Getting this off my chest: "I Used to Love H.E.R." sucks.

^^i dont know why its a laughable comment?

One Mic is a great song, and Nas is a great artist? -and it was in relation to the comments made about Nas "recent" material...

ha ha ha??

ARon

It was just funny, ha ha. Read it again or something who cares.

Progress into what you ask, I have no idea, thats a good thing. But it seems like the creativity has slowed down for the moment with maybe a few exceptions here and there. Thats why I'm asking why hasn't anyone came and dropped my jaw in the past couple years. I wasn't saying hip-hop is a bunch of stupid shit but my questions are.

linx

Staff member
kman_69 said:
^^i dont know why its a laughable comment?

One Mic is a great song, and Nas is a great artist? -and it was in relation to the comments made about Nas "recent" material...

ha ha ha??
I thought it was obvious why I laughed. When people are just getting into an artist, there's usually a certain song they will hear first and they'll be hooked on that song for a while and tell everyone about it. Pac and Ambitionz As A Ridah. Biggie and Hypnotize. Nas and One Mic. You just came off as the type of person that was saying to me .."hey, I just got into Nas and One Mic is a great song, listen to it!" like I haven't heard it already.

hmmm

1. I think I Used to Love H.E.R. Is a tight track, but it is definitely over rated
2. I dont like these "hiphop fans" that think kanye is the heart of consious just cuz of that sierra lione song, which was pretty weak
3. RZA is most likely the best producer in the game, hes got the most range (yes i think he's better than Dre)
4. Biggie in no way is, nor was he the best Emcee
5. AZ outshines Nas on nearly every track they do together
6. Immortal Technique is repetitive, and sometimes his rhymes are just plain stupid, but for some reason i still like his style
7. ppl need to get off yukmouths dick
8. whats up with every1 hating on game when he was with g-unit, but now all of a sudden he's "bringin the west back"
9. Scarface and Goodie Mob are the most under rated artist outta the south

~peace

linx

Staff member
ImmortalTech said:
4. Biggie in no way is, nor was he the best Emcee
5. AZ outshines Nas on nearly every track they do together
Agreed, although I don't think he always outshines Nas. When I hear a track with the 2 on it, I think of how great the track is rather than worrying about who outshined who really. I know what you mean though.

as far as i remember, Master P and the no limit soldiers were the biggest in the south. And Now its ppl like Yin-Yan Twins, T.I., Lil Flip etc. Outkast has had alotta success too, but they most definitely earned that... I know Face gets alotta respect, but not nearly enough especially in the mainstream, although he has been credited by the mainstream.
----
and yea i think AZ and Nas make an ill duo, but usually the verse that really sticks out in my mind from the track is by AZ. And i wonder at times why Nas gets more props than AZ for their lyrical skills

~peace

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.