Death Row's at it again.

ArtsyGirl

jason_g_718 said:
And how did Suge get Dre out of NWA? Don't forget that.

Be real Gurl, Suge did NOTHING at DR accept get some people killed, probably launder some money and push drugs, and collect cash.
I guess we have a difference in opinion.

artisticgurl said:
That wasnt directed at you. I see Death Row like a gang if you step out of it you should expect the backlash - that may not be right but thats how it is.
yea your right about that,but still its kinda messed up, it feels like its more about jelousy then any thing els

Ricardo_Brown said:
yea your right about that,but still its kinda messed up, it feels like its more about jelousy then any thing els
I love the part where the reporter in Resurrectio asks Suge if there is any jealous towards artists who wanna leave the Label and Suge is all like "nah, I'm all for the next man doing what he has to do to survive".

When I saw Resurrection in the theatre, the audience was 70% black and as soon as Suge responded like that, the majority of the audience started laughing and there was like one big collective "yeah right" outloud.

artisticgurl said:
I guess we have a difference in opinion.
That's fine. I just don't think Suge actually did anything. Fuck, wasn't even Harry O the guy that gave Suge his portion of the money? Dre and Suge went in 50/50 on it, but Suge didn't even use his own money. There's also reports and rumors that Harry O is the TRUE owner of DR.

Suge didn't even do anything to sign Pac at first. Suge had offered Pac a job in 93 and Pac turned him down. Suge waited till 2pac was between a rock and a hard place. Then, Snoop claims he was the one that talked Suge into bailing Pac out.

Dre, and everyone else did all the fucking work. Dre, Daz, QD3, Snoop, Pac, Johnny J, Hurt M Badd....everyone else did the work, Suge sat back, ate, did drugs and collected money.

ArtsyGirl

Collected money is the smart part, as much as we hate those contracts it was smart on his part because he was the one getting the money.
And you can beleive Snoops word just as much as Suge's.

jason g 718 said:
Suge didn't even do anything to sign Pac at first. Suge had offered Pac a job in 93 and Pac turned him down. Suge waited till 2pac was between a rock and a hard place. Then, Snoop claims he was the one that talked Suge into bailing Pac out.
it wasn't even Suge's money that bailed Tupac out, the majority of the bail money was put up by Interscope.

xxx said:
hmm how many discs will it be? I probably have all the tracks right now anyway. oh well, maybe it will have some new stuff, yet i dont see how any unheard stuff would be amoung death rows best.
lmao :thumb:.

jason_g_718 said:
Dre, and everyone else did all the fucking work. Dre, Daz, QD3, Snoop, Pac, Johnny J, Hurt M Badd....everyone else did the work, Suge sat back, ate, did drugs and collected money.
Well, Dre didn't do anything remember? Pac said that Dre just took credit for other people's work. But anyways, that's what Suge is supposed to do. He's the owner of the company.

2pac DVD 2005???

Whats gonna be on the 2pac DVD thats supposely gonna be released this year.
Check out the project page and scroll straight to the bottom.
2pac DVD 2005
Might just be some official 2pac video clips thrown onto a dvd like all those bootlegs. Or the unreleased video clips that Pac made just before he got killed.

Azn_Makaveli said:
Whats gonna be on the 2pac DVD thats supposely gonna be released this year.
Check out the project page and scroll straight to the bottom.
2pac DVD 2005
Might just be some official 2pac video clips thrown onto a dvd like all those bootlegs. Or the unreleased video clips that Pac made just before he got killed.
i think they where planing to release the house of blues show,,

artisticgurl said:
Collected money is the smart part, as much as we hate those contracts it was smart on his part because he was the one getting the money.
And you can beleive Snoops word just as much as Suge's.
To me, you should work for the money you earn. Not just hire a bunch of guys who basically are TOLD to do something, not asked. Being "asked" to do something by Suge is like being "asked" to do something by the local mafia boss. The favor isn't really "asked" for, you're told to do it, just nicely...at first.

WessideThuggin said:
Well, Dre didn't do anything remember? Pac said that Dre just took credit for other people's work. But anyways, that's what Suge is supposed to do. He's the owner of the company.
A real owner gets his hands dirty. Dre did. Fuck..now he's the ONLY head honcho and he is the main man in all aspects.

Suge didn't even do anything musically. Where the fuck is the talent in using your street and business connections? And I mean, be honest, who's going to say "no" to Suge? I quote Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather:

"Well, my dad went with Lucca Brazzi to the band leaders studio, and he assured the man that one of two things would happen. Either he would sign the release to let Johnny out of the band, or his brains would be on the contract."

That's how Suge does business.

ArtsyGirl

jason_g_718 said:
To me, you should work for the money you earn. Not just hire a bunch of guys who basically are TOLD to do something, not asked. Being "asked" to do something by Suge is like being "asked" to do something by the local mafia boss. The favor isn't really "asked" for, you're told to do it, just nicely...at first.
I'm sure he worked to get to the point where all he had to do was give orders. Its like any company executive they do less but earn more. And its no secret to how Death Row is run and I'm sure the artists who sign to the Label know what they're getting themselves into. The genius is how Suge managed to make up these contracts and actually GET the artists to sign it - it takes alot of skill to trick someone that much. Now either these rappers were young and dumb or they just didnt see it - Either way Suge made a healthy living off it and you gotta respect that even though its not how you'd do it. But he's not the only one in the Record Industry who does this to artists he just doesnt hide it.

artisticgurl said:
I'm sure he worked to get to the point where all he had to do was give orders. Its like any company executive they do less but earn more. And its no secret to how Death Row is run and I'm sure the artists who sign to the Label know what they're getting themselves into. The genius is how Suge managed to make up these contracts and actually GET the artists to sign it - it takes alot of skill to trick someone that much. Now either these rappers were young and dumb or they just didnt see it - Either way Suge made a healthy living off it and you gotta respect that even though its not how you'd do it. But he's not the only one in the Record Industry who does this to artists he just doesnt hide it.
Well, I don't respect him for doing anything. Everything he does is as dirty as a toilet bowl full of shit.

And I don't see how you think he doesn't hide things. Shiiiitt...Suge got more secrets probably than the U.s. Government

jason_g_718 said:
A real owner gets his hands dirty. Dre did. Fuck..now he's the ONLY head honcho and he is the main man in all aspects.

Suge didn't even do anything musically. Where the fuck is the talent in using your street and business connections? And I mean, be honest, who's going to say "no" to Suge? I quote Al Pacino as Michael Corleone in The Godfather:

"Well, my dad went with Lucca Brazzi to the band leaders studio, and he assured the man that one of two things would happen. Either he would sign the release to let Johnny out of the band, or his brains would be on the contract."

That's how Suge does business.
Dre's only "getting his hands dirty" because Aftermath is still kinda new. But back then Death Row started off with a bang. I mean first off, they signed the "leader" of NWA and he released a crazy good album. And that's where it all started. How much work did Suge have to do? The Chronic brought so much money in.

ArtsyGirl

What I mean is EVERYBODY knows how Suge does business - Even people on the internet who dont have anything to do with the Industry. But if I asked how Andy Slater does business you'd have no idea.

WessideThuggin said:
Dre's only "getting his hands dirty" because Aftermath is still kinda new. But back then Death Row started off with a bang. I mean first off, they signed the "leader" of NWA and he released a crazy good album. And that's where it all started. How much work did Suge have to do? The Chronic brought so much money in.
How is Aftermath "still kinda new? They've been in existance for fucking years, and they started getting popular bigtime when Eminem hit. Which was like 98 or 99.

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.