Hip Hop Dead? ...HELL NO

I'm Sick & Tired of people making threads about how sick & tired they are of hearing the same old rap on the radio n shit. These people need to get past BET and the Radio and realize Hip Hop is as creative and as alive as it ever was. Some people just arent looking in the right places. So I decided to make a thread to introduce artists that are dope, that other may have never heard of.

WARNING: I may end up posting some shit u love, some shit u hate, some shits that just fuckin weird, but either way, I'm just hoping we can introduce each other to some new creative artist, so people stop bitching about the state of Hip Hop, and start changing the state of Hip Hop.

PS. Please dont "introduce" anyone to Immortal Technique, Crooked I, Canibus etc. ... every1s heard of those artists.

So heres Artist # 1 .... ILLOGIC

http://www.myspace.com/illogicone

Lets get a few more people posting up interesting artist, then I'll post up a few more emcee's... I only did a myspace page cuz this is the only place i found some decent streaming audio for illogic

~peace

looks like I'll be the only one contributing to this shit... Whenever time comes to complain about the state of hip hop people got alotta shit to say... When time comes to introduce some new cats that some people may never have heard of that still think Rap is all about that radio shit, no1s got nothin to say.. Anyways, heres a few more artists, check em out

http://www.myspace.com/sagefrancis

http://www.myspace.com/vakill

http://www.myspace.com/eyedeaandabilities

~peace

EDIT : By the way if people are thinking I'm just using this thread to promote local cats from my block or something with their lil myspace pages.. ur dead wrong. These artist are well known underground acts that get props worldwide

"oh my god.. these guys aint gangsta.. these guys aint crunk with a 4 year olds vocab. How could I even listen to someone like this. I'm way too hood for this shit"- Dubs thoughts

ImmortalTech said:
"oh my god.. these guys aint gangsta.. these guys aint crunk with a 4 year olds vocab. How could I even listen to someone like this. I'm way too hood for this shit"- Dubs thoughts
whats your problem??...last time i checked hip hop is NOTHING more than artistic expression...but as a GENRE, face it its over...DECEASED...in mainstream eyes at least....

ARon

Icecixz said:
whats your problem??...last time i checked hip hop is NOTHING more than artistic expression...but as a GENRE, face it its over...DECEASED...in mainstream eyes at least....
I have to disagree. Sales may be down, music most "heads" like may not be in the limelight but rap is still movin forward. Crunk music is still pretty new, although it is being thrown at you from everywhere, so I mean the music is still progressing, hasnt really stopped anywhere. Hearin new sounds daily and you still get your underground fix. There is more new music being made available everyday than ever. No way in hell this genre is dead, even in the mainstream.

mainstream or not, im sick of ppl saying "all artist are doing the same shit".. "oh theres nothing interesting about hip hop anymore".. Like Aristotle said theres new sounds being made in hip hop today then ever... And this is for the heads that wanna discover new artist but just dont know where to look, so I'm lookin for ppl to post more artist they think have something to offer the hip hop fans...

And if you really think hip hop is dead u need to let go of Pac Biggie and the NWA and open ur eyes to some fresh shit... Most of this hip hop is dead bs started when Nas announced his album anyways... if it were dead it died way before Nas realized it... infact it was being cremated when Nas was still singing Oochie Wally Wally.

.. yee Tekneek Vakill is dope.. although he's a typical "battle type" emcee with sick punchlines, he still has mad talent

jbrolax

no matter where or what, its over, just give up...

EDIT: I see my reply aint educational. HIP HOP is dead because hip hop was a movement. Back in the late 80's and early 90's it was a way to be heard. And lets be serious there was a message too. Now there aint no message, but its being heard. On a look back it was a waste of time, because once people starting listening, laffy taffy and chicken noodle soup fuckin blew it....im sorry get over it

ARon

Nas is on point though, we are progressing but slowly. Not like it was back in the hay day you know. Thats why you got to respect your Pharrels and whoever else bringing different sounds and music to the mainstream. I made a thread of about 4 newer albums that were good, didnt get that many responses but some good talk, just need more shit like that if you want the the Hip Hop is dead talk to stop.

ARon

jbrolax said:
no matter where or what, its over, just give up...

