Favorite Albu*m* So Far This Year?

linx

Staff member
Notice I said Album and not Albums. Go ahead and list some of your other favorites, as long as you list your absolute favorite first. :thumb:

Well the year is almost 3/4's over and there have definitely been some nice releases throughout the year. I think most people will pick Kanye's album, but that's definitely not my choice. I liked Az's album ALOT more than Kanye's actually.

But the one album I was probably waiting for the most this year was Little Brother's Minstrel Show and it DEFINITELY didn't disappoint. It got really great feedback on some forums and most people were giving it 4-5 stars. I couldn't agree with them more.

From the Intro to the Closing Theme, what a great album. Filled with great beats and rhymes. Beautiful Morning is a GREAT first song for the album. Soon as it started I could do nothing but bop my head. I love Phonte's verse on this song and he spits a line that fits my life perfectly. "Each day is another chance to do the things I could of ..done the day before, but didn't and known I should of".

It's hard as hell to pick a favorite song from this album cause there are so many dope tracks. It's in my opinion, an un-skipable cd. I've listened to it like 4-5 times now without skipping a track. A few of my absolute favorites on it are Hold On (Bonus), Beautiful Morning, Lovin It and All For You. And when Phonte does Percy Miracles, forget about it. That shit is side-splitting and funny as fuck.

-

- Let me say that Big Pooh seriously stepped his game up on this album. I think he can still improve, but you can definitely tell that he stepped it up. It definitely made the album more enjoyable.

- The production is great. I've always been a big fan of 9th Wonder personally and I didn't expect anything short of what I heard on this album. Lovin It is fuckin great and the rest are nice as well. 9th Is THAT dude.

- Carolina Agents. It's a song off the new NBA2k6 cd. What a fucking song. I still need to get it without some jackass talking on it, but it's only once so it aint that bad. The song is great though, they absolutely kill it.

- Now of course this is just my opinion, but with a sophmore release this good, I think Little Brother has proven that they have stepped it up and they aren't like any other group. They've been my favorite group for a while now and I don't see that changing any time soon.

- When I saw how many songs Darien Brockington was going to be on I was a little worried about whether or not I would enjoy them all since i'm not a huge r&b fan. But i've always really enjoyed the songs they've done together and when I heard the ones on this album, it was no different. All the guests were nice.

- I've always loved the chemistry that Phonte and Big Pooh have, but after listening to this album I enjoy it alot more. 9th Wonder's the editor and Pooh's the predator, but Tay's the creditor!

- Yall heard that Percy Miracles EP that Phonte did? Talk about side-splitting. That shit is fucking hilarious. I'm supposed to be goin to a Justus League show in 2 days and I hope he does something, heh.

DADDY'S COMING HOME! I'M NOT GONNA CRY, I'M NOT GONNA CRY!

The Game - The Documentary

8 months after it's release, but yet and still, to me it's the best album to drop this year (that I've heard). Before this album dropped, I truthfully had expectations of this being a classic album. And Game definately followed through. From the opening track which completely grabs you with Dre's production and Game's well-suited lyrics, Westside Story is just one of the many superb tracks to appear on Game's first album.

linx

Staff member
roaches said:
Studio album that's actually been released:
Edan - Beauty and the Beat

My answer's gonna change after Halloween, though.
Excellent choice roaches, I really enjoyed that album myself. :thumb:

I think i have to say The Documentary, but thats not saying much. 50's album blew. Kanyes was mediocre imo. If i were to give a second place, i'd say proof's searching for jerry garcia, i was surprised how well he did. Documentary was solid debut for game tho. I'm really looking forward 2 see if his next album takes it to another level or he throws out a stinker like Ole' curtis "i'm gay" jackson.

linx

Staff member
A question to all these people naming The Documentary. What other albums have you actually had a good listen to?

its linx! said:
A question to all these people naming The Documentary. What other albums have you actually had a good listen to?
Beanie Siegal - The B. Coming
Cassidy - I'm A Hustla
Young Jeezy - Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Slim Thug - Already Platinum
50 Cent - The Massacre
Young Gunz - (4get the name)

that's about it. and remeber, this thread isn't talking about the best. it clearly says our 'favorite'.

Confucius87 said:
Beanie Siegal - The B. Coming
Cassidy - I'm A Hustla
Young Jeezy - Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Slim Thug - Already Platinum
50 Cent - The Massacre
Young Gunz - (4get the name)

that's about it. and remeber, this thread isn't talking about the best. it clearly says our 'favorite'.
Young Gunz had an album out this year ? damn i musta slept on that.

S O F I

Administrator
Staff member
roaches said:
Studio album that's actually been released:
Edan - Beauty and the Beat

My answer's gonna change after Halloween, though.
Do you bump that album more than the others released this year? My guess is no.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.