Beef in Hip Hop does not affect careers.

Mase

A bit obvious now isn't it?
People who were saying "Ja Rule's career is over! G Unit owned him!", see the thread title.
The only way it would affect a career, is if a no name gets attention by beefing with someone famous (Like 50 and now, Yukmouth have).

Mase said:
People who were saying "Ja Rule's career is over! G Unit owned him!", see the thread title.
The only way it would affect a career, is if a no name gets attention by beefing with someone famous (Like 50 and now, Yukmouth have).
So it does affect a career :p

Hurts

Mase said:
hm.. it only affects the career of the underdog wether he wins or not he gets mad attention if thet lil one beats the big one its extremely succesfull..actually what im saying is not true..if the bigger one the more famous loses ppl might say ah his career is over but nowadayz if the bigger one makes a hit him and the lil who has been promoted to big one too are both famous. lol u get what im saying?

CalcuoCuchicheo

Little Miss Vixen
That's bullshit.

There are situations where beef doesn't have any effect but it can, & does, have an effect on some rapper's careers.

Beef can solidify a rapper's credibility thus enhancing their sales.

Beef can also expose a rapper as weak thus taking away from their sales.

Beef can also leave a rapper dead - this could be a good or bad thing for their career.

Chronic

Mase said:
You're wrong.

"Beef can affect career."

End of discussion. Sometimes it has effect, sometimes it doesn't.
And beef did affect Ja Rule's career. You'd have to be a fool to think it didn't.

Mase said:
did you learn that in your 2 years of being into hip hop? lol

Chronic said:
You're wrong.

"Beef can affect career."

End of discussion. Sometimes it has effect, sometimes it doesn't.
And beef did affect Ja Rule's career. You'd have to be a fool to think it didn't.
:thumb: In order to not realize that Shady KILLED Ja Rule completely in their beef and ALMOST DID ruin his career. When Eminem started responding, he beat Ja so overwhelmingly that some of the most die hard Rule fans I know literally threw their CD's away or took them to the local record store in an attempted exchange/sell situation. Matter of fact, some record stores wouldn't even take Rule CD's in a sale or exchange because they had so many coming in and none going out. Lucky for Ja, he SOMEHOW managed to squeek out of his hole and actually get some of his fan base back.

However, anyone that says the beef didn't hurt Ja, that Ja is as popular now as before the beef or that beefs can't affect a rappers whole career is either new to rap music or a complete idiot.

xxx said:
"beef" resurrected Nas's career.
It also skyrocketed the sales and status of Pac and Biggie, had impacts on both images, although Pac's sales and "legitamacy" inflated much more than Biggies.

Beef also gave 50 Cent a career. Anytime 50 wins an award he should just start his speech with "I want to thank God and all of my beefs".

two187pac said:
how about you tell pac and big that it doesnt effect your career...... last time i checked it left them dead. talk about a career killer.
What are you? A member of the media?

Pac and Big's beef didn't kill them. Suge did. He had Pac killed because Pac figured out he was being fucked and had Death Row audited, on top of that, Suge knew that Pac had intentions of starting his own record company and leaving DR (though there is the rumor that Makaveli Records was going to be under the DR umbrella, but it was still going to be Pac's company, and that rumor isn't necessarily true), and bottom line, no matter what Suge MIGHT have been doing to help Pac with his own company, Suge probably thought in his head that Pac was worth more to him dead than alive, since Suge probably thought he could bank on getting the rights to Pac's unreleased material and shit. He didn't count on Jada Pinkett giving Afeni as much access as needed to her bank account to fight Suge.

So, I guess when you think about it, you COULD SAY that we have gotten so much posthumous material thanks to Jada.

jason g 718 said:
Pac and Big's beef didn't kill them. Suge did.
What are you? A psychic?

You don't know this to be true, so don't have a go at other posters when they state something that isn't factual.

Anyways, I wanted to ask you about these 'facts' on your website.

jason g 718 said:
Another "at the time of death" fact, is that just a day or 2 before his death, Pac had retrieved papers from LA to run for Mayor.

The reason that Tupac attacked Biggie for "biting his style", is because prior to going to prison, Tupac had pretty much finished all of Me Against the World, using beats that his producer had made. However, upon being imprisoned, Pac's producer gave Biggie all the beats instead, despite Pac having paid for them.
Not dismissing these just wondering, how do you know 2Pac was running for Mayor? (I have never heard of this)

And who ever said that 2pac's producers (yeah, there was more than one) gave Biggie 2Pac's beats despite Tupac paying for them? (I think this is straight up bullshit but I'm willing to change my mind given proof)

No one could say it better than Ras Masta, as you can see Rule's sales have declined since The Last Temptation and has become difficult for him to sell as much as he had done in the past.

Peace

makaveli_411 said:
No one could say it better than Ras Masta, as you can see Rule's sales have declined since The Last Temptation and has become difficult for him to sell as much as he had done in the past.

Peace

your a stupid fuck

ja rules RULE sold way more than last temp and blood in my eyes only sold less bcuz it was completely a diss record

dumb cunt

Latest posts

Donate

Any donations will be used to help pay for the site costs, and anything donated above will be donated to C-Dub's son on behalf of this community.

Members online

No members online now.