East Vs West: Who Would Win Now?

East or West

• Eastcoast now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westcoast now

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OF course the westcoast! cuz I'm wit em! luv for the west, luv for the west..

hey! I thought Jay-Z quit the buiss? if he's aloud to join the east coast 2Pac will be aloud too! (okay I kno today I talk a whole bunch of shit.. please ignore it..)

I think the east is more popular at the moment..(can't understand that.. okay the dirrty south they make good music to party.. but the east? pfffff... :confused: )

I love "my" westcoast.. there r no words that can express how I feel for the west.. (except when I listen to TQ "westside"..gives me sumthin like "inner peace" ;) ..

Cheesyphily16 said:
Pimpinit is right, Pac's still killin em haha. Seriously pac will own the game forever and the west coast will always be better. The east has nas and jay-z. nas is overrated, and jay-z bites everyone in the game. honestly, who does the east have??? jadakiss, mobb deep, etc... weak soundin muthafuckas. puffy's never been shit and he's basically been the embassador for the east for the past 10 years. WWWWESTSYYYYDE!
what u know about the east ? u hear only some comercial mc'z n thats all!!!U cant pretend that the west is better if u don`t know nothing about the east !!!
[Thug-Life]2Pac said:
xaxa u think that ja rule jay z jadakiss n style p reprezent the real east side ? xaxa u r in big mistake !!!
GangStarr,Jeru The Damaja,Group Home,Big Daddy Kane,Kool G Rap,Krs One,Afu Ra,Fredie Foxx,Mos Def,Talib Kweli,Immortal Technique,Das EFX,Jedi Mind Trix,M.O.P.,Lordz Of Underground,Masta Ace,Ultramagnetic MC'z,Artifacts,Boot Camp Clik
thats some of the real east side mc'z n they r veteranz in this rap game they create this rap game !!! i got mad love fo the west but i think that the east coast mc'z are better now

i think the east has the deeper talent pool, the west may come back at some point, but at this point just the underground and slightly main stream east coasters could probably handle the west on there own. now that you are seeing more of the concious rappers get some airplay and the "bet" and "mtv" crowds are getting a bigger dose of the Talib's and the Common's i really think the east is stepping ahead of the game for now

I think people need to chill on the 'living legends' tip & on who has the best music right now.

If it was a battle, it doesn't matter who's putting out good music right now - it would be all about the battle records.

As for the 'living legends', I'm doubting many of them would get into it. It's usually left to those representing the side at the time.

The west still has more than enough to hold its own Westside Connection, Game, Dre, DPG is back which is huge for the west, shit fuck the east coast they ain't been puttin shit out worth listening to and the west has a lot of mixtape murderers most people haven't heard of yet even if the east does have more mc's the west is definetly more Gangsta and the only wish they had some westcoast production

WeSt Iz The BeSt!

WESTCOST , NO DOUBT

stop sayin dat The Gayme, Snoop , Dre , Daz.... iz westcoast, they ain't westcoast no mo, gayme iz from da west but hiz shit iz sound like east + he iz fuckin with dat east more then wit da west (+ a lot of niggaz don't respect him) take a look at SNoop....east coast nigga, dre....pfff , daz he scared to go out on the streetz , he still hidin in atlanta...

WEST:
C-BO
Yukmouth
Spice 1
Messy Marv
Keak Da Sneak
Ice Cube
Killa Tay
...too many to name all

7MalkoM7 said:
WESTCOST , NO DOUBT

stop sayin dat The Gayme, Snoop , Dre , Daz.... iz westcoast, they ain't westcoast no mo, gayme iz from da west but hiz shit iz sound like east + he iz fuckin with dat east more then wit da west (+ a lot of niggaz don't respect him) take a look at SNoop....east coast nigga, dre....pfff , daz he scared to go out on the streetz , he still hidin in atlanta...

WEST:
C-BO
Yukmouth
Spice 1
Messy Marv
Keak Da Sneak
Ice Cube
Killa Tay
...too many to name all
if it wasn't for snoop and dre, you think anyone out there would take a look at the west?

Thug_Raider said:
The west still has more than enough to hold its own Westside Connection, Game, Dre, DPG is back which is huge for the west, shit fuck the east coast they ain't been puttin shit out worth listening to and the west has a lot of mixtape murderers most people haven't heard of yet even if the east does have more mc's the west is definetly more Gangsta and the only wish they had some westcoast production
:rolleyes:

I love how the majority of the newbies are claiming the West, while the majority of the vets are claiming East.

Seriously people, do your homework, listen to any mixtape and you will hear 20 reasons why the East wins this battle. As I said, I will love love love love the West Coast till I die, but the East has more outlets, thus more talent is exposed.

Yea... mixtapes really show how successful you are. Add up the record sales, east vs. west and we'll see who takes it. I love how all you peeps claim to be "vets" and hip-hop's most knowledgable people cause you're votin for the east. You guys' don't know shit, half of you aren't even FROM the east. And all those shit rappers you guys are braggin about don't sell records outside of new york. their asses stay local cause they've got nothin and the only reason they sell is cause new yorkers are proud people and rep their own. As far as this whole thread goes, its a fucking opinion and there's really no right answer so take the dick out of your ass and chill the fuck out. :thumb:

Cheesyphily16 said:
Yea... mixtapes really show how successful you are. Add up the record sales, east vs. west and we'll see who takes it. I love how all you peeps claim to be "vets" and hip-hop's most knowledgable people cause you're votin for the east. You guys' don't know shit, half of you aren't even FROM the east. And all those shit rappers you guys are braggin about don't sell records outside of new york. their asses stay local cause they've got nothin and the only reason they sell is cause new yorkers are proud people and rep their own. As far as this whole thread goes, its a fucking opinion and there's really no right answer so take the dick out of your ass and chill the fuck out. :thumb:
Wow, way to take that personal man. Take the dick out of my ass? In every post so far I've been proclaiming my love for the West Coast. Relax man, count to 10.

There are many holes in your arguement from what you must think the main purpose of a mixtape is down to the importance of record sales, to you saying that we're not even from the East Coast but yet later on you claim that East is made up of rappers who stay "local" even though the east is the home of the Source, XXL, MTV & BET. While the West is proud of how they remain on the independent scene. Go to the East and ask 10 people who Crooked I is, and I bet 2 people will know. Go to the West and ask who Canibus is and I bet 7 people will know.

Whatever, my message is this. Everyone was just speaking their opinion and debating peacefully until you came in and started the lame insults. So nice work man, way to take everything everyones said personally, and then respond with numerous horrible points. You win.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.