Dr.Dre's beats are overrated

i think the 91-96 era was when his beats were classic man .. 2001 had some hot beats but they dont compare to the doggystyle/chronic era ... i think alot of his beats are decent beats but it comes with the name "produced by dre" attached to it so rappers want dre beats .. overrated maybe .. mediocre producer no way .. dre is nice with it but theres at least 5 better producers than dre

roaches

What I don't like about his recent beats is that he tries to make them all thematic and shit.

Every beat he does, he'll have some flourish or organic or creepy strings. That shit ain't funky. It's like he decided that the G in G-funk stands for gothic.

i think dre is still bringin the heat, and if you look at the past 5 years, the beats he has done for Mary J Blige, Gwen Stefani & Eve, Game, 50 and Em, i do not think he is overrated at all, if anything i think he is overworked...name another producer that is in as high demand as Dre, and when naming the other producer remember that a bigger artist requires much more attention than a lesser known artist and take into account that dre works with VERY established artists. i can't think of any maybe, timbaland a few years back and the neptunes possibly but they are a team, not a single guy.

Diaz

Violent. said:
How We Do
Big Weenie
Just Lose It
Ass Like That
Never Enough
Outta Control
Gunz Come Out

If these aren't mediocre then I don't know what is.
How We Do - Hot beat, radio played it out
Big Weenie - This beats OK, the song was just fuckin retarded
Just Lose It - This is wack, I'll agree
Ass Like That - This beat was actually pretty tight, but Eminem fucked it up
Never Enough - This beat and song were fuckin fire, you're just a hater! :):thumb:
Outta Control - Havent heard it
Gunz Come Out - Heard it once, cant remember how it sounds

Fuck off hater! :):thumb:

ATCQ

Diaz said:
How We Do - Hot beat, radio played it out
Big Weenie - This beats OK, the song was just fuckin retarded
Just Lose It - This is wack, I'll agree
Ass Like That - This beat was actually pretty tight, but Eminem fucked it up
Never Enough - This beat and song were fuckin fire, you're just a hater! :):thumb:
Outta Control - Havent heard it
Gunz Come Out - Heard it once, cant remember how it sounds

Fuck off hater! :):thumb:
Okay you stick to your candy ass songs if you want. I'd rather listen to music that isn't created for 12 year old girls.

Violent. said:
Okay you stick to your candy ass songs if you want. I'd rather listen to music that isn't created for 12 year old girls.
Just because some of that shit was marketed at young kids, doesn't mean it can't be hot, does it?

Preach

fiftycent2002 said:
i think the 91-96 era was when his beats were classic man .. 2001 had some hot beats but they dont compare to the doggystyle/chronic era
i think it's wrong to compare them though because you can't make one style of beats all your life. you evolve, that's a natural thing, and furthermore a fact. as a mainstream artist you are reliant on people liking your stuff, and you have to re-invent your old ways to stay hot.

roaches said:
What I don't like about his recent beats is that he tries to make them all thematic and shit.

Every beat he does, he'll have some flourish or organic or creepy strings. That shit ain't funky. It's like he decided that the G in G-funk stands for gothic.
i agree with you on that one :thumb:

Violent. said:
you sound mature. yay you. i for the life of me can not understand why you feel offended by someone not sharing your taste in music. is there really any reason to get offensive because some people don't agree with you?

ATCQ

Rizzle said:
is there really any reason to get offensive because some people don't agree with you?
I wasn't offensive until I was told to "fuck off hater" for expressing my opinion on some songs.

AmerikazMost

Bill G said:
Dre's beats weren't the driving force behind Rakim's departure.
Actually, they were. What do you think "creative differences" means?

Dre wasn't giving sufficient attention to Ra's project. Have you not heard "After You Die"?

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
AmerikazMost said:

Dre wasn't giving sufficient attention to Ra's project. Have you not heard "After You Die"?
That to me still doesn't mean beats was an issue. It means that Dre was putting other artists before Rakim.
After you die is a nice track. I woulda loved to hear a Rakim/Dre project.
Also why hasn't Rakim finished his album yet. You would've thought he wanted to prove a point to Dre.

AmerikazMost

Pittsey said:
That to me still doesn't mean beats was an issue. It means that Dre was putting other artists before Rakim.
After you die is a nice track. I woulda loved to hear a Rakim/Dre project.
Also why hasn't Rakim finished his album yet. You would've thought he wanted to prove a point to Dre.
I wasn't feeling the production on "After You Die" that much though Ra's lyrics were great (of course), but "Welcome to the Hood" was hot.

I thought it was because of the all the issues with his family and his ex.

I don't know enough though (not as much as I like). I just try and put everything I'm able to find together, like assuming that Dre not spending as much time with Ra meant that Ra wasn't getting what he should have been getting.

Rock

Violent. said:
hahaha lmao! :D

That should tell you something Diaz :)

Ra left aftermath cuz Jimmy Ivione wanted him to make a gangster album but Ra said no and wanted to do his own thing. So instead of being a bitch like 50 Cent and Eminem and just doing what the label head tells you to do he said fuck it and bounced.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
AmerikazMost said:
I don't know enough though (not as much as I like). I just try and put everything I'm able to find together, like assuming that Dre not spending as much time with Ra meant that Ra wasn't getting what he should have been getting.

I agree. Dre likes things to be done his way. There's no room for negotiation. Rakim has been around to long to do that.

Saroya said:
Ra left aftermath cuz Jimmy Ivione wanted him to make a gangster album but Ra said no and wanted to do his own thing. So instead of being a bitch like 50 Cent and Eminem and just doing what the label head tells you to do he said fuck it and bounced.

False.

AmerikazMost said:

You don't know the half. There was an interview with one of Dre's co-producers (might have been Mel-Man) on the departure and it is more than Dre giving Ra insufficient attention.

Just because Dre has the knowledge to make musical compositions doesn't mean he makes good beats.So far most of the beats he did in 2005 were just plain shit.He had the worst productions on the Massacre, and when compared to all his previous beats all the new generation stuff is just lacking.Kinda funny how Dre sounded alot better when Mel Man was in Aftermath.....Hmmmm.....

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.