Drive out the G-Unit Regime.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I like 50 Cent... He is a funny guy and a lot more intelligent than he gets credit for. 50 is right... Why should he support Kanye? All Kanye said was words, did it help the Katrina victims?

It's funny how people shit on pop rap as if it just came along after 'Pac and B.I. died, when in actuality, there would be no Hip-Hop today if it wasn't for records like that which pushed it over to become mainstream. Rap would've been in the same group with disco and doo-wop: dead.

Face it, there are some people who like to listen to the essence of Rap, and there are some who just had a long day and all they want to do is hit the club and party. Just because mostly sucky music rules the airwaves right now doesn't mean that rap is in a state of emergency. Those who put out good music will do their thing, and the same with the bad.

*Besides, G-Unit's last 4 releases haven't done anything - they're pretty much driven out if you ask me

PuffnScruff

Confucius87 said:
It's funny how people shit on pop rap as if it just came along after 'Pac and B.I. died, when in actuality, there would be no Hip-Hop today if it wasn't for records like that which pushed it over to become mainstream. Rap would've been in the same group with disco and doo-wop: dead.

Face it, there are some people who like to listen to the essence of Rap, and there are some who just had a long day and all they want to do is hit the club and party. Just because mostly sucky music rules the airwaves right now doesn't mean that rap is in a state of emergency. Those who put out good music will do their thing, and the same with the bad.

*Besides, G-Unit's last 4 releases haven't done anything - they're pretty much driven out if you ask me
this guy hit it dead on. this thread is a few years too late. g-unit has been in decline the past year or two.

pop music, including pop rap, is made for the average person. not the true music lovers who love underground stuff and like to find new artists that deserve more attention. the music business is just that, a business. they wont make money putting out underground people kicking knowledge or creative music. that sort of music will make the average person change station which loses raiting, less sales, and in all less money. it is just not what the average person, who only listens to music on the way to work and in their car, wants to hear. they want catchy music which is exactly what g-unit was putting it out. this is nothing new it has been this way for decades.

ARon

^Just cus someone doesn't listen to "underground" or only follows "mainstream" doesnt mean they aren't true music lovers. But yeah, people act like this is the first time anyone has complained about the state of Hip-Hop or it is an some sort of emergency. Some of my favorite rappers were talking about the same thing during my favorite era of this music, Common and OC. So acting like G-Unit is a regime is stupid, actin like it is any rappers fault is stupid, looking in the mirror and pointing at it is where yo start. Stop hating on what might be someone elses favorite music and concentrate on your favorite instead.

Aristotle said:
^Just cus someone doesn't listen to "underground" or only follows "mainstream" doesnt mean they aren't true music lovers. But yeah, people act like this is the first time anyone has complained about the state of Hip-Hop or it is an some sort of emergency. Some of my favorite rappers were talking about the same thing during my favorite era of this music, Common and OC. So acting like G-Unit is a regime is stupid, actin like it is any rappers fault is stupid, looking in the mirror and pointing at it is where yo start. Stop hating on what might be someone elses favorite music and concentrate on your favorite instead.
But G-Unit is a regime now, he wants to bring LL Cool J and start beefing with even more rappers with a possible rumor that he might start signing Cuban Link in his label.

ARon

truetupacfan said:
But G-Unit is a regime now, he wants to bring LL Cool J and start beefing with even more rappers with a possible rumor that he might start signing Cuban Link in his label.
So he wants to build his label by signing a legend, good for him. You are doin more to help this "regime" than you are to hurt it, grow up. Instead of givin what you hate more publicity, talk about what you like, let us know you have something to offer to this board besides childish bullshit.

Aristotle said:
So he wants to build his label by signing a legend, good for him. You are doin more to help this "regime" than you are to hurt it, grow up. Instead of givin what you hate more publicity, talk about what you like, let us know you have something to offer to this board besides childish bullshit.
But that label is going to crash, flops are coming soon, Let's face it, karma's hitting 50 big time and we the people will drive him and his brand out.

Lok

No body is driving them out of the game except themselves. It's called over exposure. It happened to Ja Rule, Master P etc. They get plaid out. Some bounce back. Most don't.

Lok said:
No body is driving them out of the game except themselves. It's called over exposure. It happened to Ja Rule, Master P etc. They get plaid out. Some bounce back. Most don't.

And that same thing is happening 50 and his brand, sorry not even LL Can save him this time.

And to the person who said the last 4 albums didnt do shit. I dont know if you noticed but other than TI and Lil Wayne no one has been pushing shit. not even Jayz and tons of people think he is the best rapper ALIVE.

ARon

If he is being driven out why do you care, why do you care in the first place. What type of person doesnt want to see another one succeed, a hater. Like I was sayin instead of all these I hate 50 threads, how about I like this guy, and not even mention 50 or G-Unit.

samtarin said:
And to the person who said the last 4 albums didnt do shit. I dont know if you noticed but other than TI and Lil Wayne no one has been pushing shit. not even Jayz and tons of people think he is the best rapper ALIVE.
no one else said they were going to keep selling millions of records and talk about themselves like they were the immortal fifty cent.whatever,if you dont like him don't buy his shit thats all you can do to "drive him out"

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.