Do you listen to hip-hop to look cool?

as far as music goes, the only time i was ever afraid to admit anything, was when i was into nsync and backstreet boys...and you all can see why...other than that i tell people what cds i like and what artists i like,.if they dont like it fuck off

KAMIKAZI said:
Well, I know a fat faggot kid at my school that wanted me to burn him a rap CD for him so he can "drive up to the movie theatre in his new car blastin P.I.M.P. by 50 Cents"... and he thinks that makes him cool
did he say it like that? 50 "cents" lol

i have eminems first three albums and D12, but i think he way to mainstream now, i listened to encore at my mates and the whole album is childish with the ONLY good song toy soldiers. As for listening to hip hop to look cool. u know im a big fan of hip hop, 2pac and yeah if im in my car i have it blasting all da time, most my mates aren't into it like me so the only other CD i got in my car is metallica "black", which they make jokes about (black being the title, i listen to only black music so they reckon), anyway yeah to look cool id have some crazy beats poppin out the system with the huge bass, but it also keeps me sain

kman_69 said:
i hated encore becuase it was a commercial ass album.

and no, i havn't ever said i dont like or do like something to look "cool"

.........and i dont know anyone that has?
LOL a commercial ass album..and all his albums b4 encore weren't commercial ? you must have hated those albums too :eek:

one mc on dj said:
How many of you little fuckers listen to hip-hop to look cool?

I mean how many of you are afraid to say what the fuck you like?

Let's take the easiest example...Eminem Encore

If you feel that album just say it don't hate on it cuz some internet hip-hop heads do...YOu DO realize those heads prolly have a total different taste and view on hip-hop than you right? Matter of fact everyone has a different view.

Newayz...Let's be honest have you ever hated on something to be cool or look cool?

How many of you hate on immortal technique cuz Chronic does? Cuz Chronic doesn't say he is the illest***

Now offcourse I am the first to deny that haha but on the other I watch my mouth/fingers...

I know there has been times that I talked mad bullshit and copied opinions....im past that I know state my own opinion...

So have you ever followed the mass and just licked ass..I know for sure everyone has had that or is in that period...

So share it...I know I make weird topics but I'm just bored...
I dont listen rap to look or be cool.
And I dont say I hate some album cause others hate it if I hate some albums thats only my opinion.
But I have li followed mass sometimes and licked ass :D but nowadays Im tryin to just have my own opinion.PEACE :thumb:

cap241 said:
i have eminems first three albums and D12, but i think he way to mainstream now, i listened to encore at my mates and the whole album is childish with the ONLY good song toy soldiers. As for listening to hip hop to look cool. u know im a big fan of hip hop, 2pac and yeah if im in my car i have it blasting all da time, most my mates aren't into it like me so the only other CD i got in my car is metallica "black", which they make jokes about (black being the title, i listen to only black music so they reckon), anyway yeah to look cool id have some crazy beats poppin out the system with the huge bass, but it also keeps me sain
the black album by metallica rules :)

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
I agree there's a lot of people who follow trends and opinions too easily, to appear cool.

It's cool to hate Eminem and Fifty.

It used to be cool to hate Game, but now he's got beef with 50, it's cool to like him.

Any underground rapper is cool, any rapper who sells 3 million plus is fake.

Just like what you like. I like Mockingbird. So there.

hip hop is a passion.
I love it and I don't listen to it, because some people think it's cool.
I just love to listen to dope rhymes and hot beats :D and I don't always care about the content off the lyrics^^ Flow is an important point, even though the lyrics are just avarage or below ... imo

peace

at first my reason was to see what the hype was all about an then at least me and my bf would have more in common in music(dont worry not all my reasons) slowly i got more into it and its all i basically like then rock/metal but i have to turn my music too down cause if you a white girl listenin to Pac more likely to get whooped.....discusting really.

No, I'm not afraid to admit that I like a band/song/genre. Unfortunately, being a little geeky whiteboy, people assume I listen to hip-hop to appear cool.

But I'll admit to listening to anything. I'm listening to some bagpipe shit right now; I'm just that crazy. I like Alanis Morisette too. And Marilyn Manson. And Smoosh.

YoungGunner said:
Ummm.... if you do your a idot....
:D

your supposed to listen to music because somehow, someway it's relates to you... bottom line... of course every body listen to something sounds good to their ears.. but to keep them coming back there has to be something deeper than that....
Not necessarily. I can't relate to Rammstein, because I can't understand a word they're saying, but I'm still a fan.

Pittsey said:
I agree there's a lot of people who follow trends and opinions too easily, to appear cool.

It's cool to hate Eminem and Fifty.

It used to be cool to hate Game, but now he's got beef with 50, it's cool to like him.

Any underground rapper is cool, any rapper who sells 3 million plus is fake.

Just like what you like. I like Mockingbird. So there.
cool, but hmmmmm no.

Last week a friend of mine told me that I was fuckin retarded for listening to hip hop music. Guess that's exactly what most of my friends think about the music I like. lol

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.