ill poetic presents budden meets portishead: mood muzik's third

thanks for the uploads... i started listening to those, i'm a bit tied up right now, so i cant get at em all right now, i'll comment on em all later.. but so far what i've heard...

5th Gear - Decent track, but me being the picky asshole that i am cant stand adlibs, excessive use of adlibs just annoys me

Dear Angie - Nice tune right there, nice samples, nice beat, straight lifestyle shit

Dumb Out - pretty dope track

Walk With Me - I remember this shit off the Def Jam game... this was the track that made me wanna listen to him in the first place.. this is my shit right here

... so far what i've heard, sounds good, but not as "the illest punchline rapper" as some ppl have tried to dub him as. But i like em as a rapper with some nice real life shit, which is usually what i'd rather bump. When it comes to punches i'll stick to cats like Chino n Vakill

-peace

btw for those that dont know.. Ill Poetic himself, is DOPE... i gotta compile some shit by him and make a thread but for now, to introduce his style...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fFP-0ED7Tb0[/YOUTUBE]

peace

linx

Staff member
Actually I just wanted to download them all so I could put them as a queue and go about my work while they play. But whatever. It's just lower on my priority list now. I'll get around to it at some point.

That's not how I would go about attempting to convert somewhere, but whatevs.
Dude, you can download from those links in SECONDS. Stop. :laugh:

Casey

Staff member
Dude, you can download from those links in SECONDS. Stop. :laugh:
Um no, zShare takes 30-60 seconds per track. If you'd zipped them, it would have taken 60 seconds to download the whole thing. How is that so difficult to understand?

Casey

Staff member
smh at roaches for being a cunt.

i'm not ungrateful. thanks for the uploads linx.

i'm just saying that it's lower on my priority list now because i have to individually download each file, where I would have preferred to download it all at once and have it playing while I do other things.

Preach

basically, he didn't want to hear them in the first place but agreed to doing so because linx specifically asked. presumably, linx had an interest in spreading budden's music. presumably, militant agreed the way you would if your friend calls you and asks for a favor. you don't wanna, but since he asked so nicely. while i agree with linx that it's not a big deal at all, i still see militant's point. he could just not download all those tracks and give a fuck about a budden. and since linx had to upload the tracks anyway, whichever way shouldn't necessarily matter, right? i think that's the point he's trying to get across.

besides, linx, you woulda saved time uploading one rar too probably, not having to open 15 tabs and copy 15 file addresses :laugh:

linx

Staff member
besides, linx, you woulda saved time uploading one rar too probably, not having to open 15 tabs and copy 15 file addresses :laugh:
It really doesn't matter to me man. Like I said, I used dial-up for YEARS. Maybe that's why i'm patient when it comes to uploading/downloading stuff. It didn't bother me that it took my 30 seconds each time to upload one track. Like I said, it's seconds. Not time consuming at all, lol. The same goes for downloading. If I gotta download 20 tracks from zshare, i'll do it. They take a minute a piece to download. You basically click one link. There's nothing hard about it. It's easier to download it all in one big file, yes.. but I wasn't completely sure whether or not he or ImmortalTech wanted to actually download the files or just listen first. I always laugh when people see a bunch of links to songs and ask why there isn't one big .zip file with them all. But like I said 3 times already, that's probably cause I used dial-up forever and it took me forever to download nearly 15,000 mp3s. But I was always patient while doing so.

:thumb:

Casey

Staff member
basically, he didn't want to hear them in the first place but agreed to doing so because linx specifically asked. presumably, linx had an interest in spreading budden's music. presumably, militant agreed the way you would if your friend calls you and asks for a favor. you don't wanna, but since he asked so nicely. while i agree with linx that it's not a big deal at all, i still see militant's point. he could just not download all those tracks and give a fuck about a budden. and since linx had to upload the tracks anyway, whichever way shouldn't necessarily matter, right? i think that's the point he's trying to get across.

Thanks for breaking it down Preach. That's exactly it :thumb:.

aiyte so i finally got a chance to listen to the full compilation.. and as i stated before, i like his real life shit, not really feel em much on the whole "punchline" tip.

Favorite tracks...

Walk With Me
Calm Down
Sing for the Moment

thanks for the links, linx!

btw... now its time to listen to a full length to see how he carries himself through that.. any suggestions?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.