Classic Albums

We all got cd's that we consider to be amazing or "classic" and everybody has different choices. So to give incite and spark interest to someone about the cd's which you consider "classic", name some off with a breif or if you like, a detailed description of why this particular cd deserves to be labeled with such status. Only rap cd's, so people name your favorites along with some information on the album. :thumb:

Illmatic is one of my all time favorite albums. Im feelin every track on it (even tho thres only 10). The delivery of his flow mixed in with the beats is just tight. classic nas shit.

Butt Rubber

More arrogant than SicC

Natas "Doubelievengod"

Probably the most popular underground horrorcore album ever, every track is a banger, esham production at its best.

Little Skittle

jay-z's the blueprint. i consider this to be jay-z's best album, and i also think this is better than every nas album. theres a great opening song, an amazing diss track, a summer anthem, lyrical amazing songs, and just deep songs. only 2 tracks i skip, while the rest are just mind blowing.

Stone_Cold

Blackalicious - Blazing Arrow

A truly inspirational, positive album. Gift Of Gab is an incredible lyricist and can flow his ass off. Its got everything, its original, straight up hip hop, soul, and got beats that Gab and guests such as Chali 2na and Iriscience love to rip apart.
And then theres the song called "Chemical Calisthenics", Its hard to explain about this song, but he really gives a lesson on how to flow with a beat. Its really original and experimental. It will leave u amazed.

If ur sick of most of the mainstream the hip hop around today then u need this album!

The rhyme historian exploring everything that we got
And even more so we exploring everything that they not
These are the glory days for lyricisits, forever we plot

One word to describe the album is Mindblowing

The Thug Life LP from 2pac. That album is so underrated I don't understand. This album should be 5 mics. Its straight raw gritty, westcoasts, street, gangsta, you name it. I just wish Pac would've been on all the songs and added about 2-4 more songs, but damn I love Thug Life more than Illmatic, Ready 2 Die, and plenty of other hip hop classics.

I also love Mobb Deep's "The Infamous". Straight Raw NY classic. All great beats, delivery, lyrics. Mobb Deep is the greatest rap group or duo in my opinion.

2pac . Me Against the World / All Eyes On Me / 7 Day Theory
*Until the End of Time*R U Still Down?* (filler songs dropped and combine them, could have been a classic)

Biggie . Ready 2 Die / Life After Death

Nas . Illmatic....shit even Stillmatic

Dre . The Chronic

Snoop . Doggystyle

Mobb Deep . The Infamous

50 Cent . Get Rich or Die Tryin' (wether u like it or not, he still moved units)

Eminem . The Eminem Show (whether u hate it or luv it.....he sold the shit outta this cd........made his ass rich as fuck)

Mac Dre . Ronald Draegan / Doo Doo Dumb Dumb

Master P . shit, can't remember the album name.....has Ice Cream Man on it.....

Tech N9ne . Absolute Power

Dogg Pound . Dogg Food

NWA . Straight Outta Compton

Eazy-E . It's on (Dre) 187 um' Killa / Straight off the Muthaphuckin' streets of Compton / Eazy Duz it

Naughty By Nature . don't know the album name.......hip hop hooray...

Public Enemy . shit, name one

Grand Master Flash . don't know the album name ...... white lines/don't push me 'cuz i'm close to the edge...

Ice Cube . album with good day on it

The Click . Money and Muscle / Game Related

Too Short . Shorty the Pimp / Cocktails

Rappin' 4 Tay . Don't fight the Feelin'

MC Hammer . hahaha it's a classic though......

Vanilla Ice . hahahaha still a classic.....

Sir-Mix-A-Lot . baby got back.....hahahaha still laughin'

Bone Thugs N' Harmony . Creepin' on a Come Up / E.1999 / The Art of War

Do or Die . Heads or Tails / Back 2 the Game

Twista . Adrenaline Rush / Mobstability

Brotha Lynch . Season of tha Sickness

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Even though motherfuckers aint gotten me My "Loaded" album yet, and I aint had a chance to pick up Psychoactive or Xorcist - and not 2 mention Season of da Siccness is hard as a motherfucker 2 find for a reasonable price...I'd have 2 say all these albums R straight up classics. From what Ive heard from each of these albums, every song is sicc as fuck. Not to mention its in the prime of each artist's career [save Loaded, but thats still sicc as fuck], and its some real str8 up westcoast gangster shit. Fuck that GUnit shit lol.

Bigg Limn

Staff member
pdxmuthaphucka said:
Tech N9ne . Absolute Power
R U serious? That album SUCKED. I can only listen 2 a couple songs on that...aint even heard that shit in a long time. Anghellic is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that...as well as Calm Be4 the Storm as Im told.

linx

Staff member
I've said it more than once and i'll say it again.. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. One of the best albums to come out in the 90's and one of the best albums PERIOD. I really can't think of any east coast album that has come out since that is REALLY fucking with it.

Limn said:
R U serious? That album SUCKED. I can only listen 2 a couple songs on that...aint even heard that shit in a long time. Anghellic is WAAAAAAAAAAAY better than that...as well as Calm Be4 the Storm as Im told.
yeah, i was gonnna say anghelic, but between the two albums i liked more songs off absolute power....that's just me though......that Vintage tech is fuckin' sick too.......that song....it's on

t9x
trapped in a psycho's body
she devil
slither
i'mma tell
industry is punks
keep on keepin' on

AmerikazMost

its linx! said:
I've said it more than once and i'll say it again.. Only Built 4 Cuban Linx. One of the best albums to come out in the 90's and one of the best albums PERIOD. I really can't think of any east coast album that has come out since that is REALLY fucking with it.
i love this album... i've never really put a personal top 10 together, but it would probably make it

Bigg Limn

Staff member
Yeah I wanted 2 pick up that VIntage Tech, aint had a change yet.

U dont like "My Worst Enemy?" Funny ass track and it bumps [and of course Ninna rips up the flow]!

Limn said:
Yeah I wanted 2 pick up that VIntage Tech, aint had a change yet.

U dont like "My Worst Enemy?" Funny ass track and it bumps [and of course Ninna rips up the flow]!

yeah, i like most of the songs off that shit....i got to thinkin' about vintage tech and lost all thought.........that worst enemy song is a great fuckin' concept though.....

BACDAFUCUP- Loud Raw Good lyrical, and good beats from JMJ. Came at a time when NY didn't have much. Still has the most classic party song in Slam.

All we got iz us- A later release from ONYX, with a dark grimey streets of NY sound.

Dare iz a darkside- Good production from EdoublE and Reggie Noble and awesome funky lyrics

Da_Funk

pdxmuthaphucka said:
50 Cent . Get Rich or Die Tryin' (wether u like it or not, he still moved units)

Eminem . The Eminem Show (whether u hate it or luv it.....he sold the shit outta this cd........made his ass rich as fuck)

MC Hammer . hahaha it's a classic though......

Vanilla Ice . hahahaha still a classic.....
How are any of those albums classic?

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.