Dr.Dre's beats are overrated

as of late they have been overrated in the maybe 2003-2005 period what ive heard from dre, only a handful have been tight. ie westside story.

but still he got the heat.

ATCQ

I think he'll save the good ones for Detox, but the beats he's been doing for the last few years have been shit.

His beats on Chronic, Doggystyle, NWA stuff, 2001 and various albums from 1990-2002 can not be called overrated. I feel his latest productions have been slightly lackluster but still people hve pointed that out time and time again.

Dre's beats aren't overrated. His mediocre beats are few and far between, like 'Nas is Coming' and I can't think of another one off the top of my head. People who think he's been off lately: did you listen to the Documentary? Even Dre's Encore beats were sick.

ATCQ

How We Do
Big Weenie
Just Lose It
Ass Like That
Never Enough
Outta Control
Gunz Come Out

If these aren't mediocre then I don't know what is.

It seems dre is very consistent and his beats are mostly nice but he is over rated some times. To me hes still one of the best but he can be over rated sometimes. His beats cant save a horrible song u kno wut i mean.

Bill G said:
His beats on Chronic, Doggystyle, NWA stuff, 2001 and various albums from 1990-2002 can not be called overrated. I feel his latest productions have been slightly lackluster but still people hve pointed that out time and time again.
:thumb: Yea his beats lately havent been too good. Hopefully hes saving the good ones for Detox

you must be kidding , all the beats hes done lately u all hate on the rapper and say the only good thing abuot the album was the beats and production , but the mans overrated?
i dont think you can overrate the standard that is set.

Bill G said:
His beats on Chronic, Doggystyle, NWA stuff, 2001 and various albums from 1990-2002 can not be called overrated. I feel his latest productions have been slightly lackluster but still people have pointed that out time and time again.
speaks the truth.

People who don't understand shit about making beats maybe thinks he is overated, BUT I can tell you this, it's only him and maybe two or three other good producers (Storch) who knows the real deal about how to quantize his drums and his notes to give that perfekt feeling to the beat.

Xerostoma said:
People who don't understand shit about making beats maybe thinks he is overated, BUT I can tell you this, it's only him and maybe two or three other good producers (Storch) who knows the real deal about how to quantize his drums and his notes to give that perfekt feeling to the beat.
Yea. He is definately the most skilled rap producer out there. But he isnt in my top 5. I dont think anyone is denying his talent as a producer.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.