Death Row's at it again.

ArtsyGirl

jason_g_718 said:
How is Aftermath "still kinda new? They've been in existance for fucking years, and they started getting popular bigtime when Eminem hit. Which was like 98 or 99.
Still when you measure how successful Death Row was (lets say 90-98) its a similar if not smaller time frame than DR.

artisticgurl said:
What I mean is EVERYBODY knows how Suge does business - Even people on the internet who dont have anything to do with the Industry. But if I asked how Andy Slater does business you'd have no idea.
OK, I'm not sure how to explain what I'm thinking.

The people who are street smart and keep up on stuff that mainstream media and your every day soccer parents aren't going to know. For example, if I asked the producer I work with at my recording studio what he knows about Suge Knights business skills, he'd tell me exactly what anyone on this board would tell me. However, if I were to ask say....my aunt and uncle who along with my 3 younger cousins are the "perfect american family". I know my uncle knows of Suge Knight, but if you asked him or my aunt "what do you know about Suge Knight and the way he does business" they'd tell you they don't know.

artisticgurl said:
Still when you measure how successful Death Row was (lets say 90-98) its a similar if not smaller time frame than DR.
Well, I understand that Aftermath is just now really becoming the top label around, but my point was that the label has been in existance for years. Since what? 97?

ArtsyGirl

jason_g_718 said:
Well, I understand that Aftermath is just now really becoming the top label around, but my point was that the label has been in existance for years. Since what? 97?
Oops I meant Aftermath not DR. But how many real successful artists has Aftermath put out (actually released albums) Eminem.. who else (not including Shady Records)

artisticgurl said:
Oops I meant Aftermath not DR. But how many real successful artists has Aftermath put out (actually released albums) Eminem.. who else (not including Shady Records)
Well, you can't say "not including Shady", because neither Shady nor G-Unit Records are independent. Both are reliant on Aftermath, which is ultimately also dependent on Interscope.

Like 50 Cent, he's not JUST G-Unit. He's actually G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath.

Young Buck is G-Unit/Aftermath
Banks: G-Unit/Aftermath
Eminem: Shady/Aftermath
D12: Shady/Aftermath
Obie Trice: Shady/Aftermath

So you can say that Aftermath is home to all the above mentioned artists and in addition to those Olivia, DJ Green Lantern, Busta Rhymes, Eve and a few others who, lol, don't do anything.

artisticgurl said:
Ok but your putting this out of perspective, what kind of music do they listen to gospel?
lol, no, they're you're average people with an average life and average kids. My Uncle is a fan of acts like Crosby, Stills and Nash, Neil Young, The Beatles, John Lenon solo, Led Zeppelin, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder...stuff like that.

ArtsyGirl

So they really dont listen to modern day music so you cant really compare them to your average music listener.
Its gettin a lil crazy with all these sub-companies isnt it, if you wanted to be true it would be 50 Cent - GUnit/Shady/Aftermath/Interscope.. A bit laughable.

Kareem

I dont think you can say Suge did nothing, i mean he set up the whole foundation what i mean is he went to Interscope an said "we get control of the masters, we own the publishing not you" no one else had the balls to do that and accomplish it. As far as how did he get Dre released from Ruthless, he intimidated Eazy-E into letting Dre out of his contract. Yeah his methods of buisness are different but are far as screwing artists outa money thats nothing new Suge didnt start it, that goes on all the time. Reguardless of what people think of Suge, if it wasnt for him there would be no Independant lables an Dre , snoop would still be struggle'n. Pac mighta gave up on music, who knows!

jason_g_718 said:
How the fuck are they dissing him? It's a legitimate news report.

Nowhere in that article was there ANY bias whatsoever. They posted the same report I've seen at a dozen other websites, same exact wording and everything.

I fucking despise Suge and DR, but they ain't guilty of shit here other than reporting the facts.
co sign.

jason_g_718 said:
Well, you can't say "not including Shady", because neither Shady nor G-Unit Records are independent. Both are reliant on Aftermath, which is ultimately also dependent on Interscope.

Like 50 Cent, he's not JUST G-Unit. He's actually G-Unit/Shady/Aftermath.

Young Buck is G-Unit/Aftermath
Banks: G-Unit/Aftermath
Eminem: Shady/Aftermath
D12: Shady/Aftermath
Obie Trice: Shady/Aftermath

So you can say that Aftermath is home to all the above mentioned artists and in addition to those Olivia, DJ Green Lantern, Busta Rhymes, Eve and a few others who, lol, don't do anything.
g unit/interscope, not g unit shady aftermath, 50s smarter den lettin ppl cut up his money. 50 himself is on shady aftermath, but the g unit artists r on g unit interscope.

''So you can say that Aftermath is home to all the above mentioned artists and in addition to those Olivia, DJ Green Lantern, Busta Rhymes, Eve and a few others who, lol, don't do anything.''

ANd you betta believe this guy cuz he is an expert....he started dickridin artists bout 22 years ago...his current project is EMINEM...but we all know that

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.