Fuck Lil Wayne. Yeah, I said it..

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
The problem is most of you, Syns Im looking at you, are just too fucking uptight and serious with your shit and forget hiphop is fun.

Sure Monch has better lyrics, but you know what, Id rather listen to Weezy nowdays for his swagger.

Dude just has FUN with it and that is fun to listen to, it's entertaining music. I love how people say rappers sell out when they do it for the money and people should "do it for the love of hiphop" but then when someone like Weezy does just that they hate on him too just because he does it different.

Wayne loves this shit and he does it well.

I could quote some complex Weezy lyrics, but those arent my fav Lil Wayne verses... So I will quote you my fav one right now because it SOUNDS dope as fuck when he spits it, its ENTERTAINING and it is FUN. It shows his character, and Id much rather see a rappers character then listen to them spit dictionary raps or try to appear over intelligent.

"I know whores
That know whores
Thats always wit some more whores
You old whores
I show whores
I grow whores
I kno whos at da store cuz i go more
I go for it and so for it
Mami say she so board,
Well o boy oh ooo
I leave that pussy so sore"

ill-matic

yeh fo real. people needa remember that part of the reason why hip hop / rap is so great is that it incorporates many aspects - fun, sadness, happiness, anger, etc etc. you can't appreciate something less just cos it's not 'deep' or 'serious'.

actually, now that im thinking about it.. i hate it how hip hop fans point to "deep and meaningful" tracks to try justify to conservative folk that hip hop is "good" . hip hop will always incapsulate everything for me - all emotions, and it's for every mood.

Only time Wayne had beats like that throughout was Hot Boyz and 500 Degreez.
And if he still had full albums of those type of beats people would not be feelin him at all outside the south. The fact he doing a more East coast friendly sound is helping his carrer out alot. Damn "Go DJ" is that jam though.:thumb:

don't say that because Linx will not only put up 50 emcee's whom are better than Wayne but he'll probably drop one song from each of those 50's rappers which shits on Wayne's entire catelouge.

Ive heard Pharoahe Monch drop better lines then all of that and thats when Pharoahe was coming wack!.

The entire southern movement has become stale only for the fact that everyone is sounding the same, every song is the same and every beat and rhyme are almost the same. I do appreciate something with slight meaning and wittiness like Field Mob or Backwudz, along side the greats like UGK Outkast etc.. but it seems all you need these days is A) a southern american accent, B ) a ridiculously bassed up casio beat and C C ) a wack, over done topic. The lyrics themselves can be ass, the flow can be ass.. as long as the accent, beat and topic is straight. HIT!.

peac3.
Agreed.

The problem is most of you, Syns Im looking at you, are just too fucking uptight and serious with your shit and forget hiphop is fun.

Sure Monch has better lyrics, but you know what, Id rather listen to Weezy nowdays for his swagger.

Dude just has FUN with it and that is fun to listen to, it's entertaining music. I love how people say rappers sell out when they do it for the money and people should "do it for the love of hiphop" but then when someone like Weezy does just that they hate on him too just because he does it different.

I could quote some complex Weezy lyrics, but those arent my fav Lil Wayne verses... So I will quote you my fav one right now because it SOUNDS dope as fuck when he spits it, its ENTERTAINING and it is FUN. It shows his character, and Id much rather see a rappers character then listen to them spit dictionary raps or try to appear over intelligent.

"I know whores
That know whores
Thats always wit some more whores
You old whores
I show whores
I grow whores
I kno whos at da store cuz i go more
I go for it and so for it
Mami say she so board,
Well o boy oh ooo
I leave that pussy so sore"
Also agree with this, it kind of matches my first post in this thread; however, what makes swagger? Confidence? Because I'd have to say there are some rappers that have that swagger and the lyrics....this thread is more a testament to Wezzy getting love that other rappers should get. Its the fact that he's the most vocal I guess, but people like 50 are just as, if not, more vocal and they get shitted on by the "fans" on many message boards. What makes Wayne that much diffrent then a Juelz, TI, or 50...for if having fun and swagger make a rapper "that" rapper then TI shouldn't have to compete with Wayne in terms of flow, lyrics and swagger (dude named his album KING for heavens sake).

