How important is a good album cover?

cm_millionaire said:
NO.
And if it influiences you then to be honest you shouldn't be allowed to buy music.
I don't think it is wrong to let influence you a bit...Because when you have to choose between 2 artists/groups you have never heard of and you choose the one with the colourful cover to listen to the samples that's allright..I think a good cover can get you alot easier into an artists music because of the 1st good expression you get...You know what Im saying? Newayz let it be clear that im talking about that 1st expression...and listening to the samples..because the other with the not so colourfull cover can be the one you buy cuz of the samples you heard...You can't let a cover decide tho...I think it can only help..and that is prolly also the reason why covers have to stand out...

Well, when I buy a album, I like to look up reviews to see how good it is before I purchase it. Even if my favourite artist's cover looked like ass, I'd still pick it up based on the quality of its content.

one mc on dj said:
I don't think it is wrong to let influence you a bit...Because when you have to choose between 2 artists/groups you have never heard of and you choose the one with the colourful cover to listen to the samples that's allright..I think a good cover can get you alot easier into an artists music because of the 1st good expression you get...You know what Im saying? Newayz let it be clear that im talking about that 1st expression...and listening to the samples..because the other with the not so colourfull cover can be the one you buy cuz of the samples you heard...You can't let a cover decide tho...I think it can only help..and that is prolly also the reason why covers have to stand out...
The best two rap albums of the last centuary featured little kids on the cover. Enough said....and if you buy any music without having heard it first then your an idiot. Sorry to be so blunt but come on...people are starving in Africa and your gonna throw away your dollars on something you can't even justify purchasing.

cm_millionaire said:
The best two rap albums of the last centuary featured little kids on the cover. Enough said....and if you buy any music without having heard it first then your an idiot. Sorry to be so blunt but come on...people are starving in Africa and your gonna throw away your dollars on something you can't even justify purchasing.
LOL well I was born as an asshole I dont send ne money to africa ^

But uhh...I always take the 30 sec samples introductions b4 I buy an album lol...

Not important at all. Mostly I've already decided which album I'm gonna buy, so for me, the cover can be all white/black for all I care

It's not really important, it's just the fact that it sems more appealing. Like if you take a look at AEOM, the cover is great. Another album that makes you feel like buying the album is Better Dayz, the silver color adds a nice touch to it.

Peace

considering wtv is burned has no cover but a piece of blank paper its pretty useless 2 me but in general not important may just be nice to look at tho from time to time or inspirational

Lok

Yup, Ghetto Covers is the way to go.

And to answer your question: The cover is the most important part of the album...

cm_millionaire said:
NO.
And if it influiences you then to be honest you shouldn't be allowed to buy music.
not really, if i see some sterioded up dude on the front showin his muscles (50cent), chances are im not goin to buy it.

in other words if it seems real gimmicky then i wouldnt be pickin it up.

Best album cover had a black man on a cross with the words "in no way is this portrait an expression of disrespect to Jesus Christ".

Other great ones:

OutKast - ATLiens and Aquemini
Snoop - Doggystyle
Nas - Illmatic
Redman - Dare Iz A Darkside
GZA - Liquid Swords

but overall, its not that important.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.