Biggest Hip Hop Single Ever

Trump Tite said:
Yea it is true you dumb fuck cause MTV and VH1 are the most mainstream stations and in order for a song to be labled "Song of the 90's" its obviously gonna have to be popular in the mainstream.
Idiot.
1. Nobody watches VH1 unless you're over 35
2. Only teenagers watch MTV
3. Nobody cares what TV stations think about songs, they are TV, it is music.
4. You're not right, calm down,except it like a man :p

Diaz said:
Come on y'all, Crossroads has to be the most recognized Hip Hop video/song ever.
In France,the majority of people never heard of this song & of Bone too,so it's not the biggest...
It's sad to say but I think Eminem's "Without Me" is more worldwide than every other rap songs...
There are also Fugees's "Killing Me Softly",of course "California Love","What's My Name","Still Dre"..."I'll Be Missing You" was a big worldwide hit too

slang said:
"Best-Selling Hip-Hop/Rap Album In The USA
The best selling rap /R&B album ever in the US is CrazySexyCool by TLC which has reached sales of 11 million, surpassing MC Hammer's Please Don't Hurt 'Em which has sold 10 million units."
Fugees's "The Score" is the best selling Hip-Hop/Rap Album in the USA,it has sold 16 million units...
You can see the impact of a song easier when you don't live in the USA,that's a fact...'cause Americans are only interested in themselves...a song may be a big hit in the USA but this same song may remain unknown abroad...

Ok there are alot but i would go with changes. I have friends who are the whitest no-rap people you are ever gonna meet and they both know of and like changes. Not as many people know ill be missing you by puffy, cuz that was kind of a hip hop thing. Changes had a big impact. but i would also say real slim shady is up there. Love him or hate him that fuckin song flew. Mc hammers cant touch this was big, sir mix alot's baby got back, vanilla ice, and lets not forget str8 outa compton and fuck the police by the godfathers of rap NWA.

Makaveli_7 said:
lol i was kidding around but your quote had a certain, american stereotype to it. Leave Canada alone :)
lol I know

Canada, eh? My "friends" Big R and Exodus are from Canada, u can ask them what I think about Canadians :) Tho u prolly dont wanna know

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.