Doctors Advocate thread

Mr P-nis said:
You know what I think? I think Dre did a ghost-production on the whole god damn album, and nobody knows it or will know it, cause this shit is like a whole fuckin' tribute to Dr. Dre and his classic shit. Why the fuck would he call it Dr's Advocate anyway?
–noun
1. a person who speaks or writes in support or defense of a person, cause, etc. (usually fol. by of): an advocate of peace.
2. a person who pleads for or in behalf of another; intercessor.
3. a person who pleads the cause of another in a court of law.

ganderson said:
sHOULD LEAK IN ABOUT A WEEK OR SO. I have heard hustlers ambition/dream and it seems dope along with one blood and strip club These few tracks that have leaked are good IMO so lets hope the rest of the album is as solid.

Here is an snipit from an iterview with crooked I talking about the game and the west coast:

Crooked I: To be honest with you, there are a lot of cats on the West talking about being the King of the West Coast. We could look at it like 2Pac took the crown with him because he definitely made his mark as a historical rapper. The way I look at it is you got Game. Game is the only new artist on the West that's really pushing units right now. To me, people like Dr. Dre and Ice Cube will always be kings of the West. Dr. Dre built three labels from the ground up into something historical. I always give props to Dr. Dre for being one of the kings. I always give props to Ice Cube and I always give props to all the O.G.'s. As far as these new cats trying to be king, they have to do some work. I have no doubt that after my debut album, people will decide if I'm trying to go for the throne. Me personally, I'm just trying to be a boss. A boss is going to have morals, principles, honor and that's what I represent. I'm not really tripping on that crown, but I do spectate and I do laugh when I hear people saying they're the King of the West. They're not really built like that and they need to focus on getting their career together instead of using a marketing plan to try to fool consumers. Game is definitely the Prince of the West.

What do you think about the Ras Kass/Game situation?

Crooked I:
To be honest with you, I wish they would just squash that. I got love for Game. I remember Game when he came to Death Row. I've done joints with Game and he's a cool dude. Of course I've done joints with Ras Kass and I love Ras Kass. I really wish they wouldn't beef but sometimes it has to be war. If they keep it on wax, it's cool, but they already went further than wax.

I wouldn't approach it from a spectator point of view. Forget Crooked I the hip-hop MC, let's look at me as a hip-hop consumer. I wouldn't have made the moves that Ras made as far as that beef goes. The thing about it is you have to make an impact when you're beefing with somebody. You have to make sure they feel you and you have to make sure the whole world feels you. I don't feel he made the impact he could have made. You have to understand Game is a multi-platinum artist and he's going to be on all the magazine covers and he's going to go on an incredible promo run. You can't throw rocks at a tank. You have to make sure you're in a tank too. You have to be more strategic when you go up against somebody of Game's caliber. I think a lot of times we get lost in the fact that we're dope lyricists. That's just my opinion as a consumer. I've followed both of them and I've been following hip-hop since Kool Moe Dee and KRS-One. Beefs keep the hot joints coming like "No Vaseline" or "Hit 'Em Up." The beefs are usually on equal level but when they're not, the person lower has to be more strategic than the other person. That's just my opinion from being a consumer. From me as an MC, I wish they would squash that.

Is Game a good representation of the West Coast?
Crooked I: Yeah, he's a good representation of the West Coast to me. A lot of people like to say Game sounds too East Coast or that he raps over East Coast beats. The thing is, hip-hop is a culture and it's supposed to be like that. The East is supposed to have an influence over the West and the West is supposed to have an influence over the East. That's how we communicate. NWA had a lot of breakbeats in their production and they had a lot of influences that people could have said stemmed from New York in certain aspects. I see Game as a good representation of the West. I can see Game sitting out there in Compton. Compton is right next to Long Beach.

Content Management Powered by CuteNews
^----good stuff from crooked I :cool: i'm looking forword to it. i like game a lot. i like 50 too. so with the whole beef thing i was just laughing when one of them got one up on the other. i wish dre woulda contributed but understand that he didnt want to get into all that shit. looks hot from what i see so hopefully it will be. there is enough shit music out right now w/o adding to it. will pick it up when it drops

Mr P-nis said:
You know what I think? I think Dre did a ghost-production on the whole god damn album, and nobody knows it or will know it, cause this shit is like a whole fuckin' tribute to Dr. Dre and his classic shit. Why the fuck would he call it Dr's Advocate anyway?
possible but i dont think it's likely. :thumb: would be good though

PuffnScruff

i am liking it so far. i havent listened to it all the way through so far but its got hot production which is expected when you have a line up of beat makers like he does on this album. probably one of the top albums to come out this year.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.