has become like Dr. Dre in the aspect that we expect nothing but the best, so if something seems the slightest off, he's held to higher standards.

But w/ lttg he fucked up. I think it was too much for him producing a whole Pac album. He should have done like 2 or 3 tracks like on the Resurrection soundtrack he did pretty good on that. I think Em just really isn't feeling inspired or creative right now. Hopefully he'll get his mojo back soon
Seriously, maybe he just needs to take some time off, take a vacation.

jason_g_718 said:
Dude, Obies verse on Shit Hits The Fan is one of his best ever. OMG. Are you fuckin' serious? He rips the shit out of his verse on that. Fucking spectacular. And of course Dre ripped the shit out of his verse as well...but don't forget that Obie at least wrote his own verse, whereas Em wrote Dre's.

As for WADOD, Obie's lyrics are average, but his flow and delivery are fucking awesome. And 50 does rip that song, but the fact that for the first half of his verse he repeats exactly what Em said takes alot away from his verse.

I thought EVERYONE, came great on WADOD...Banks had one of his better verses, and Em's verse on that song is just....damn...he fuckin' MURDERED the track.

Obie is definately one of my favorite rappers right now.
Disagree w/ you here. Obie's verse sucks on Shit Hitz on the Fan. I also think Banks Verse on WADOD sucks.And how do you know Em wrote Dre's verse on Shit Hits the Fan??

obie isn't as popular as most other rappers but thats cause he has taken it easy lately he has made a few good songs i liked the "don't come down" and "the set up remix" they were good. anyways he has a cute face but i love the guy but i won't deny he isnt the best, theres still room 4 improvement.

Disagree w/ you here. Obie's verse sucks on Shit Hitz on the Fan.
Dude, seriously, look at these lyrics:

They say why don't we increase the peace
The only peace increased is that which deletes your peeps
Cuz niggaz run mouths but they don't run streets
Till that 4-5 will cease the speech
Yeah it's a shame how the beef'll creep
Could've reached your peeps, now you're left with a horrible leak
I'm tryin to be as bleak with my speech as possible
Just in case a nigga tries to throw me an obstacle
Nigga, I'm not boxin you, I'm hospitable
I put you in a hospital, that's how I get at you
Let the doc op on you, he don't rid you?
You back on the streets? I send another hit at you
This is not a hypocritical issue
I will critical condition your tissue
Give a fuck if all ten of them wit you
I throw an extra ten of them missiles
Turn gangstas into gentlemen vicko
And ever since Eminem dissed you
I swear I see the women and bitch in you
All this bickering back and forth over who signs who
Curtis pulled ya skirt up, nigga, you got murdered
Now take it like a man and shake it off. Damn
And quit tellin all these magazines your plans
How you gone slap up my mans, you're ficticious
Nigga, we send Stan to come murder your bitches

Look at that shit dude. Straight fucking fire. One of Obie's best verses ever.

I also think Banks Verse on WADOD sucks
Dude...what the hell? I don't get you man.

.And how do you know Em wrote Dre's verse on Shit Hits the Fan
One of the well respected members of the board said it like 3 days ago. And dude, Dre has a ghostwriter for most of his shit. Jay Z wrote his lyrics on Still D.R.E. and Eminem wrote Dre's shit on Forgot About Dre. As a matter of fact, MOST of Dre's verses on Chronic 2001 had ghostwriters.

Pacaveli-T said:
obie isn't as popular as most other rappers but thats cause he has taken it easy lately he has made a few good songs i liked the "don't come down" and "the set up remix" they were good. anyways he has a cute face but i love the guy but i won't deny he isnt the best, theres still room 4 improvement.
Of course he's not the best. Far from it. But he's one of the top guys in the game right now IMO.

Also, in a lot of songs, Obie resembles Pac in the aspect that it's not his lyrics that make the verse(s) good, it's the passion in his voice, his flow and delivery.

Dont Come Down is lyrically a mediocre song. But a banging beat by Eminem and passion like a mofo from Obie makes it great.

jason_g_718 said:
Dude, seriously, look at these lyrics:

They say why don't we increase the peace
The only peace increased is that which deletes your peeps
Cuz niggaz run mouths but they don't run streets
Till that 4-5 will cease the speech
Yeah it's a shame how the beef'll creep
Could've reached your peeps, now you're left with a horrible leak
I'm tryin to be as bleak with my speech as possible
Just in case a nigga tries to throw me an obstacle
Nigga, I'm not boxin you, I'm hospitable
I put you in a hospital, that's how I get at you
Let the doc op on you, he don't rid you?
You back on the streets? I send another hit at you
This is not a hypocritical issue
I will critical condition your tissue
Give a fuck if all ten of them wit you
I throw an extra ten of them missiles
Turn gangstas into gentlemen vicko
And ever since Eminem dissed you
I swear I see the women and bitch in you
All this bickering back and forth over who signs who
Curtis pulled ya skirt up, nigga, you got murdered
Now take it like a man and shake it off. Damn
And quit tellin all these magazines your plans
How you gone slap up my mans, you're ficticious
Nigga, we send Stan to come murder your bitches

Look at that shit dude. Straight fucking fire. One of Obie's best verses ever.

Dude...what the hell? I don't get you man.

One of the well respected members of the board said it like 3 days ago. And dude, Dre has a ghostwriter for most of his shit. Jay Z wrote his lyrics on Still D.R.E. and Eminem wrote Dre's shit on Forgot About Dre. As a matter of fact, MOST of Dre's verses on Chronic 2001 had ghostwriters.
Sorry still not convinced. Maybe Obie's verse on Shit Hitz the Fan wasn't that bad but still wack. Far from best in his career I would give that honor to Love Me. But hands down Obie is an average rapper.

Oh yeah 100 posts bitches!!!!!

Sorry still not convinced. Maybe Obie's verse on Shit Hitz the Fan wasn't that bad but still wack. Far from best in his career I would give that honor to Love Me. But hands down Obie is an average rapper.
*big sigh* Man..I just don't get how you can't see that that verse is just straight fire.

Honestly, Obie's style isnt to serious. He tried it in a few songs, some worked some didn't. But look at got some teeth, who hasn't gotten to drunk and ended up with some nasty chick? I think obie's alright

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.