Wayne, I find decent....I named some Wayne verse off the top of the head too, but this is turning into "your a hater" "your a hater" type of talk...I know I aint being singled out, just wanted to add more to Linx and others justified points

linx

Staff member

I know what you're saying. I agree, dude does has fun with it. He's just not entertaining to me. When I think of a funny dude who has fun it it WHILE BEING DOPE.. I think of Redman. Ludacris as well. Of course there's gonna be rappers who try to sound intillegent, but there's also gonna be rappers who ARE intelligent as well. I mentioned Saigon and Joe Budden because to me, they're 2 of the best rappers in the game.. period. I'm not just stan praising these dudes saying they are the best thing ever, remember that. They're both incredibly dope, yet you see people hate on them. And those same people listen to Lil Wayne. So it makes me say "What the fuck?". It just doesn't make sense to me.

I really won't look at anyone and say they're an idiot for listening to Lil Wayne. I'm all for the whole listen who you want to listen to type attitude. Like I said, I just mentioned Wayne because he's blown up a real lot lately with all the music he's been making. If it had been someone else, i'd be here still.

roaches

the hate on lil' wayne boils down to his accent and his beats, that's pretty much it. you can't rationally tear down someone's prejudices, i dunno why people are even trying, lol.

oh, and mannie fresh = top 10 of all time.

Casey

Staff member
the hate on lil' wayne boils down to his accent and his beats, that's pretty much it. you can't rationally tear down someone's prejudices, i dunno why people are even trying, lol.

oh, and mannie fresh = top 10 of all time.
untrue. i don't have a problem with weezy's accent OR his beats. There's better rappers than him with the same damn accent and similar beats. i just heard a few of those new "Carter III" joints, and they were all straight garbage. that "fireman" joint was trash as well.

ARon

^What Carter III tracks didnt you like?

I think he is scrappin what he has right now anyway since he is talkin about not droppin til next year, either way whats out now is tight.

It's funny also cus I think Wayne might be the most entertaining rapper there is right now, with their music at least.

Farzin

For me wayne is a hit and miss.

What i mean by that is there are songs i really like and enjoy but then there are also songs that i say to myself wtf was he on?

I remember there was a time i couldnt stand wayne at all! I hated him but after i heard that free mixtape he had on the internet with his crew young whatever i got to appreciate his style. Roaches probably knows what mixtape i am talking about.

EDIT: Roaches what was the link to the site again? i actually lost that mixtape and feel like listening to it again .

7 Syns

Bro how can you be looking at me when you know correction EVERYBODY knows I'm the biggest Redman & Def Squad fan out there. That, to me is fun hip-hop.. the old Pharcyde to me was fun hip-hop.. Ive been listening to hip-hop well and truly before alot of people on here even knew what the hell an emcee was. I know what is fun hip-hop, I grew up with A Tribe.. De La.. Busta.. Queen Latifah.. Souls of Mischief..

Lil' Wayne isn't fun hip-hop dude's ok, I don't have a problem with him seriously nor do I have one with T.I. (I own all his albums) but I do have a problem with people becoming stale and putting that much music out there that the word music has to be replaced with the word rubbish or garbage or trash because they constantly keep repeating the same ol'.

It's the exact same as 50 or Ja Rule and their pop songs, you can tell me that Nas has done some and Jigga and even Ra.. I'll agree but ill also tell you that the main and biggest difference is Ra and Nas especially will do a pop song every decade or so when it comes out even tho shit may sound wack it's not really that bad. With 50 or Ja or in this case Wayne they do those songs on the constant. Over saturate themselves with the same shit. I'm not saying Wayne does pop songs but I am saying he does the same ol'. I heard The Carter, I thought it was pretty good.. the Carter 2 sounded like a poor mans Carter and the Carter 3 is shaping up to be a homeless man's Carter. Same shh.

Hip-Hop is fun for sure, I'll never forget that man. How can I when I own the album catalouge that I do and go to almost every rap show held here?? impossible.

peac3.

Casey

Staff member
^What Carter III tracks didnt you like?

I think he is scrappin what he has right now anyway since he is talkin about not droppin til next year, either way whats out now is tight.

It's funny also cus I think Wayne might be the most entertaining rapper there is right now, with their music at least.
i forget the names, there was one called "i feel like dying", another one called "la la" and i think 2 or 3 more joints i heard, wasn't feeling none of them. truth. i have no agenda against weezy, i don't have a problem with cash money, i like some of their artists, etc, etc ,etc. i just ain't feeling wayne, simple.

roaches - positive!

i figure it's you either really love lil wayne now...

or...

you hate him a thousand times over...me i'm wit the latter ver...it's his voice n' nasaly flow that annoys me...plus calling baby his daddy n' kissing him ain't gone earn points wit me

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.