EDIT: I see my reply aint educational. HIP HOP is dead because hip hop was a movement. Back in the late 80's and early 90's it was a way to be heard. And lets be serious there was a message too. Now there aint no message, but its being heard. On a look back it was a waste of time, because once people starting listening, laffy taffy and chicken noodle soup fuckin blew it....im sorry get over it
What are you talking about. Maybe what you choose to listen to you might think this "movement" has stopped but it is bigger than it has ever been, growing at that too. Worldwide. Some wak cats might be gettin all the airplay but really does that matter. Those songs come and go, as long as the good music endures than how is Hip-Hop dead? Dude was straight on when he said people need to give up the 2Pac Dre sound, its good but its old, people move on, I suggest yall do the same.

jbrolax

fuck airplay man, its over.... everyones conformed

And if they have not they will. Its and industry now, its not in the streets.

Serisously i was with you, but then i caught a clue. Im not done with hip hop dont get me wrong, i still listen theres some people still doin it, but other then that its over. Because the industry rappers carry it whether you like it or not. And joe rap the shit head is spittin the truth now its only cause hes waitin for that deal....once he gets signed its over....thats all seriously we had our fun

ARon

I think your taking this way too far. Seriously, the snap thing is pretty much over. The big names are all about to drop albums. This year hasn't been bad at all, just look at last month and what this month is about to offer. I dont know, you seem like you just gave up, almost as if you are joking. It really isn't that bad.

jbrolax

Im not here to tell you what to listen to, but ive been a fan of hip hop forever. I cant think of a time where it was like this. It was never this bad, shits all about money now. Listen all you what pop bottles fuck models, cause thats all your gonna get in the long run. Alright I get it your into undergound, but they'll all sell out sooner or later. And you'll be lookin for the next underground king, but guess what now your 30 years old and you dont care what some dude has to say about how much his diamonds dont bling. Its been fun, but hip hop died this morning...

and lets be serious are you inline at best buy for the next hot album. No some old white lady online for a cd called the doctors advocate because her 7th grader wnats it for christmas. Its 100% commercial now.

Theres some dudes doin it for real now, but lets be serious how much longer are they going to do it before they realize theres no more money it in.....

ARon

It hasn't been bad cus Dilla and The Roots completely did the exact opposite. I can name countless drops that have been good. 50 year old legends? Be real, forget the name and who this who that and listen to the music. Forget all that underground mainstream talk, I'm just a fan of good music. Through out the 30 odd years this genre has been around and evolving people have always talked about what they have, and what they drink, where they're from whatever, just in different ways. Name on "legend" who hasn't talked about a necklace he has or a watch he got, or what hes drivin and what not. I dont kow, you go on feelin the way you do but dont be mad if I think your stupid for feelin that way. Peace.

jbrolax

Aristotle said:
What are you talking about. Maybe what you choose to listen to you might think this "movement" has stopped but it is bigger than it has ever been, growing at that too. Worldwide. Some wak cats might be gettin all the airplay but really does that matter. Those songs come and go, as long as the good music endures than how is Hip-Hop dead? Dude was straight on when he said people need to give up the 2Pac Dre sound, its good but its old, people move on, I suggest yall do the same.
Yeh i know the movement is over, and the movement was hip hop it was a culture. The shit thats big now is rap, this shit it provin' anything, i mean you can get a record deal by knowin some dude that knows some dude, and record a WHOLE cd about sellin coke. But you didnt sell coke, and you didnt sell cd's, all you did was make a huge club banger. So what do you got...some white bitches you can give a shit about your broke ass, grindin up on some rich white dude because you bought her a drink, the same day he bought the album.

Heres my argument. Hip Hop started because the blacks wnated to be heard. Yeah it took a while but white people are finally listening. And what do they put out? Some Laffy taffy, or whatever the new club banger is...

I grew up on hip hop. I tried to stick with it i really did, but im gone, you will all follow. It is impossible to stick with it, im sorry for this reality you'll have to deal with. At least hip hop today makes it easy for you to give up....

ARon

"By knowin some dude that knows some dude" Good thing some dude knew some dude named Rakim who also knew some radio DJ named Eric B., is that the type of knew some dude who knew some dude you're talking about?

For every Laffy Taffy there are at least 10 good songs. There is a lot more "good music" than "bad music" out there. Just choose better music I guess I would say, stop concentratin on the bad so much. Good talkin, Peace.

ImmortalTech said:
how the hell do you know what i think?

you pseudointellectual underground dick riding dorks are really tiresome

*Riaz*

all ive got to say in this thread is that there's only a few in the rap game now that are keepin ir real,u feel me?

Im Sure all the real G's In Here Know Which Few Im Refering to!
Pz.......

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.