Does the chorus to Game's "Documentary"(title track) make you cringe?

Rosco said:
Yeah that goes without saying, all the albums he mentions with the exception of AEOM are classics.
Pfff...you gotta be kidding me???

The only album on that list that's MORE CLASSIC than AEOM is The Chronic.

All Eyez On Me = 2nd best west coast album ever, behind The Chronic.

S. Fourteen

I’m Ready to Die without a Reasonable Doubt
Smoke Chronic and hit it Doggystyle before I go out
Until they sign my Death Certificate, All Eyes on Me
I’m still at it Illmatic and that’s the Documentary

More of a story than a comparison IMO

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jason_g_718 said:

Doggystyle is far superior to AEOM.

jason_g_718 said:

Again our good friend Jason shows how dumb he is. AEOM is not a classic, it's pretty much accepted that MATW is a far far better album.

Of the albums mentioned in the hook AEOM is the weakest, end of story. But then your lack of knowledge of anything that isn't the mainstream of the mainstream has shown you up to be a fool....again.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I rate AEOM higher than death certificate and definately higher than The Doc.

But MATW is 2pac's best album followed by DK7.

Pittsey said:

I wasn't including The Doc, if I had to rank them it would go:

Illmatic
Ready To Die
Doggstyle
Reasonable Doubt
The Chronic
Death Certificate
AEOM

With the final two trailing somewhat behind the others.

Peace.

jerzeymobfan said:
Shut Up!!! The Intro Of That Song Killed Everything!!! "bitch I Want My Mother Fucking Money!!" "u Only Gave Me Five Dallors!!" "no Bitch I Gave U Twenty Mother Fuckin Dallors!!"
lmao that intro is hilarious ima have to put that on my voicemail

Again our good friend Jason shows how dumb he is. AEOM is not a classic, it's pretty much accepted that MATW is a far far better album.
Since when did saying one album by an artist being a classic negates another album from the same artist from being a classic as well?

I think both are classic, but for different reasons. The only reason MATW is "more classic" than AEOM is because MATW shows a more political and conscience Pac. MATW had more depth an insight.

But, that doesn't prevent AEOM from being classic too.

Of the albums mentioned in the hook AEOM is the weakest, end of story. But then your lack of knowledge of anything that isn't the mainstream of the mainstream has shown you up to be a fool....again
Yeah, "end of story" cuz you say so? Don't think so. That ain't how things work. See, the dialogue in which you have typed is called an "opinion". Do you know what that means?

It's all opinion dude, and obviously you're blind enough to think that yours is all that matters.

Pittsey said:

To me, because of the presence of more material, AEOM is better than DK7. See...it's actually not even right to compare DK7 to anything else Pac did, because that album is just a side of Pac that we'll unforunately never get to see again.

However, AEOM has MUCH MORE material than DK7, that's my only reason for placing it higher. Almost every song from AEOM could have been a single and if Pac hadn't died, that just may have happened.

Rosco said:
I wasn't including The Doc, if I had to rank them it would go:

Illmatic
Ready To Die
Doggstyle
Reasonable Doubt
The Chronic
Death Certificate
AEOM

With the final two trailing somewhat behind the others.

Peace.
haha, funny shit here.

My list:
The Chronic
All Eyez On Me
Doggystyle
Illmatic (even though I don't like the album)
Death Certificate
Reasonable Doubt
Ready 2 Die
The Documentary

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
jason_g_718 said:
To me, because of the presence of more material, AEOM is better than DK7. See...it's actually not even right to compare DK7 to anything else Pac did, because that album is just a side of Pac that we'll unforunately never get to see again.

However, AEOM has MUCH MORE material than DK7, that's my only reason for placing it higher. Almost every song from AEOM could have been a single and if Pac hadn't died, that just may have happened.

There was only 8 good songs on AEOM. I listen to it often. Just started again today, after not touching it for a year. But I skip way too many songs.

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
DoogyStyle
Chronic
Illmatic
Ready 2 Die
AEOM

I don't like Jay-Z or Cube so I'd be biased. Doesn't mean I don't recognise their talent though.

I didn't say that an artist can only have one classic album. I believe MATW and DK7 to be classics. AEOM, like Pittsey said, has way too much filler which prevents it from reaching classic status.

And that isn't my opinion, that's the general consensus of the majority of people on this board with half a brain.

Pittsey said:
There was only 8 good songs on AEOM. I listen to it often. Just started again today, after not touching it for a year. But I skip way too many songs.
Well, let's see:
How Do U Want It
Ambitionz Az A Ridah
All About U
Skandalouz
Check Out Time
Picture Me Rollin'
Heaven Ain't Hard 2 Find
California Love
Life Goes On
What's Ya Phone Number
Thugz Passion
Holla At Me
All Eyez On Me
Only God Can Judge Me

There's 14 off the top of my head from AEOM that I listen to on a regular basis. Since 95, AEOM has NEVER left my rotation play list...NEVER.

I know I forgot some shit too.

I didn't say that an artist can only have one classic album. I believe MATW and DK7 to be classics. AEOM, like Pittsey said, has way too much filler which prevents it from reaching classic status.
Well, that is fine as long as you recognize it as your opinion and nothing more.

The only 2 songs on AEOM I find to be filler are "Got My Mind Made Up" and "Ratha Be Ya Nigga".

I'd like to know what you consider "filler".

And that isn't my opinion, that's the general consensus of the majority of people on this board with half a brain
Now this is the bullshit part of your post.

BTW, if it's such the majority of opinion in here, why is AEOM currently in the lead for "the most clasic 90s album" thread?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.