Daz - So So Gangsta leaked

stefanwzyga

MOBnigga06 said:
Why you vexed over the Mak n Dilli album?

Daz had the right to that shit.
Yeah well i think what preach is talking about is a lot of peeps paid for copys of the album and never recieved the goods from daz.

stefanwzyga said:
Yeah same. I also like Thang on my hip, dats dat nigga and strizap.
Yea i edited out the intro to "Thang On My Hip" so i dont have to scan a minute and a half forward to hear the track :thumb:

Well what did you expect? Daz is the same man responsible for "Ambitionz Az A Ridah". I knew the album would be great.

I just wish he'd get mainstream love. His single needs to be on countdowns and radios because Daz has paid his dues. He deserves shine, but instead you've got Chingy & Young Joc hogging up space from more deserving cats like Daz.

Preach

MOBnigga06 said:
Why you vexed over the Mak n Dilli album?

Daz had the right to that shit. Afeni was an ass over it. Daz made that shit with Pac, he shouldda been allowed to sell it. Shit was dope too.
this is the final task of your training, grasshopper.

daz put the "makaveli & dillinger", sorry, i mean after he changed it to "dillinger & makaveli" although the former title had been rumoured for years and he just wanted to change it in the last minute, he put the ep up for sale on his website. awesome. but wait. it cost 500 bucks!! only five thousand copies were up for sale. after about a thousand people handed in their pre-order and paid for the cd, daz went and turned the price down to 50 dollars. why? because after the sales hit 1000, it started to slow down drastically. so he milked it. all the people who paid 500 for it got pissed, but were promised that they would get a special edition version of the album, with dil&mak accessories also included in their package. i dunno how many more pre-orders were put in, but after a while he turned the price down to 20 and sold the rest of the copies.

but no one ever recieved a damn thing. daz actually made one million dollars on that great scam. well it wasn't really a scam, because the release was held back by the shakur estate in the last minute. but daz never refunded the money although he promised to do so for a couple more months. nothing happened to him, he got the cash straight in his pocket.

a nice man, that dillinger.

Rukas

Capo Dei Capi
Staff member
DPG iz all I C said:
LMAO ive never heard this story, please do tell.
When Daz called Afeni a crack whore Jon and I "exposed" him in the news; at the time (im not sure if he still is) Daz was addicted to posting on his online message forum.

Because this was the time we were gearing up to head to Vegas, Daz made it clear that if we did in fact go to Vegas someone would kill us. Jon and I went regardless and nothing happened, obviously.

I like Daz though :D Cant wait for my copy of this album to arrive, All I Need is a banger. Someone hook me up with a link I cant wait.

Preach said:
this is the final task of your training, grasshopper.

daz put the "makaveli & dillinger", sorry, i mean after he changed it to "dillinger & makaveli" although the former title had been rumoured for years and he just wanted to change it in the last minute, he put the ep up for sale on his website. awesome. but wait. it cost 500 bucks!! only five thousand copies were up for sale. after about a thousand people handed in their pre-order and paid for the cd, daz went and turned the price down to 50 dollars. why? because after the sales hit 1000, it started to slow down drastically. so he milked it. all the people who paid 500 for it got pissed, but were promised that they would get a special edition version of the album, with dil&mak accessories also included in their package. i dunno how many more pre-orders were put in, but after a while he turned the price down to 20 and sold the rest of the copies.

but no one ever recieved a damn thing. daz actually made one million dollars on that great scam. well it wasn't really a scam, because the release was held back by the shakur estate in the last minute. but daz never refunded the money although he promised to do so for a couple more months. nothing happened to him, he got the cash straight in his pocket.

a nice man, that dillinger.

Yea i remember when all that went down.. I didnt have the net at home though during that period but i would check out hitemup.com whenever i got a chance and i remember reading about all that...

i guarantee 1000 people did not pay $500 for that album...in fact i remember the webmaster at dpgrecordz at one point saying only one person actually paid the $500 and their money was being refunded.

so stop with the fairytales

I clearly remember the whole Don't Go 2 Sleep scam. Thankfully, when that all went down I had just barely graduated high school and didn't really have much money, so I couldn't really afford the $50 album.

What happened was Daz first offered the album for $500 then dropped it to $50 as previously indicated, except to "compensate" for the difference in price, the people who paid $500 were supposed to get autographed copies of the album and a DPG Recordz jacket, much like the one that Kurupt wears in parts of his G-TV DVD, along with a few other goodies that definitely aren't worth the difference in price. And of course, Daz never followed through with anything or refunded the money. I know I mention this in a lot of threads, but let's not forget a lot of the weird things Daz has said:

* "You can come talk to me when you sell a million records." - to Eazy-E when he called Ruthless Radio, despite Daz not even having put any album yet at the time
* Daz said in an interview in 1997/1998 that Death Row still had 700 unreleased songs
* Daz said on his website in 2000/2001 that Suge had kidnapped Kurupt and taken him to New York (and this was around the time that Kurupt was rumored to be signing with Death Row again)
* Daz said on his website in 2001/2002 that he was going to enlist in the armed forces some time after the attack on the Twin Towers

And there's probably more than I can't think of right now. Daz can make good beats, but he's a nut... perhaps he and Bizzy Bone should hang out.

Rukas said:
When Daz called Afeni a crack whore Jon and I "exposed" him in the news; at the time (im not sure if he still is) Daz was addicted to posting on his online message forum.

Because this was the time we were gearing up to head to Vegas, Daz made it clear that if we did in fact go to Vegas someone would kill us. Jon and I went regardless and nothing happened, obviously.

I like Daz though :D Cant wait for my copy of this album to arrive, All I Need is a banger. Someone hook me up with a link I cant wait.
LMAO good ol' Daz :D

DeeezNuuuts, he is a nut, my sig pays homage to his antics... but Daz has some hot shit...lately tho, half the album been good half wack as, unlike RRGT, DY, RAW ..they were solid

oh yeah, Oink Me is tight too ;)

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.