How Rappers Got Their Names Thread...

DPG iz all I C said:
The Game got his name through his Grandmother who believed that he was good at all sports.

50 Cents name is also a metaphor for change
i thought Game's grandmother gave him that nickname because he was always game for anything

I can tell you for a fact how Will Smith got his moniker. Will Smith and I had the same algebra teacher, her name is Ms. Brown. Will used to be her favorite student, and I'm preety sure he still is. Well anyways, Mr.Brown called him Prince because he was just too good with the ladies, and I then one day he was acting smart/fresh in class, and Ms. Brown got mad, and she called him "Fresh Prince". So ever since then, he kept that name, and it sure made him a lot of money!

PS: I'm preety sure some idiot is gonna misinterpret this, so here's the disclaimer. JUST BECAUSE WE HAD THE SAME TEACHER DOESN'T MEAN WE WENT TO SCHOOL TOGETHER. HE GRADUATED IN THE 80'S. I GRADUATED IN 2002!!!!!

I don't know where the "Dogg" comes in, but I remember reading on allmusic.com that Snoop got the 'snoop' part of his nickname from his mother, because he resembled snoopy.

Biggie Smalls - a gangter character from a movie back in the 70's. Biggie couldn't use it because it was copy written.

So he changed it to The Notorious B.I.G. (Business Instead of Guns)

Then after his death, Puffy changed it to "Books Instead of Guns"

Lil' Wyte - He's little and he's white.

or, since he's an oxycontin addict like me, his name is...

Little and white - a percocet, or a Oxy 10mg tab, or any Oxycontin tab after the time release coating has been removed...

Violent J (real name Joe Bruce)
Jamie Madrox (stolen from an old comic book character, and his first name is James, but his friends call him Jamie)
Esham (East Side Hoes And Money, also his real name is Esham Smith)

Farzin

G-Unit (Short for Gorilla Unit)

its actually Guerilla Unit , not the animal i dont know if thats what you thought or if that was a spelling mistake

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.