Diamonds by Kayne West

Self96 said:
Kanye West cant rap...period..case closed...yall remember how everybody was talkin bout 'kanye west is gonna change rap/hiphop bla bla bla'......he the same cat who works with wack niggaz like lil jon n shit....kanye west cant rap......he should be a producer not a rapper...
Kanye West DID change rap/hip hop.....any one who doesnt see that is blind, He's also made quality music, look at john legend, the shit they did together, the track he did with keysha cole, look at the shit he's produced, he's made Klassic's for Jay Z, Common, Kweli etc...he definitly made producers work harder.....lyrically, he may not have changed anything yet, but he has changed hip/rap from what it was...

peace

xxx

2pac4prez2004 said:
Kanye West DID change rap/hip hop.....any one who doesnt see that is blind, He's also made quality music, look at john legend, the shit they did together, the track he did with keysha cole, look at the shit he's produced, he's made Klassic's for Jay Z, Common, Kweli etc...he definitly made producers work harder.....lyrically, he may not have changed anything yet, but he has changed hip/rap from what it was...

peace
I agree, he has MANY classics under his belt. Actulally i like "diamonds" better than "through the wire" (1st singles off his albums)
and if thats an indication on how his new one will be, i might like it better than college dropout (and i loved college dropout)!

Very cool song.

I too am amazed that the starter of this thread spells his Kanye's name wrong while asking who Kanye's getting at when one of the groups of people he is getting at is those who continue to spell his name wrong!!!!!!

Xerostoma said:
It sounds so gay when he screams "ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever"
Hmm, well I didn't find it particularly cool but I was of the mind that he was, in part, paying homage - as opposed to biting - to Andre as he does a very similar thing on Ms Jackson.

roaches

It seems like he's stepped up because
a) the rapping > the beat on this song, which is unusual for him
b) he sounds so damn hungry

He attacks that shit, even if you don't agree with the final song being dope, you have to admit he definitely gave it a damn good effort. The dopest part of the joint is where he raps through the hook after the second verse. He went off on that motherfucker.

xxx

How can you call it generic? The beat sounds nothing like anything out right now (even kanye's stuff). Man, this is some classic stuff.

xxx said:
How can you call it generic? The beat sounds nothing like anything out right now (even kanye's stuff). Man, this is some classic stuff.
The song is generic. The beat may not be the usual (hardly something groundbreaking or unique though) but the song is generic. I played it once and deleted it. Everything Kanye touches seems to be heralded as classic or best of the year. It's sad.

Flipmo

VIP Member
Staff member
Wait, you're all talking about Diamonds Are Forever, right? lol, classic? I dunno what some of you have been listening to, but I don't see any improvement in his rhyming, I listen to this and Through The Wire and I notice the same rhyming scheme. I agree with his flow being much better, he's riding the beat alot better than he used to, and speaking about the beat, this is not his best and I swear I've heard it somewhere before, not in the rap game though. He's had doper beats. He had to lose the 'Outkast, Ms Jackson's Ever ever, ever ever'

Not a classic in my eyes. Good lyrics though.

Wait for the Psychotic Kanye Fan (that can't even spell Kanye properly may I add) to flip on me, little knowing that I actually enjoy his music, not his ego though...

Pittsey

Knock, Knock...
Staff member
Kanye has definately stepped up his rapping.

He may still have the same rhyming scheme, but when it comes to his wordplay his most recent stuff has improved. Like Roaches said he sounds a lot hungrier.
I also wondered if maybe Common was writing for him as Kanye's style is becoming similar. But maybe not.

I'm not really feeling the beat of this one.

And as usual as soon as you get succesful the haters creep out. You may not like him, you may not like his music. But you can't deny he has serious talent behind the boards and he's very refreshing behind the mic.

edit - Did Fatal really do that remix???

If he did that is some good stuff. But I had a copy of that remix about the same time the 1st version leaked. It also is missing Fatal tags and it has an intro from Kanye speaking about how he met some girl who lost a friend in a car crash.

But that is a real professional sounded mix. Props to Fatal. Top notch remix. I've been playing it for a while. Prefer it to the other.

Pittsey said:
I also wondered if maybe Common was writing for him as Kanye's style is becoming similar. But maybe not.
Never took that into consideration, i deffinitley think common left an impact on kanye though, maybe for the better, we'll see when Late Reg drops... :thumb:

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.